Spring Deals Automotive HPC Magazine Deals New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 8, 2012
Purchased 3 pairs of these jeans (from Amazon) in the past 3 months, all being size 36 waist. Each jean is different, being that each pair is made in a different country. They are all the same color (Indie Blue).

One pair is made in Mexico and has the thickest material, waist size and length are correct.
One pair is made in Cambodia and has the thinnest material, waist size is correct, length is a little longer that the other.
Last pair I purchased (less than a week ago) is made in Bangladesh. The material is somewhere between the Mexican and Cambodian products. The waist size is off by 2 inches!

Unfortunately, I did not see the need to try the jeans before removing the tags and washing. Now, I'm stuck with a pair of 36 jeans that are actually a size 34.

This is entirely unacceptable from any product, yet alone from Levi's. Especially when paying +$40 for a pair of jeans that are using less than $5.00 in material and labor. The high quality of Levi's jeans no longer exists... I grew up wearing Levi's. I remember getting them for about $12/pair at Mervyn's, and they were of great quality, lasting a kid an entire year. I've had 2 pairs of these jeans for 3 months now, and they are so thin, my pocket knife and cell phone have worn holes in the pocket already!

I guess that it is time to seriously consider an alternative to Levi's jeans. Any suggestions?
2525 comments| 268 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 16, 2010
I wear a size 31 x 34. I have found that most companies that make jeans, make some assumptions about you based on your waist. Most jeans that fit me in the waist choke me in the crotch and thighs. For years, Levi's Silvertab Baggy jeans suited me well. They were comfortable and durable, but were a little too baggy. They also had a slightly tapered leg, a huge fashion faux pas.

So... it was time to move on. And I've found a wonderful replacement in the Levi's 559. They have a straight leg, they're reasonably priced, and they look and feel great. They're a little tighter in the leg and butt than the Silvertab Baggy which is a good thing for me. When I sit down the back of the waist doesn't pooch out, which is also nice.

I have found that different colors will fit and feel very different. I ordered "Range (2765)" and "Indie Blue (4258)." Both Levi's 559's, and both 31x34. The Range variety were made in Lesotho. They're much looser in the waist and thighs and the denim fabric feels thicker. The Indie Blues were made in Vietnam. They're tighter in the waist and thighs and the material is thinner and stretchier.

I have had a hard time tracking the names of the colors versus the color code. That's frustrating when you want to look at what's in your closet and order the same thing. The jeans have the color code, but nowhere do they say the name of the color! When you go to order online, you get ONLY the name of the color and no color code. >:-( For some reason, Levi's has never posted this information online.

I called Levi's 800 number and got the current list of colors along with their corresponding codes. Please note that the 559's have existed in TWO different style codes. I have been assured that they are both EXACTLY the same cut/style. Those style numbers are 00559 and 62223. Levi's calls the 62223 code "exclusive." It means that it is manufactured for exclusive sale by a particular retailer. Sometimes, it will be a color that isn't available elsewhere and in the cases I've seen, the 62223's feature a leather label on the back, while the 00559's have the traditional brown paper label. The last 62223's I found were sold at the Levi's flagship retail store in San Francisco's Union Square in 2010. As of March 2016, style code 62223 has a status of "discontinued."

It is worth noting that not all colors are sold in all sizes. So, if you can't find your size, try another color.

Available colors as of August, 2017:

00559 | 0421 Steelie Blue <-- Stretch Denim - 99% Cotton, 1% Elastane
00559 | 0487 Bebop <-- Stretch Denim - 99% Cotton, 1% Elastane
00559 | 0488 Leftover <-- Stretch Denim - 99% Cotton, 1% Elastane

Other Colors - Not manufactured as of August, 2017
These may still be available based on what's still in stock, but they currently are not manufactured as of my most recent call to Levi's on August 8, 2017. They may or may not be manufactured again based on sales, fashion trends, or they may only be available seasonally.

Style | Color
00559 | 0001 Cloud
00559 | 0002 Slick Dark
00559 | 0003 Rigid Scrubbed
00559 | 0004 Harbor
00559 | 0162 Placid
00559 | 0168 Bluejay
00559 | 0177 Vista
00559 | 0178 Medium Chipped (Used to be 0179)
00559 | 0179 Indigo Wash
00559 | 1274 Stray Cat
00559 | 1961 Dark Polish
00559 | 3966 Clean Light
00559 | 4257 Overhaul
00559 | 4258 Indie Blue (Sometimes called "New Indie Blue")
62223 | 0069 Phase Out
62223 | 0067 Low Tide
62223 | 0066 Indie Blue, AKA New Indie Blue
62223 | 0065 New Tumbled Rigid
62223 | 0178 Medium Chipped
62223 | 0177 Vista
review image
2525 comments| 534 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 22, 2018
I ordered these jeans in size 36 last week. They were just a bit too big, so I ordered the size 34 and received them today. I couldn't even get them past my waist. Never had that happen with a 34 before. As you can see from the pictures, they are over 4 inches smaller than the 36 (ruler says a little over 2 inches, which equates to over 4" on the circumference). Also, both pairs are substantially thinner than any Levi's I've ever owned before. Either these are Chinese knock-offs or the quality control at Levi's is failing miserably. Manufacturers have got to get a grip on these issues. It's becoming infuriating. Quality control does not have to suffer, regardless of price point.
on April 10, 2016
I have worn Levis in some form for as long as I can remember but these were different. After about 2 weeks, bothe side rear belt looks broke off on the bottom stitching area, this is product defect a should be returnable, but they aren't and I am not happy with this. I would just sew it back on but as you can see there is nothing there to sew it to, it just shredded the spot it connects.
review imagereview image
22 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 15, 2018
I have a long history with this cut of Levi's, and this particular pair, made in Cambodia, are just a bit slimmer than the last pair that came from Mexico. These are cheaply made pants without the characteristic orange stitching, sold under the Levi name and made out of lightweight denim. The fabric is obviously thinner and woven less densely than the Levi's I grew up with and have come to expect, and I fear that they will wear out quickly. I am glad that a worker in Cambodia has a job making clothing. That seems reasonable to me. I just wish that the "used-to-be" American company Levi Strauss would hold to their old standards, and when they contract out to the global market insist on fabrics that meet American standards. At the very least, this product should be described as "levi's" with a lower case "L" and being of lightweight, and not middleweight, material!
on May 16, 2017
I'm not sure what the deal is with the (lack of) quality on these. I usually associate Levi's brand with good quality jeans; it's certainly a famous brand. And at the price of 50 bucks a pair, I was hoping to get my money's worth. That is not really even any savings over the in-store prices, but I thought it would be more convenient than going to the store and searching through the piles for a right size. But what I received must be classified as a factory 2nd or 3rd that was likely rejected by the brick and mortar stores. The pockets and pant legs are slightly frayed, and these are not supposed to be one of those "distressed" style jeans. Not only that, but the zipper was somehow bent at a 90 degree angle. If these were cheap then maybe I could write off those defects as getting what you pay for. But these are top dollar jeans from a top brand, so it's not acceptable.
on January 22, 2018
I have had these jeans for 2 months with average amount wear, but out of the blue there's a hole in them. Well I was at work unfortunately so by the time I got home they ripped a huge hole.

The jean material is really thin compared to my other Levi's. Im thoroughly disappointed in these jeans, they fit great but tge durability sucks
on March 13, 2018
I use to be a loyal Levi's customer. I would buy the 559 jeans religiously. No more. I am completely disenfranchised with the Levi's product at this time. I've purchased these jeans from the Levi's website over the past two years. Washed them once a month to help reduce excessive wear from washing. Didn't help at all. I would get holes in the jeans in less then a year. I suggest you go with Wranglers relaxed fit straight leg premium denim jeans. Levi's has officially lost me as a customer. Never again.
on January 3, 2018
This is ridiculous I ordered a size 36wx30 and got this as shown in the picture... I need my money back please and thanks... All the orders I have made with Amazon have been a waste... I clearly did not order a 34w, the pants which was supposed to be jeans is too small.. Material is just soft cotton... I need my money back thank you
review image
on December 6, 2017
These Levi’s 559s are very comfortable. The denim is soft, waist fits as expected, and there is plenty of room in the crotch and thighs. My one complaint is with the length. The jeans claim to be 30” in length, but are clearly two inches longer than other pairs of Levi’s with the same length measurement. I’ve noticed a lot of recent ads for jeans and shoes have the jean legs cuffed. I am wondering if the fashion industry, as a whole, has just decided that all men will cuff their jeans for the next year or two. It’s not a huge inconvenience, but, I do feel as though it’s worth removing a star from the rating.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.