Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Levi's Men's Big & Tall 501 Original-Fit Jean
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on December 21, 2012
I have been wearing 501's since I was a kid and these are quite inferior to the 501's I purchased several years ago. I have 5 pairs of these new 501's all less than two years old. Every one has split in the crotch area after about 6-8 months. I used to get 4-5 years out of a pair and usually they only wore through in the knees. As other reviewers have stated, they seem cut shorter in the waist so that I have to pull them up every time I stand up. Also, the denim seems of much lighter weight material to which I attribute the splitting in the crotch area. 501's used to be made in the USA with very heavy weight denim but these are sewn in Honduras and feel like cheap copies of real Levis. Used to love the fit and wear of 501's but guess I am going to have to try and find a new brand of jeans. Makes me sad as these used to be a great American-made product.
on January 20, 2013
I bought these jeans for my husband. He's happy with these jeans. They were $20 less than what I would have had to pay at a big & tall store. They fit the way a classic pair of Levi's should fit.
on December 29, 2015
You made my dad a very happy man he has looked everywhere for years to find a pair of pants that fit him correctly he is 6'5 and all his pants are short on him he said he has went to big and tall stores and he said you have to be both big and tall to fit into anything in that store and he is only tall and he only wears these style of jeans though they are a little long on him it's much better then it being short I got the only 2 pairs you offered In The 32x38 I hope you guys offer more in this size eventually because I'd like to get him more!!!!
on September 24, 2015
Disappointing. I bought a few and all fit well when I tried them on. The problem I had with the jeans came up as I washed them before I used them. I have some kind of OCD thing when it comes to folding my jeans. I have to line up the bottom hems up first before I fold them. I noticed that Levi decided to shorten the bottom hem so no matter what I do they curl upwards. They went from appoxamatly 1/4 inch to less then 1/8 of an inch. The other thing I dislike is the number of tags they added to inside of the jeans. I'm a big guy and wear my jeans around the gut not under. The tags some how work them selfs up and out the top. That's not a biggy and is easily handled with some sissors. I noticed that stitching has gone down in quality from my older jeans. I put a 5 or so year old jeans on top of the new ones and saw the one ones just don't feel as durable as the old ones. I loved Levi's until I got these. The price has gone up while the quality has gone down. I think I will be switching over to wranglers because they cheaper and fit better. I have a few wranglers and they are double stitched in places where Levi's are only single stitched.
on August 1, 2014
Levi 501 button-fly jeans are THE classic jeans. They're not too baggy, nor too skinny. Levi uses great denim, and the construction is good quality. These are clearly "firsts" as there are no defects. The dark stonewash is the right amount of broken-in without being already worn-out.
Amazon carries a full range of sizes, including the 34 waist with 38 inseam my husband wears, so they have been our go-to for his Levis since 2010. The price is usually $10 or $20 below retail, sometimes even more.
One complaint, though, is the number of tags. It seems like a horrible waste of paper and ink, especially when one considers the quantity of 501s sold in a year.
photo: tags and sticker removed from one pair
review image
on July 25, 2016
While the patch over the pocket is no longer leather, and there does appear to be some minor changes in thread, stitching and the denim itself (American denim will always be the best), they still have the same old Levi button down front jean fit (considering of course I don't wear the same size as 40 years ago.)

As a guy who knows them as dungarees before jeans, its nice to see that there are a few products striving to be like there were in the old days (which for me would be going to camp in the late 60s, where Levi and Wrangler were standard issue.)
on January 30, 2016
These Levi's 501 are not the shrink-to-fit jeans I wore years ago...they're actually better because they fit "right out of the box" and because they're pre shrunk/washed they're very comfortable. I had to learn this the hard way because I never knew Levi's 501's came any other way but shrink-to-fit...I purchased another pair for the same price from a different vendor 3 inches wider in the waist, soaked them in hot water for an hour and hung them up to dry. The money I saved, and then some, I ended up spending having them altered to fit me. I will say that the material is still heavyweight like I expected, just a little softer and comfortable to wear.
on May 10, 2016
Who doesn't love 501's? Like many men as we age, my waistline has expanded and none of my "veteran" 501's had a comfortable fit anymore. The size on the ones I ordered from Amazon was perfect and the jeans are just like I remember them from decades past.
on August 20, 2013
I've been wearing 501 for most of my adult life. They are my go to jean. One of the things I like about them is size consistency and the fact that they haven't messed with the formula. I always get what I expect.

BTW, I wrote this because Amazon was nagging me to review these jeans.
on November 18, 2015
Bought these for my husband. He bought a pair at an expensive big and tall shop and really liked them but not the price. They are a little more form fitting so if your not sure, go a size up.
We found them here in amazon at a good price and they arrived quickly