Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on March 5, 2017
Don't know if these are authentic Levi's jeans but I surely bought it thinking they were. I had the exact same model, size, and color that I bought a year ago that ripped. Since I like it so much, I decided to buy me a new one and got them on the expected date, as usual, but then, when I tried them on, what a bummer; the pants were NOT the same size (36W x 32L, if that matter), even though it said so on the label. Either these are not authentic Levi's jeans or the quality is no longer on the list of things the company cares for. Perhaps a third option is that Amazon is selling parts that did not meet the Levi's Quality Check (if they still have such a thing), but then they are kind of overpriced, aren't they?
on April 10, 2016
I have worn Levis in some form for as long as I can remember but these were different. After about 2 weeks, bothe side rear belt looks broke off on the bottom stitching area, this is product defect a should be returnable, but they aren't and I am not happy with this. I would just sew it back on but as you can see there is nothing there to sew it to, it just shredded the spot it connects.
review imagereview image
22 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 1, 2017
I bought 5 pairs of jeans in different colors but the same style (559 relaxed straight stretch) and the same size (36 x 36). Out of those 5 pairs, no 2 had the same measurements. The waist and inseam varied by as much as a couple inches in either direction. One pair fir perfectly, so I kept it. For the next 6 months, I wore that pair and a second pair of Levi's in a slightly different style that I bought in a store. After about 6 months, each pair catastrophically failed when the material (not the seam) got a huge rip near the crotch. I'm done with Levi's forever.
on January 15, 2018
I have a long history with this cut of Levi's, and this particular pair, made in Cambodia, are just a bit slimmer than the last pair that came from Mexico. These are cheaply made pants without the characteristic orange stitching, sold under the Levi name and made out of lightweight denim. The fabric is obviously thinner and woven less densely than the Levi's I grew up with and have come to expect, and I fear that they will wear out quickly. I am glad that a worker in Cambodia has a job making clothing. That seems reasonable to me. I just wish that the "used-to-be" American company Levi Strauss would hold to their old standards, and when they contract out to the global market insist on fabrics that meet American standards. At the very least, this product should be described as "levi's" with a lower case "L" and being of lightweight, and not middleweight, material!
on April 2, 2014
so i like my levis 559's very much. i order a few pairs a year. this last batch, CRAP. They immediately felt VERY thin, not the heavy and durable thick denim we expect from them. They felt like el cheepo mall jeans. i have had them for a few months now, and havent done anything with them other then wear them at work, (sales) and out to the bars, just normal everyday stuff! back of the crotch and butt, are BLOWING out. not ripping, they are literally separating into a thin sheet of cotton that at an given moment, show the WORLD more than i would like lol.

SO LEVI'S........... GET IT TOGETHER! Last time i checked throwing your fabric a bump up to increase quality, will increase customer satisfaction, which will increase using the customer as your marketing campaign, which will drive your sales up, which will increase your margins TD, and create the customer base you want....... people like me who automatically think LEVI'S are the BEST! and next time around you will just have happy customers that want to spend with you for life!
on March 17, 2016
I am flat out pissed at Levi's at this point. The SEVENTH pair of Levi's 559 jeans ordered from Amazon. Different colors, but even worse, DIFFERENT COUNTRIES OF ORIGIN. My goodness, the only pair that fit me half decently were the pair from Pakistan. They at least had a decent fit, look like relaxed straight leg jeans, and have a material very similar to denim. The rest... god the rest... the rest are just pure trash. A pair from Mexico that claim to be size 38 but fit like size 34's with super tight thighs and bell bottom like ends. A pair from Egypt that have an almost fake feel to the denim and an over sized waist with very tight calve sections. A pair from Vietnam that just don't fit at all due to a really weird 'poof' feel to the back side. I'm so fed up with this. What happened to this company? What happened to Levis making denim jeans for the everyday man and woman? Is your manufacturing process so scattered that you can't even pull together the same materials?? Or roughly the same measurements? I mean come on, how does a size 44 equal a size 38 but a size 38 equals a size 42? Bah hum bug is right, Levis should be ashamed that they are even offering jeans for sale online with this type of quality and manufacturing differences.
on November 7, 2015
I am wearing a pair of 559's that I bought a few years ago, it says 36x30 right on the outside leather label. They fit fine, so I went ahead and ordered a similar style and sized (different color) pair of jeans. They are too tight, and not just by a little, so I'm exchanging them. I can accept I've put on weight, but whatever my current waist size, a pair that fits should be the same fit as the same style similarly sized. Two stars.

Update #1: the 38 x 30's waist fits exactly same as the older 36 x 30, so I am keeping them. As usual Amazon was great with the free return and quick replacement exchange. The leg inseam length is running a bit longer (as opposed to the waist running smaller), but no need for a return, that can be taken in at the dry cleaners. If it matters, new pair made in Lesotho, older paid said made in Cambodia. Three stars.

Update #2: ordered a 2nd pair of 559 (a 3rd color, made in Egypt this time). They fit perfectly at my higher waist size, and aren't too long like the 2nd pair. Material is stretchier. I guess we just need to keep in mind that they call a lot of different jeans "559's" and plan to try a few. Up to four stars. Only wrote this 2nd review as an update to the first one because Amazon made me.
on March 3, 2017
I have been exclusively wearing Levi's 559's for my denim for many years and I have always loved them. One thing that I didn't pay much attention too when ordering my most recent pair, is that it said "stretch" in the size. Stretchable jeans are new to me, but they are still comfortable. If you decide to go the stretch route, I suggest buying a size that is 1 size smaller than you typically wear, as these things are cut big.
on May 6, 2017
I think the 559s are a mixed bag and a bit of a crapshoot on fit.

These are dress jeans. They are thin. They aren't going to be very durable. You really need to choose an interesting color or these pants really make no sense at all considering durable jeans are the same price. I chose "andi" as I liked the dark colored thread with silver buttons.

They are comfortable. Mine fit a bit baggy around the hips but the waistline feels right. I'm 6'0"/160 and I went with 32w-34l, If they made a 32w-33l, it would fit perfect.

I like mine but I know I can't wear them all the time. These are not workhorse jeans. They are pretty jeans. If they outlive my expectations, I may try other colors. I'm on the fence for now.

If you want great jeans just get 501s or 505s. That's the gold standard.
on April 27, 2017
4 Stars. Shipping was prompt, pants were well constructed, nicely packaged and in new condition. Buying pants off the internet can be tricky for fit. And so it goes. I recently purchased a pair of 559 denims from a brick and mortar store in the same size as I ordered here. They fit great. Not too loose, not too tight and a comfortable relaxed straight leg construction. I wanted a comfy summer khaki colored jean to offset the blue jeans and cargo shorts, so I thought I'd knock it out of the park with these. For reference, if these are denim, they are a particularly light weight/thin denim (which is fine, they are meant for summer wear so lighter isnt bad imo), yet not quite the sort of classic chinos twill pant light weight. Most notably however, they run tighter than the jeans i bought 20 days ago in the store. Maybe they are supposed to be more form fitting, but if the site model is an indicator these are too tight (not even room for speculation). I've sent them back anticipating ordering a waist size larger. Hope this helps.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.