Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on August 3, 2015
When wearing the black side out, the brown "leather" on the inside gets damaged by the buckle...........
review image
22 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon November 8, 2014
I have belts from Levi Strauss that are ten years old. These belts were solid leather with construction so rugged, you could use them as cargo straps in an aerial lift. They also looked good and wore very well. This belt is not in that category and is more in line with the loss of quality I have experienced over the years with Docker's products in general.

This belt is constructed with what I term light construction. It is not solid leather and not heavy at all (I compared to Levi's belts I have had for 10 years). There is a thin leather covering over the belt. I suspect the material under the leather covering is similar to other belts that I have had that fray. The belt is sized just a little small compared to others I have tried. The buckle is constructed very well however and the fact it is reversible makes it suitable for travel.

Under normal use, I predict this belt will last about 18 months, just like my other recent Levi purchase. Seriously dissapointed in the degradation of the brand over the years.
on October 13, 2016
This belt lists itself as 100% leather, but that's simply not true. Normal wear of the belt damages the inside and reveals that the leather is simply a thin coating. The belt isn't solid leather. I didn't do anything unusual with the belt either to severely damage the inside (making this very quickly a not-reversible belt).
The belt also stretches until it's not usable. I'm a big guy and after awhile, the belt is useless in helping to hold up my pants. I'd not recommend this at all.
on May 25, 2017
I bought my belt about 3 months ago. Up to that point it was OK, it did it's job no complaints. The buckle just broke on me today. The solder where the outside connects just sprung. I know I put a bit of pressure on it I pulled the belt tight. I didn't put that much pressure on it, just enough to keep my pants up and the buckle broke. 3 months isn't long enough for anything other than 1 star.
on January 24, 2016
Great belt. No complaint with looks, construction, etc.. I was surprised to find the belt was much larger than expected. I added two holes and it was still too big. One day I noticed the belt is stamped "50". I ordered a "46". I still had the package and plastic tag that came on the belt. It said "46". So, I guess the sizes run correctly. I just got a mislabeled belt.
I would love a 46 and might order one when I'm a little less annoyed. It's a shame I put holes in it before I figured out the problem...
This would probably be 5-stars if the size had been correct.
on November 4, 2015
I have’t had this belt long enough (only a few days) to give a decent review, but it seems just fine. The buckle is held on by 2 little screws. I think I would have preferred a belt like those with the leather looped and sewn around the buckle. Many years ago I had a belt with two screws that eventually broke through the leather. I was able to trim the broken part away and then put the screw further back. You need a very tine screwdriver (like those used on glasses) to do that. This is a wider, heavier belt and is much stronger. At first I worried that it would fit through the p[ant loops, but my worry was unfounded.
on August 14, 2017
This is my sixth belt from Amazon
2 spell so badly of mold you can't stand to in the room, one 8 inches smaller than advertised, one so JUST fits and is so soft it just stretched out the holes, one was great nut the staining was irregular to the point of no drain for 6 inches every 6 inches
This is a proper belt. Sized as advertised, well made, sewn to support sides and thick enough to hold up...
on March 1, 2018
Had to rate this one just 3-Stars. I don't know if Levi changed their source for manufacturing...but this belt broke down and started shedding the leather on one side in just 8 months. Still, have had great wear out of the older versions...maybe an isolated quality issue.
on August 25, 2016
Took a couple of months at most and one of the screws fell out that holds the belt into the buckle. I was able to find the screw and attempted to re-attach it but found that the threads were stripped. Would not recommend this item.

Update: Its been a total of just less then 3 months and the buckle has completely broken off from the belt. This belt is a complete waste of money and should be avoided at all costs.
on December 9, 2016
I ordered this for my husband when his belt broke. It is very nice quality, and durable. I like it is reversible. He has been using it for a while now and still has no issues with it. I will order again when needed. Until then just gonna keep using this fabulous product everyday!