Hill Climb Racing 2 BCA Month Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 12, 2015
All of the 527 jeans sold on this page are not the same! Some washes are 100% cotton and some are so-called STRETCH 527's. Some are quite heavy and thick and some are very thin. After ordering 7 pairs in 6 washes this is what I've found:

'Tumbled Rigid' and 'Overhaul' are 100% cotton and are heavyweight denim. On both pairs I ordered a 32" inseam and they were longer than that, fitting like a 34" inseam. The Levi's website indicates that 'Indigo Black' is also 100% cotton and heavyweight denim.

'Highway,' 'And' (or 'Andi'), and 'Medium Chipped' are 100% cotton and midweight denim. The inseam seemed to actually be the 32" that I ordered. The denim is quite thin even though it is called midweight on the Levi's website. They are nice washes but are easy to cut, snag, and tear. I semi-ruined a pair the first time I wore them.

'Covered Up' is NOT 100% cotton -- it has quite a lot of polyester / elastane in it and actually says "STRETCH 527 slim bootcut" on the sticker. I am sending it back. According to the Levi's website some of these other washes are also stretch denim, such as 'Wave Allusions'.

Also, these are made all over the globe. Some say Vietnam, some say Egypt, some say Cambodia. I ordered two pairs of 'Highway' several weeks apart, and the first was made in Egypt while the second was made in Vietnam. So much for consistency!
11 comment| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2016
Great work jeans... also i ordered the same pair from the levis website, because some people were saying these ones were fake.... they were the same jeans, just with a longer shipping time from levis.... the zippers and everything were the same. NOT FAKE
on May 20, 2017
I normally don't give five stars but so far I do love these pants. I am 6 foot tall and 200 pounds I have narrow hips and no butt and these pants fit me perfectly. Size 34 W 32 L. No sags but not too tight. They fit me as though they love me. The bootcut is a proper bootcut and not a bell bottom so they work well with boots or sneakers. These are not thick jeans and may not hold up long on a construction site but for everyday wear I think they will do nicely. I have the () and they are not 100% cotton but I like that they have just enough stretch to make moving comfortable. First time I put then on they became my favorite pair of pants. I will be buying more.
Levi's Men's 527 Slim Bootcut Jean, Covered Up, 34Wx32L
on March 26, 2017
I say "Somewhat Large" only for the Inseam, I got my Usual Levis 32" Inseam and they are about 3" Longer than Either my 517's and 527's that I have and I always get the 32" inseam. I realize they will shrink some when washed but am unsure about Shrinking 3" or close to that much. I think I am going to send them back and Exchange them for same waist size, 29", x 30" for inseam for these 527's and see if those are better. I found out some time ago that 517's fit best with 32" waist and 527's with the 29" waist. Plus for me the 527's fit more Comfortably since the 32" waist on 517's would always slide down off my wide hips at my waist so I was always pulling up my jeans every time I stood up from sitting, kneeling or squatting. That Never Happens with the 527's due to the Low Rise sitting Below my hips.

Also, The 32" inseam in these being so long were still that way while wearing my cowboy boots, I checked, since I always wear cowboy boots. It caused the bottom of the legs to bunch up too much on top of my foot of the boots and in back at heel of boot.
I sure love the 527's Much Better than 517's for the fit in the waist, well just below the waist, so I hope the exchange to 30" Inseam will be just what I need.
I hope to report back and say if the shorter inseam is just what these needed for me.
on August 29, 2017
Nice fit everywhere. I tried a different size on this pair of jeans than I normally do and it worked out fine. Because these are Low-Rise and Slim-Fit (while I am NOT a slim guy), I ordered the waist a size bigger than usual and kept the inseam the same. Because they ride under the belly area, they stay where they belong instead of riding down during the day. Inseam ended up just right too - for wearing boots - but if you're planning on pairing them exclusively with street shoes they could be long, order a size shorter.
review image
on November 8, 2016
I like Levis low rise jeans because the waist fits me properly without having a massive wad of cloth between my thighs due to sagging, but the inseam on these jeans are way too long meaning I have to hem them. I can do a crappy job on my own or pay to have it done. I'll pay.

I don't think this is a matter of mis-labeling because I also bought a pair of Levi's Men's 514 Straight Jean, 38Wx30L that are also long. I also run into the same length issues with Levis in stores. So really, these $40 jeans are closer to $50 all said and done.

Men's low rise jeans are surprisingly hard to find, so I'll keep them, but I'm less than pleased.
on May 21, 2017
I am a large man and wasn't sure these would work for me. They do. They are exactly as described. Fit is right on. They are cut as expected. They are lighter weight than other jeans I have had and I like that a lot. They look good. They fit me well. They didn't shrink when I washed them. The color is as described. I have ordered these twice now because I like these jeans.
on June 23, 2015
You find the quality you expect from Levi's in these pants. I think denim in general is a little lighter in weight than it was some years ago, and these jeans are no exception; however, they are still good quality. I think that Levi's may have changed their sizing parameters slightly by comparison to perhaps 5 years ago, because the legs in these jeans are the same dimensions as a pair of 517s from about then. These jeans look good on my husband, are true to size, and I'll be buying more pairs.
on May 31, 2017
These jeans are perfect. They are a slimmer fit, but nowhere near a skinny jean. Nice boot cut & no bagging in the rear or thighs. Perfect for us more mature guys who want to look nice, but not get attention by the jeans we wear
on December 31, 2016
Great fit. Cheap, thin material.

I've bought a couple pairs of these and also a couple pairs of 505's, in various colors. Even though the descriptions on Amazon do not mention that they are made of different denim, they clearly are. The 505's (regular fit) are heavy and solid. No holes after years of use. The 527's (slim fit) look much better on me, but are MUCH thinner, fragile denim. I'm no denim expert, but they feel about 1/2 as thick. All pairs of these that I've bought have worn out, developing holes in the knees and ankles after maybe 6-9 months.

Shame on you for not making it clear that these are a different material.

Unfortunately it seems I have to choose between perfectly fitting, great looking jeans that are fragile and wear out quickly, or regular fit jeans that look a little baggy on me but offer good protection and last for years. Why can't I get slim fit in real denim? Huh? Any reason for that? Would gladly pay a little extra if they made those.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.