Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 4, 2012
I have to agree with many of the other low reviews, Levi's are just not the same anymore. I have been wearing them for over 25 years and never found a brand that could compare in quality, that was until the last 2 pairs I just bought. The material is about half as thick, the seams are cheaply sewn, the tag is poorly printed, and so on. A pair usually lasts me about a year or so until the holes are too large. I doubt these will last 3 months, much less two horses pulling them in half. So long Levi, for now.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
55 comments| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 31, 2016
I thought it was just me until I read the other one and two star reviews... but it's not just me. The cut of these 550 Levis is NOT the same as it used to be. It might say the same waist size on the tag as the pairs you've always worn. But it's not accurate. The two pairs I just bought on Amazon are WAY smaller in the waist than pairs of the "same" label size I've owned for years. I'm returning them to Amazon. And I'm reluctant to purchase Levis anymore. I've always been able to count on consistency from Levis, but now I can't count on that anymore.
on December 25, 2016
I did not buy my jeans from Amazon, but I need to tell everyone not to buy Levi's jeans! I've wore Levi's since I was a child and up until about 5-years ago as an adult, around 5-years ago they changed from 15 oz denim to 12 oz denim making their jeans crap! I have 2 pairs of Levi's styles 550 that I bought from JC Penny here in Utah, all within the last 2-years. Both of them the crotch has ripped out! At $45 for my size you would think that they would last longer than 1 - 2 years. I have 2 pairs of Carhartt jeans, $35, both 3 - 4 years old and they are still strong as the day I bought them. I have 3-pairs of Wrangler 5-Star Premium Denim that are 5+ years old and they are still in fantastic shape, I bought those at Wal-Mart for $24!!! Simply put, Levi's has turned to junk. Buy Carhartt jeans or Wrangler 5-star Premium Denim, you'll have a better fit and way longer lasting jeans.

Note: Carhartt jeans are 15 oz denim and Wrangler 5-star Premium Denim are 14.5 oz, both are great jeans!
on March 18, 2017
Poor quality--fabric is weak around the rear pockets and stitching fails. These are not the same Levi jeans we had in the 70s. Purchased mine in January, wore about 5 times and noticed holes forming around the top of the rear pockets. I don't even wear a wallet or keep a can of snuff back there. My ass is not overly large either. Poor quality fabric and the location of the failure makes them useless.
on February 10, 2013
I've been wearing primarily Levi jeans since 1980 give or take and have been very disappointed by the quality of the past several pairs of jeans I've bought. The loops tear out after the first wearing. After a month or two, tops, tears start appearing near the upper inside corners of the rear pockets, not at the seams. I can't afford $35+ pairs of jeans that are good for a month or less. Garbage. I've got to find another brand. LL Bean? Wrangler?

Note added 2013-02-11: LL Bean currently sells similar-looking jeans for the same as the lowest price Amazon offers. The quality cannot be worse than current-day Levi's. I'll update here if the situation warrants.

Note added 2013-08-24: The LL Bean jeans are fine, much better quality than Levi at about the same price. Levi's? Never again.

Note added 2017-07-24: Though still happy with Bean, I've found Wrangler to be comparable quality at a much lower price. Levi's? Never going back.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 1, 2009
There is a reason the Levis brand is synonymous with jeans. They are simply the best. Nothing else compares.

The moment you pickup these jeans, you can feel the sturdy construction and quality. These jeans are heavy. The material is strong and durable. These are some fly-by-night jeans that will rip if you sneeze. These are the real deal.

Putting them on reveals a loose fit. The jeans wrap around your waist but leave enough room for plenty of movement. The legs taper slight but will easily fit over a pair of construction or work boots. The seams and ends of the legs are double-stitched to prevent fraying and tears.

The pockets are deep and roomy. I can easily fit an ipod in one front pocket and a large set of keys (almost 40 keys) into the other. You could unload several rolls of quarters and still have room for your hand. The back pockets are just as roomy and can hold wallets, tools, flashlights (including a mag-light), and more.

Accept no substitutes. If you want the best, get these jeans. They won't let you down.
on February 4, 2016
Bought a new pair of 36x36 550's in Rinse color. Arrived, put them on, fit tighter than my 505's!
Had to ship the 550's back due to being too small, went ahead and ordered a pair of Wrangler Relaxed Fit fr Amazon, hoping the Wranglers are a bit more "relaxed" fit.
on November 15, 2015
I love these jeans. I've been wearing Levi's 550s for over 30 years now. Recently I've ordered three pair from Amazon. The zipper stopped staying up on two of them the first or second time I wore them. Maybe there was just a bad batch or something? Fortunately Amazon replaced them for me. I'm curious if anyone else who's purchased recently has had the same issue?
on December 22, 2015
I've worn Levi's 550 jeans for years at work. They've always been the same size, but for some reason, the latest pair I ordered came a full three inches longer than the others. It wasn't Amazon's fault. They were mislabeled by the manufacturer. What kills me is that a pair of Levi's comes with four--FOUR--sizing tags on it. Apparently, just because a pair of Levi's is labeled as a certain size doesn't mean that's what you're getting.
on January 4, 2017
These Levi's are either fake or mislabeled. They are 3 inches longer than store bought 550's and do not fit right. See the photo below after washing. The store bought pair is on the far left. The two new recently ordered 550's are on the right. We are returning them.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.