|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$39.95 - $69.50 & FREE Returns on some sizes and colors. Details|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Black:99% Cotton/1% Elastane.Navarro:98% Cotton/2% Elastane.Steely Blue:98% Cotton/2% Elastane.Wellington:100% Cotton.Andi:100% Cotton.Carry On:100% Cotton.Range:100% Cotton.Scooter Grey - discontinued:98% Cotton/2% Elastane.Sub-Zero:100% Cotton.Graphite - discontinued:100% Cotton.Lexicon - discontinued:78% Cotton/16% Polyester/4% ELAMUL/2% Elastane.Levine:98% Cotton/2% Elastane.Covered Up:78% Cotton/16% POLY/4% ELAMUL/2% Elastine.Blue collar - discontinued:100% Cotton.Chinchilla:100% Cotton.Danny - discontinued:99% Cotton/1% Elastane.Lookout:98% Cotton/2% Elastane.Cash:98% Cotton/2% Elastane.Blue Frost:100% Cotton.Tumbled Rigid:100% Cotton.Indigo Black:100% Cotton.Standardize:98% Cotton/2% Elastane.Indie Blue - discontinued:100% Cotton.Midnight Oil - discontinued:100% Cotton.Shaded Valley:93% Cotton/6% Polyester/1% Elastane.Tumbled Merlin:100% Cotton.
- Button^Zipper closure
- Machine Wash
- Stretch Midweight Denim
- Straight-leg jean with relaxed fit through the seat and thigh featuring signature arcuate stitching at back pockets
- Zip fly with button
- Leg opening: 18"
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The comfortable straight fit. The 559 Relaxed Straight Jeans sit below the waist and are loose in the hip and thigh with a straight leg.
More than 140 years after inventing the blue jean, one thing is clear: Levi’s clothes are loved by the people who wear them - from presidents to movie stars, farmers to fashion icons, entrepreneurs to the everyman. 'Live in Levi’s’ asserts with confidence and pride that Levi’s clothes are indeed for everybody who’s not just anybody.
- Product Dimensions: 350 x 6 x 450 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0018OT2PG
- Item model number: 559
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 13, 2003
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
From the Manufacturer
|Fits||510 Skinny||511 Slim||501 CT||514 Straight||517 Bootcut||550 Relaxed|
|511 Slim Line 8||508 Regular Tapered||559 Relaxed Straight||527 Slim Bootcut||559 Relaxed Straight|
|511 Slim Hybrid Trouser||541 Athletic||505 Regular||560 Comfort|
|513 Slim Straight||501 Original||569 Loose Straight|
|569 Loose Straight|
Top Customer Reviews
So... it was time to move on. And I've found a wonderful replacement in the Levi's 559. They have a straight leg, they're reasonably priced, and they look and feel great. They're a little tighter in the leg and butt than the Silvertab Baggy which is a good thing for me. When I sit down the back of the waist doesn't pooch out, which is also nice.
I have found that different colors will fit and feel very different. I recently ordered "Range (2765)" and "Indie Blue (4258)." Both Levi's 559's, and both 31x34. The Range variety were made in Lesotho. They're much looser in the waist and thighs and the denim fabric feels thicker. The Indie Blues were made in Vietnam. They're tighter in the waist and thighs and the material is thinner and stretchier.
I have had a hard time tracking the names of the colors versus the color code. That's frustrating when you want to look at what's in your closet and order the same thing. The jeans have the color code, but nowhere do they say the name of the color! When you go to order online, you get ONLY the name of the color and no color code. >:-( For some reason, Levi's has never posted this information online.
I called Levi's 800 number and got the current list of colors along with their corresponding codes. Please note that the 559's have existed in TWO different style codes.Read more ›
One pair is made in Mexico and has the thickest material, waist size and length are correct.
One pair is made in Cambodia and has the thinnest material, waist size is correct, length is a little longer that the other.
Last pair I purchased (less than a week ago) is made in Bangladesh. The material is somewhere between the Mexican and Cambodian products. The waist size is off by 2 inches!
Unfortunately, I did not see the need to try the jeans before removing the tags and washing. Now, I'm stuck with a pair of 36 jeans that are actually a size 34.
This is entirely unacceptable from any product, yet alone from Levi's. Especially when paying +$40 for a pair of jeans that are using less than $5.00 in material and labor. The high quality of Levi's jeans no longer exists... I grew up wearing Levi's. I remember getting them for about $12/pair at Mervyn's, and they were of great quality, lasting a kid an entire year. I've had 2 pairs of these jeans for 3 months now, and they are so thin, my pocket knife and cell phone have worn holes in the pocket already!
I guess that it is time to seriously consider an alternative to Levi's jeans. Any suggestions?
The denim is nice and thick; and these jeans are extremely durable. The excellent stitching--along with the cotton denim they use--helps make this possible. In fact, with proper care these jeans can last for years at a time without any fraying--even at the bottoms of the legs and at the five pockets. I also like the relaxed, very slightly oversized look on the sides of the straight legs.
One extra bonus is that Levi's makes these jeans in big and tall sizes for guys; big and tall sizes are harder to find so this makes these jeans a great product for larger guys out there.
Make sure you choose the right size and color for you if you're using the sizing chart along with the pricing and availability chart above on this webpage. In addition, although these jeans are essentially permanent press, I would wash these jeans with similar colors to avoid any color dye bleeding onto white garments in the wash or dryer cycle.
If you want a pair of jeans with some extra room in the seat and thigh areas but yet come with a straight leg, this is exactly what you're looking for. Indeed, these fine jeans by Levi's outscore jeans made by other manufacturers. They are remarkably comfortable and yet the fabric is strong to make these last!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Jeans are only a couple months old and holes developed at the upper corners of the rear pockets resulting in a tear on one side. Read morePublished 4 hours ago by Amazon Customer
None of these fit the same. Not even the ones that are labeled 100% cotton. They all vary not only from style but in size as well. It's ridiculous. Read morePublished 20 hours ago by JmG
I ordered two pairs - one lighter in color, but same style (559). This pair is very "stiff". Read morePublished 2 days ago by Lauretta K.
I've bought several 559 and they are great for the shorter person with bigger legs and shorter pant length. Read morePublished 4 days ago by d