Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on April 10, 2016
I have worn Levis in some form for as long as I can remember but these were different. After about 2 weeks, bothe side rear belt looks broke off on the bottom stitching area, this is product defect a should be returnable, but they aren't and I am not happy with this. I would just sew it back on but as you can see there is nothing there to sew it to, it just shredded the spot it connects.
review imagereview image
on February 1, 2017
I bought 5 pairs of jeans in different colors but the same style (559 relaxed straight stretch) and the same size (36 x 36). Out of those 5 pairs, no 2 had the same measurements. The waist and inseam varied by as much as a couple inches in either direction. One pair fir perfectly, so I kept it. For the next 6 months, I wore that pair and a second pair of Levi's in a slightly different style that I bought in a store. After about 6 months, each pair catastrophically failed when the material (not the seam) got a huge rip near the crotch. I'm done with Levi's forever.
on January 15, 2018
I have a long history with this cut of Levi's, and this particular pair, made in Cambodia, are just a bit slimmer than the last pair that came from Mexico. These are cheaply made pants without the characteristic orange stitching, sold under the Levi name and made out of lightweight denim. The fabric is obviously thinner and woven less densely than the Levi's I grew up with and have come to expect, and I fear that they will wear out quickly. I am glad that a worker in Cambodia has a job making clothing. That seems reasonable to me. I just wish that the "used-to-be" American company Levi Strauss would hold to their old standards, and when they contract out to the global market insist on fabrics that meet American standards. At the very least, this product should be described as "levi's" with a lower case "L" and being of lightweight, and not middleweight, material!
on July 17, 2015
Although noticeably larger than expected for 569, requiring a reduction in waist size of 2 for proper fitment, these pants have exceeded expectations in three years of usage. I ordered some from Levi's website in late 2011 and ordered up a few more pairs last summer from Amazon and the difference in quality, durability, and fade is imperceptible when adjusted for age. These pants do, and always, run large in my experience regardless of where purchased. Despite the light-weight denim they are a trusted and favorite jean.

Color differences between the 4 year old and the year old pants is noticeable in direct sunlight which I expected since I wear once and rewash due to my industrial job. The 4 year old pairs look nicely aged and nowhere near depleted enough to relegate to working on the car only wear. I have washed only with tap cold water with an HE front loader and Tide Coldwater Free and have had great long term results.
on December 10, 2016
I also just assumed the model number will get me the exact same fit and fabric as the 559 I already had. It didn't, or at least not for one of two pairs I bought recently. For me, general sizes were accurate, but I had no idea some color choices change the fabric. The online color choices themselves bugged me too (I just wanted whatever standard "blue" I had before, but the old tag doesn't tell you what option you're wearing, and it's difficult figuring out several blue colors online that all look the same to me).

Anyway, the "Range" (dark grayish color) fit fine, but "Steely Blue" had a whole other fit and feel. Finally figured out the Steely Blue fabric included Elastine, which makes the waste and other parts stretch in ways the Range (100% cotton) color does not.

So, now I know... get 100% Cotton to reduce potential fit issues. Figuring out which blue is blue... well that's a whole other issue.
on April 27, 2017
4 Stars. Shipping was prompt, pants were well constructed, nicely packaged and in new condition. Buying pants off the internet can be tricky for fit. And so it goes. I recently purchased a pair of 559 denims from a brick and mortar store in the same size as I ordered here. They fit great. Not too loose, not too tight and a comfortable relaxed straight leg construction. I wanted a comfy summer khaki colored jean to offset the blue jeans and cargo shorts, so I thought I'd knock it out of the park with these. For reference, if these are denim, they are a particularly light weight/thin denim (which is fine, they are meant for summer wear so lighter isnt bad imo), yet not quite the sort of classic chinos twill pant light weight. Most notably however, they run tighter than the jeans i bought 20 days ago in the store. Maybe they are supposed to be more form fitting, but if the site model is an indicator these are too tight (not even room for speculation). I've sent them back anticipating ordering a waist size larger. Hope this helps.
on April 9, 2015
The 559 is nice and roomy through the thighs, which, despite having what I would call pretty standard-bordering-on-skinny-ish thighs, is something I find a problem with with some other Levi's styles. These are definitely "relaxed fit", very casual, so be sure that's what you want. I don't want to focus too much on the specifics of the style, because I think that depends mostly on trying on the jeans and checking out yourself in a mirror. So, I'm going to write about what I find helpful - does the wash of the jeans look like the picture? and what does the fabric feel like? (because if you've looked at Levi's before you know the denim ranges from pretty thin to very chunky). So, the wash in the picture is not exactly representative of what I received - the two pairs I got aren't as dark as the dark areas in the picture and the light areas aren't as light. So, overall, a little less contrast and a little lighter blue than the picture. They come off a little more Dad-ish than I had hoped, but not overly so (plus, I'm a Dad, so I guess the shoe fits). The denim is definitely one of the thinner variations I've seen on the 559. Personally, I prefer the thinner denim for the added flexibility/comfort, but, in my experience at least, the thinner denim wears out a bit quicker. Overall, I think this is a nice wash, but I would have preferred something with slightly more contrast and the fabric suits my preference.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 7, 2017
My favorite jeans. Have a few pairs purchased years ago and recently ordered several more pairs based on those. BUT... Levis has cut the depth of the front pockets by more than half. The are so shallow i can't put my iphone in them or even get my hands all the way in. Some pinhead at Levis probably figured the could save money by reducing the material used. Bad move Levis. Fire that clown and send me some proper jeans. Would have returned but didnt discover this until I had already removed the tags and washed them.
on March 23, 2016
What happened to the 559s? Now they are SKIN TIGHT. I used to always buy this fit. Did they change factories? I bought 2 pair. Carry On and Wellington. Both are COMPLETELY different. The carry ons (made in mexico) are way darker than pictured are are thick as cardboard. They fit extremely tight and are an inch longer than ordered. Also, there are visible tag holes on the rear of the jeans. The Wellingtons (made in bangledesh) are EXTEMELY thin. I mean like Hanes undershirt thin. The length is about 3 inches longer than ordered. It seems that the pants are also sewn crooked as the leg seam angles instead of going straight down. Sad day in jeans land. My favorite fit just tanked.
on January 15, 2018
If you have a fairly small waist, large bottom and thighs... these will work. However... just like many jeans... the waist is quite large compared to the rest of the hip measurement. I kept mine anyway, because I needed a variety of different styles. However... the jeans bunch a bit around the waist when you have a belt on.

Seriously... what models do they use for developing jeans? They must all have no butt or a huge gut. Zac jeans by Silver are the best fitting jean for someone with my build. Check those out as well.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.