Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 294 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 306 reviews
on June 1, 2014
I usually wear Carhardt's but thought I would try Levis as I used to love them. I drifted away from Levis when cell phones became a constant companion and needed a place to carry one. I saw the carpenter style Levis and hoped they would work.

I ordered the 36X36 as that is what I usually wear in my other pants. They were huge on the waist. I kept them and wore a belt. They were so comfortable I ordered a second pair 34X36. They were still too large.

These are not very durable, Both pants have ripped a belt loop and one ripped a corner of the back pocket in the first week. Last week I was helping a guy move a larger propane tank and something snagged a pair on the leg and ripped the leg open revealing almost my whole right leg. The pants are done. We searched the tank and all we can find is peeling paint. The paint chip seemed to have ripped open the pants. So a one star for pants that only last a month or two.
on January 30, 2015
Levis has been degrading all their products over the last 20 years. I have wore Levis 501 shrink to fit for over 54 years and have found during the past 20 years they have reduced the quality by: denim quality, smaller back pocket size, smaller depth in front pockets, narrower pant width. So it is no surprise to see them cheapen their carpenter pants. As stated in many reviews; size, fabric quality, craftsmanship are not what Levis represented in the past as these are $15 jeans not the $50 they are sold for!
Another USA company taking short cuts, maybe they should review the auto industry in the USA and see where poor quality gets you, bailed out! They will not be that lucky if they continue this type of poor quality product.
on March 20, 2015
We had to replace my husbands BIG MAC carpenter pants because he wore them completely out but we ran into problems when we tried to find a replacement pair that would hold his cell phone in the leg pocket. We tried several name brands but their leg pocket wouldn't hold his iPhone so we decided to give Levi's a try and they were perfect. He loves the loose fit of them, they are lighter weight fabric unlike the heavy denim of normal Levi's & the fact that they will hold his phone. I have bought him 5 pairs all together. Highly recommend these pants.
on April 26, 2014
They do run a bit large. I normally wear a 33, but based on the other reviews I chose a 32. Which, turned out to be perfect. Fits comfortable with plenty of bending room.

04/03/15 Update:
Since my original review I have purchased three pairs of the Levi's 569 Carpenter Jeans in different colors. The back two, side belt loops on each pair have broken free at the bottom stitching forcing me to remove them completely. Once they break free, it leaves two holes that continually grow bigger. This appears to be happening because they are sewn into nothing but smooth denim. No seam or reinforcement of any kind to hold the stitches. To me, this is a serious design flaw that is a major annoyance, and definitely lessens my opinion of this jean.

06/30/15 Final Update:
At first, I really liked these jeans and posted a glowing review. Since then, the issues continue to mount. The jeans are good if you are just wearing them for style. However, if you work in them, expect about a year of service. Between the breaking belt loops, random holes that appear for no good reason at key stitching points, and the terrible Levi's customer service, I will not be purchasing these again. I've never had a pair of Levi's do this type of stuff much less multiple pairs? Way overpriced at $40 plus.
on June 16, 2015
Levis has hit bottom. The quality is so bad I am done with them. This carpenter jean was worn twice and lost a belt loop. The material on the jean itself tore away so no repair is possible. I have worn this style for years and they seem to get thinner each time I buy them. Levi also cant make 2 pairs the same size. I bought 2 and each fit differently in length and at the waist. Same style pant mind you and each is completely different. I tried to return the bad pair but I was outside the return window so I contacted Levi. They want me to pay to package, ship and wait until the decide if it is in fact a legitimate warranty claim to receive another replacement.
on July 26, 2015
There is a lot to like about these jeans - the fit is great, and the pockets are handy. Great places for pens, small tools, cellphones, etc.

Unfortunately, these are the shoddiest junk I have ever owned. I bought several pairs, and they all fell apart on me. The belt loops are not stitched on properly, and trying to hang the pants up or tug them will tear the loop right off, leaving a big hole and ruining the pants. The trim on the back pockets is stitched loosely, and was pulled out during normal use.

I expected better from name-brand jeans. I'm avoiding Levi's from here on out.
on October 7, 2015
These jeans were the worst pair of jeans I've ever put on. They were about 3 sizes too big at the waist and the legs fit like skinny jeans. The rear is cut long on top. (I'm guessing to help prevent plumber's crack). These definitely are getting sent back.

In short, these pants should be ordered a size smaller than you usually order and only if you have no rear end and really skinny legs
on February 26, 2015
I used to have their carpenter jeans from few years ago, and while the new carpenter fit about as well as the old one, legs do feel tiny bit slimmer than the old pair. Other than that, it looks & feels very similar to my old favorite pair, which I totally wore out. I tried bunch other carpenter jeans from other brands, nothing came close to the Levis.

Edit: Dropping this one from 5-stars to 1. My pair is not even a year old. It got hole by the rear pocket few months ago, I had it repaired. Earlier in the week, I noticed that another hole appeared, this time by the other rear pocket. Two days ago, one of the belt loops came loose. Not ripped, just came loose on its own. I have never owned a pair of jeans with such a low quality.

I still love the pair so much, I'm going to pay to get it patched up again. Since the jeans was discontinued AGAIN, I got no choice.
on November 26, 2013
These are not like the old carpenter jeans. They are the new 569 that have the same features as a carpenter jeans. The 569 are more like skinny jeans. I'm not a big guy and they are way to tight around my legs. The wore the old 569 for 15+ years with no problems. But somebody at Levi's had a brilliant idea " instead of creating a new jean style with a new number, let's mess with a prefectly good one". I guess that's why they make the big bucks.
55 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2014
I once had a couple pairs of the originals and absolutely loved them. These are very close, but there is a difference. The pockets on the legs are not the same. The left pocket is deeper and the width has been reduced. The right side pockets have been deepened, but I can't really tell if the width has changed. One of the reasons I loved the originals is because I could fit my cigarettes in one side and my phone in the other. I have a 4s and the left pocket isn't wide enough for it. That's the only reason I give them a four instead of a five star rating. Otherwise, they are everything I expected (so far).

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.