Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Russell Dickerson PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 3, 2017
I have been exclusively wearing Levi's 559's for my denim for many years and I have always loved them. One thing that I didn't pay much attention too when ordering my most recent pair, is that it said "stretch" in the size. Stretchable jeans are new to me, but they are still comfortable. If you decide to go the stretch route, I suggest buying a size that is 1 size smaller than you typically wear, as these things are cut big.
on April 27, 2017
4 Stars. Shipping was prompt, pants were well constructed, nicely packaged and in new condition. Buying pants off the internet can be tricky for fit. And so it goes. I recently purchased a pair of 559 denims from a brick and mortar store in the same size as I ordered here. They fit great. Not too loose, not too tight and a comfortable relaxed straight leg construction. I wanted a comfy summer khaki colored jean to offset the blue jeans and cargo shorts, so I thought I'd knock it out of the park with these. For reference, if these are denim, they are a particularly light weight/thin denim (which is fine, they are meant for summer wear so lighter isnt bad imo), yet not quite the sort of classic chinos twill pant light weight. Most notably however, they run tighter than the jeans i bought 20 days ago in the store. Maybe they are supposed to be more form fitting, but if the site model is an indicator these are too tight (not even room for speculation). I've sent them back anticipating ordering a waist size larger. Hope this helps.
on July 17, 2017
My husband bought these jeans in store a few years ago and he finally has worn them out. He wore them ALL the time, saying they are his most comfortable fitting jeans. The loops finally started to come loose and he wore out the edges on the pockets so I bought these exact same ones online (for less than I remember it being in store).

He still loves them and asked me to get a few different colors as well. He is 5'10, wears a 38x32 and likes the "baggier" fit, which I found is what Levi's refers to as relaxed. They are wider around the thigh and calf but not too much over the shoe where he would walk on them or cause wear on the seam. The pockets are nice and deep for his iPhone 6s plus to fit in easily.
on October 21, 2017
Spandex...ugh. So there is some man-made spandex like material in these pants - something like only 3-5% but enough to make this feel weird compared to the 100% cotton previous versions of the 559. Kinda ticks me off as this was my go to Levi's model and now that stupid spandex feel is across all their jean models practically. Feels like you're wearing Mom pants. I may need to find another brand after decades of being a dedicated Levi's wearer..they keep messing with what works and going the wrong way with cheaper feel and wear.
on October 18, 2016
I don't know what Levis is doing, but I echo other's comments that the fit of pants purchased several years ago is no guarantee that the current version of the same pant will fit today. My 2-year old 559 pants fit perfectly. This latest version is not even close. Length is shorter, rise is shorter, and waist is smaller. Buy in a store where they can be tried on.
on August 7, 2017
Amazing to see another set of products the Amazon is cornering the market. These jeans were about $15 more at two other stores and when I showed them the pricing from Amazon the stores said these wouldn't be legit jeans and tried to convince me that they had the only legit ones.

These jeans and color are amazing. I love the way the can be worn as business casual and can be worn as casual outside business. I wear these with a sports coat as well. Amazing!
on January 12, 2017
I'm very disappointed. The the thread used for the stitching inside the waist band is so prickly that it chafes my skin at the waistband raw after wearing for an hour or so. The material is way too thin for this price point and not at all like traditional Levi's. Not even as heavy as other Levi's I have that have made in Sri Lanka or Mexico. The tag says they are made in Vietnam. A first and last for me.
on January 20, 2015
It really is hard to believe that Levi's, the world's most well known jeans brand, can't get consistent sizing in their factories. I can't believe this is not an issue in the company's executive meetings. Do they really think pushing out different sizes, depending on the country that it is made, will pay off in the long run? Not with me.

The 559 jean is one hell of a product, if you can actually figure out which factory produces your size and color. I've always worn a 36x34 size in 559 Levi's jeans made in Cambodia. I ordered two different colors of the same size from Amazon and fit among them was completely different. One was made in Mexico and the other in Lesotho. Both of them fit completely different. The latter didn't even button up when normally I would have room to spare.

If I were a clothing manufacturer, I'd call this a disaster and would diligently work towards fixing this so my global brand has consistent sizing, regardless of where and how you buy my product. Levi's, are you reading this?

I'm done buying Levi's online. I will only buy them at a physical store, if I manage to make my way in to one of them eventually.

Two stars because it is a really good product, if you can find the correct color/country combo.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2017
These do have a little bit of stretch to them, and I wasn't sure if I would like that or if it would make the fabric feel weak or odd. The denim is thick and strong, probably more sturdy than the 100% cotton denim Levi's. Those are REALLY hit or miss when you order online. I ordered two pairs of 505's along with this pair, each a different wash/color, and one feels very thin while the other feels the way I think a good pair of Levi's should feel. I'm going to order the stretch denim from now on.
on April 21, 2017
I bought these pants because I wanted a light colored pair of jeans. The fabric weight is fine but my biggest problem with these jeans is the cut. Even though they're marked as relaxed fit, they seem surprisingly tight in the legs - and I'm not exactly a heavily built guy. I ordered my regular size and it's not as if the pants were designed for a smaller person - the waist is fine and the length is fine. It just seems like a slimmer cut than what I'd expect from relaxed straight cut jeans. Thank heavens they are stretchy otherwise they'd be uncomfortable.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.