Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 696 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 728 reviews
on June 8, 2013
This is a great pair of shorts. They're soft, yet durable. There are inner pockets within the front pockets to prevent keys from scratching small items. The right side cargo pocket also has an inner pocket that seems to be made just for my iPhone. I like that there are metal buttons rather than velcro or snaps.
on April 8, 2014
I am 6' 225 lbs and usually wear a size 36 or 38 depending on the cut. I tried both sizes in these shorts and returned them. The 36 fit in the waist but the seat was so tight I couldn't squat. The 38 was loose in the waist but the seat was still snug and binding in the crotch. I suppose if I had a flat bottom or wore them low enough to show my underwear they might have worked but I'm an adult. These shorts are more regular fit than relaxed fit.
on July 13, 2014
These size 31w Levis Ace Twill Cargo shorts (in the black and grey camo)are great.

I'm getting on in years and find it necessary to carry more accoutrements on my person. You know, hearing aid case, glasses case, medication bottles etc. Along with the usual pocket baggage, wallet, keys, nail clippers comb, handkerchief, coin holder etc., etc., etc. ad nauseam. . . The wife of 40 years suggested a "man bag", (whatever the hell That is !?).

Anyway, they fit as expected, are comfortable, wash up nicely and look good. I would recommend them, not only for their comfort, but also their utility. You'd be amazed to find the amount of items you can tote along with you. (If they are utilized to their utmost, I suggest a good inch and a half wide, by an eighth of an inch thick belt - holds the weight nicely.)

I found their utility so appealing that after some searching, I located a full length version for those cooler, mosquito infested evenings at the lake.

The only thing that really bugs me is the fact that, for some reason (monetary?), all Levi's pant products I've purchased in the past, have always been found to have had seven (7) belt loops. SEVEN. The necessity for this specific amount is obvious and paramount for the proper fit, when used with a belt, while being utilized by the male species of Homo Sapiens. Any lesser amount shows improper design, (or redesign, in this case).

We all know the original design of the Levi Strauss product was, in this reviewer's personal opinion, without peer. I can and will shake my head, utter tsk-tsk, and sadly proclaim to the present day corporate executives, "For shame, for want of .002¢, you have ruined the brilliant design of your founder. Sadly I must reiterate, for shame"

It is for that reason alone I have given these shorts a four star review.

Other than that, I'd say the britches are pretty cool.
on June 1, 2014
As with anything that is brand new, they look and feel great. However, as some time has passed (and some washes have occurred), these shorts are proving to not stand the test of time. After my first purchase of these shorts, I ended up getting 3 other pairs so now i have the brown, grey, blue and black.

I am not one who would iron my shorts so maybe that is the problem. Many of the seams and folds in the shorts start looking pretty sloppy, pretty quick. These shorts have a good number of seams and folds so overall. this does start to become quite noticeable.

Further, the color starts to fade pretty quickly too. This color fading is especially noticeable with the darker colors. Do know, we use color safe detergent so in theory this should not happen.

In the end, I feel like I got my moneys worth for these shorts. I do wish they were made differently so that I would have them to wear for a long time.
on May 23, 2016
This is either my second or third pair of this style of shorts. They have been nothing but comfortable and sturdy.

Pros:
Plenty of pockets
All the pockets are large and spacious
No little "mini pockets" inside the front pockets

Cons:
I don't make enough money to buy a couple more pairs (the price is reasonable, but I am putting a daughter through college right now,).
on November 20, 2016
I have 7 or eight pair of these same Levi's already and bought this because they are being discontinued. They changed something in the production and they do not fit as well-just a tad too small. They shrank a little after being washed
on June 4, 2016
These cargo shorts fit well and are as described. They look very nice when worn, and are attractive to wear on casual outings. They are well sewn and put together and the zipper works very well.
on September 2, 2013
Hmmm! Well, I would not recommend these shorts to anyone, although they do fit fine and the length, to me, is just right. The problem is, and the reason why I only gave them a 3 star rating, is because the FRONT pockets (each one) have an extra pocket inside the pocket. Even before I bought them, I read other (many) reviews stating their dissatisfaction due to these pockets in pockets, but I just thought it was a petty complaint. That was then... But Now?? I fully agree with the total aggravation these pesky pockets cause. Now, if said pockets were NOT the type of pocket you can pull up and out to, say, clean out the lint so-to-speak, and were "stationary," MAYBE it could work out, but that is not the case. If I were shopping again, I would stay away from the LEVIS brand. Too bad, I had always liked Levis brand. And if you don't read the reviews, you'd NEVER know about this issue until you actually put them on and stick your hands in the front pockets. These pockets-in-pockets are NOT disclosed in the garment description, online. I almost gave the garment a 2 star, but am giving Levis a break. I HAVE PULLED UP THE FRONT POCKETS AND USED A PAIR OF SCISSORS AND CUT THE INNER POCKETS OUT OF THE POCKETS....HAD TO...WAS DRIVING ME NUTS!!! I do hope this descriptive reviews helps someone out there with their decision. It's really more of a warning (a heads-up) than anything else.
on July 27, 2015
These shorts are not the same as pictured. First difference is the pockets. The shorts have the front pockets starting about halfway between the sides and the front zipper.

The second, and more serious difference, is in the fit. The fit around the crotch is extraordinarily tight. In essence, your balls *WILL* be highly compressed against your thighs. And that is highly uncomfortable in hot weather.

And lastly, the fabric is extremely thick. Not quite a denim, but very close in weight.

To sum these shorts up... you will sweat heavily wearing these *AND* you'll be trying to adjust yourself, hoping to get some freedom. Which is not a recipe for a good time.
on February 22, 2015
My son liked the shorts, it's "cargo look" is not on overdrive, just enough of the cargo "look." However, the only problem was that after reading some of the reviews indicating it was long enough especially by a 6'3" guy, my son was disappointed it fell right above his knees, and compared to that guy my son is only 6'1". So I don't know what he meant that he has long legs and it was long enough falling right on his knees. My son's looking for shorts that would "cover" his knees. Still, he liked the look enough to keep it. I highly recommend these shorts (good quality) if you're not too worried about your knees like my son is, hopefully, "for now." : )

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.