Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,058 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,512 reviews
on October 4, 2016
After 40 years of buying the same size and style of Levis these are the last I will ever buy. I probably have 10 pairs of Levis 550s, some from the UK twenty years ago before I moved to the US. Recently I ordered two more pairs. They are thin and soft. The belt loop on one pair caught slightly as I got into the car and ripped right off. These just aren't anything like the quality they were before. From now on I am going to have to try different brands. The cut has also changed slightly, these just don't feel the same, they don't stay up as well as the others, something has changed about the shape of the top foot of these. A few months ago I found an old pair that I may not have worn in the 18 years I have lived here, they are strong and thick. Real jeans, rather than denim pants.
on October 27, 2016
Belt loop broke after a few weeks of very little use. And they tell me this item is not eligible for a return. It's honestly amazing to me I probably wore them 5 times because it has been so hot in CT until this week.
review image
on March 6, 2017
I ordered a few pairs of these jeans a few months back in a size 30x32 and they fit flawless for "cheap" work pants. I recently ordered another pair since I'm really starting to wear the old ones out. The pair I ordered matched identically to the ones I had before and they fit more like a 32x34. As much as I didn't want to go along with the 1 star bandwagon, I feel it is highly necessary. Levi's are not true to fit and are made with extremely low craftsmanship. If I pulled something similar at my job I'd get fired. I swear the jeans seem like they are made by children in a factory raking in $0.15 an hour. Worst way to spend $40 is on Levi jeans.
on August 12, 2015
Levis, like most things, have changed. Since Levis has been historically reliable and our "go-to" jeans, we bought 3 new pairs. My partner does oil field work, so durable is appreciated. We last purchased Levis about a year ago, so we can compare "then" and "now". These jeans are definitely thinner than the other pairs we bought a year ago. Everything else looks the same. We're wondering if they are going to hold up, since other reviewers also noted that the jeans are thinner than previous editions. We bought these on Amazon after looking at the same product in the local department store which had them for $10 more. Products seem identical in every way, fabric thinner on both versions. Seems like we're going to have to find a new and different brand. End of an era, I'm afraid.
on March 31, 2016
I thought it was just me until I read the other one and two star reviews... but it's not just me. The cut of these 550 Levis is NOT the same as it used to be. It might say the same waist size on the tag as the pairs you've always worn. But it's not accurate. The two pairs I just bought on Amazon are WAY smaller in the waist than pairs of the "same" label size I've owned for years. I'm returning them to Amazon. And I'm reluctant to purchase Levis anymore. I've always been able to count on consistency from Levis, but now I can't count on that anymore.
on March 1, 2017
I know its risky buying clothes online and I have been exclusive with this size and style for some time but the pair I have on now are noticeably smaller in the waist than my others. I took the labels off so can't return them but will try to others I bought on before I take the tags off. I'm a little worried that after washing they won't fit at all.

That being said, the selection in the department stores is always hit and miss, I will do all of my jean buying here in the future and hope for better consistency.
on December 10, 2016
Got these five months ago, and crotch ripped not at seam but material is worn through. I ordered another pair, I hope I am not buying Knock off's or something. Just use for work and work a sales floor, so not rough on them, hardly get dirty at all. Seems like this should not have happened. Not happy, we will see what happens with the new pair and will update. Other than the rip they look like new, touch more faded but that is normal.

Update, just returned the second pair, Material is not good, ripped out just as last pair did on the second time worn. I think these are seconds or knock offs. Packaging looked right when they came but just can't be real Levi's.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 13, 2017
We have purchased and returned so many pairs of Levi's jeans. The fit is wildly inconsistent from pair to pair, even in the same size and style. If you find a pair of Levi's that fits perfectly, the next pair may not be the same. The fabric varies depending on the color you choose. Some of the denims are strong and durable. Others are very thin, and shrink so much in the dryer, the jeans come out two sizes smaller. After years of struggling with Levi's inconsistency, we finally gave up and switched to Lee. Why did we wait so long? We just ordered four pairs of Lees and each pair fits the same!
on November 18, 2016
550's have a fundamental design problem with the belt loops that causes them to fail and rip out. On 505 jeans the loops are anchored to a reinforced seam but in the 550's they are stitched into thin fabric above the seam and every pair I have own they have ripped out of . If this were a car it would be a recall item . It is a design flaw that does not appear in 505 style or Wrangler jeans
I hate to say it but Levi's have become a really poor quality product. This belt loop fell off on the first washing. I've worn Levi's my whole life but have been disappointed by the last few pairs I have owned. I don't feel like they are well made anymore or a good value for the price . The integrity of the brand is gone.
review image review image
on May 13, 2017
I have heard in the past that jeans are a popular item for knock-off manufacturers, and so I believe I've been had. I have only worn them one day and they are so uncomfortable. They are suppose to be "relaxed fit" but fit like skinny jeans. My other pants this size fit comfortably, so it's not me! Also, the material is very thin. After reading other negative reviews, I can see that this material won't last very long, as I suspected. I'm going to go to a Levis outlet store and see if all of their quality is this bad. If they are not knock-offs, they must be factory seconds. These are nothing like other 550 relaxed fit Levis I've had, and I've been wearing them my whole life.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.