Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 3,449 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,689 reviews
on June 12, 2015
I love 559 models. Bought couple of them at Maci's before. Now ordered more on Amazon, as the old ones got worn out.

This time I ordered three pairs of 559s (see the picture, first three ones).

- Range model is great and size fitted well, as expected. The color is also very cool, not as dark as on the screen.
- Sub-Zero model, also awesome. Fits well in size and color is exactly as on the screen.

NOTE! - Graphite model runs small. If you order Graphite, I would suggest to got a size bigger in waist, length is still good.

Obviously, these jeans are produced at different factories around the world and although, the same company, sizes vary. Be mindful when ordering.
review image
on April 2, 2014
so i like my levis 559's very much. i order a few pairs a year. this last batch, CRAP. They immediately felt VERY thin, not the heavy and durable thick denim we expect from them. They felt like el cheepo mall jeans. i have had them for a few months now, and havent done anything with them other then wear them at work, (sales) and out to the bars, just normal everyday stuff! back of the crotch and butt, are BLOWING out. not ripping, they are literally separating into a thin sheet of cotton that at an given moment, show the WORLD more than i would like lol.

SO LEVI'S........... GET IT TOGETHER! Last time i checked throwing your fabric a bump up to increase quality, will increase customer satisfaction, which will increase using the customer as your marketing campaign, which will drive your sales up, which will increase your margins TD, and create the customer base you want....... people like me who automatically think LEVI'S are the BEST! and next time around you will just have happy customers that want to spend with you for life!
on January 5, 2017
I've worn a 34x30 for almost 20 years. I know what I wear in Levi jeans. When I got these they were really saggy and I couldn't understand why. The tag says 34x30 and my other jeans fit just fine, but these were falling off me. When I looked closer at the inside tag, the one that is on the right hip and always seems to want to poke out, I noticed they said 36x30.
From this I gather that these jeans are factory seconds at the very least. Whoever QCed the final product saw that the inside tag did not match the outside tag and sent them to the "sell cheap" pile. Somewhere is some guy walking around in 36s thinking he is really put on some serious pounds recently. Be careful when you buy these. They are not QCed Levi Jeans.
on February 3, 2014
Even though these jeans are the same brand and model as those I bought in a department store (which rhymes with Lacy's), the material is much, much thinner despite having the same price. The jeans from the department store were much thicker and heavier (so they'll last much longer) than Amazon's, and are much more durable. I bought six pairs from Amazon and am disappointed in the inferior quality. I feel like I got ripped off. Levi's should not sell the same model but with different quality to different retailers. That is deceptive to consumers. Alternately, Amazon and Levi's should publish the material weight so consumers know what they're buying. I will not buy Levi's again from Amazon.
on March 5, 2017
Don't know if these are authentic Levi's jeans but I surely bought it thinking they were. I had the exact same model, size, and color that I bought a year ago that ripped. Since I like it so much, I decided to buy me a new one and got them on the expected date, as usual, but then, when I tried them on, what a bummer; the pants were NOT the same size (36W x 32L, if that matter), even though it said so on the label. Either these are not authentic Levi's jeans or the quality is no longer on the list of things the company cares for. Perhaps a third option is that Amazon is selling parts that did not meet the Levi's Quality Check (if they still have such a thing), but then they are kind of overpriced, aren't they?
on July 17, 2015
Although noticeably larger than expected for 569, requiring a reduction in waist size of 2 for proper fitment, these pants have exceeded expectations in three years of usage. I ordered some from Levi's website in late 2011 and ordered up a few more pairs last summer from Amazon and the difference in quality, durability, and fade is imperceptible when adjusted for age. These pants do, and always, run large in my experience regardless of where purchased. Despite the light-weight denim they are a trusted and favorite jean.

Color differences between the 4 year old and the year old pants is noticeable in direct sunlight which I expected since I wear once and rewash due to my industrial job. The 4 year old pairs look nicely aged and nowhere near depleted enough to relegate to working on the car only wear. I have washed only with tap cold water with an HE front loader and Tide Coldwater Free and have had great long term results.
on December 18, 2016
Update 4/2017
Recently ordered two additional pair at 32x34; one in Range the other Chinchilla. The Range are true to size and match the previous pair. The Chinchilla are 1-1/4" (yes, that one and one quarter inches) shorter than the range. They are just barely long enough to wear. The waist is comparable to the Range. We'll see what happens after I wash them. The fabric of the Chinchilla is very soft and somewhat stretchy.

Original Review 2016:
Ordered two pair in 33"W x 34L". One in Sub-Zero, the other in Range. The Sub-Zero seemed a little bigger than a typical 33". The Range was at least 1" bigger than the Sub-Zero, maybe 2" - definitely not a 33" waist. I sent the Range back for a 32" x 34" and those were much more true to size. I keep the Sub-Zero but now I wished I had swapped those out for 32" as well. Other than the size issue. they seem like genuine Levis and the price point was pretty good.
on February 1, 2017
I bought 5 pairs of jeans in different colors but the same style (559 relaxed straight stretch) and the same size (36 x 36). Out of those 5 pairs, no 2 had the same measurements. The waist and inseam varied by as much as a couple inches in either direction. One pair fir perfectly, so I kept it. For the next 6 months, I wore that pair and a second pair of Levi's in a slightly different style that I bought in a store. After about 6 months, each pair catastrophically failed when the material (not the seam) got a huge rip near the crotch. I'm done with Levi's forever.
on January 20, 2015
It really is hard to believe that Levi's, the world's most well known jeans brand, can't get consistent sizing in their factories. I can't believe this is not an issue in the company's executive meetings. Do they really think pushing out different sizes, depending on the country that it is made, will pay off in the long run? Not with me.

The 559 jean is one hell of a product, if you can actually figure out which factory produces your size and color. I've always worn a 36x34 size in 559 Levi's jeans made in Cambodia. I ordered two different colors of the same size from Amazon and fit among them was completely different. One was made in Mexico and the other in Lesotho. Both of them fit completely different. The latter didn't even button up when normally I would have room to spare.

If I were a clothing manufacturer, I'd call this a disaster and would diligently work towards fixing this so my global brand has consistent sizing, regardless of where and how you buy my product. Levi's, are you reading this?

I'm done buying Levi's online. I will only buy them at a physical store, if I manage to make my way in to one of them eventually.

Two stars because it is a really good product, if you can find the correct color/country combo.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2017
I have been exclusively wearing Levi's 559's for my denim for many years and I have always loved them. One thing that I didn't pay much attention too when ordering my most recent pair, is that it said "stretch" in the size. Stretchable jeans are new to me, but they are still comfortable. If you decide to go the stretch route, I suggest buying a size that is 1 size smaller than you typically wear, as these things are cut big.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.