Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on September 12, 2015
All of the 527 jeans sold on this page are not the same! Some washes are 100% cotton and some are so-called STRETCH 527's. Some are quite heavy and thick and some are very thin. After ordering 7 pairs in 6 washes this is what I've found:

'Tumbled Rigid' and 'Overhaul' are 100% cotton and are heavyweight denim. On both pairs I ordered a 32" inseam and they were longer than that, fitting like a 34" inseam. The Levi's website indicates that 'Indigo Black' is also 100% cotton and heavyweight denim.

'Highway,' 'And' (or 'Andi'), and 'Medium Chipped' are 100% cotton and midweight denim. The inseam seemed to actually be the 32" that I ordered. The denim is quite thin even though it is called midweight on the Levi's website. They are nice washes but are easy to cut, snag, and tear. I semi-ruined a pair the first time I wore them.

'Covered Up' is NOT 100% cotton -- it has quite a lot of polyester / elastane in it and actually says "STRETCH 527 slim bootcut" on the sticker. I am sending it back. According to the Levi's website some of these other washes are also stretch denim, such as 'Wave Allusions'.

Also, these are made all over the globe. Some say Vietnam, some say Egypt, some say Cambodia. I ordered two pairs of 'Highway' several weeks apart, and the first was made in Egypt while the second was made in Vietnam. So much for consistency!
11 comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 20, 2017
I have been purchased this jean once a year for the past two years. First year ordered couple different sizes and colors, found one I like and wore it for a year till it starts to tear. So second year ordered the EXACT same one that I had, came way to big, returned it, and order 3 more SAME one, and those had 1 too big, 1 too small, and 1 perfect. I kept the perfect one. Now the third year, this time I immediately order 5 of the SAME jeans, well.... 2 are perfect size, 3 too big.... but the color is completely different this year, I double checked the PC9 code on the tags, it's indeed the same wash/color code as last year's. I am not sure if I want to return all and restart my search again, or just keep one till next year.... it's annoying that every time I have to do this hit or miss game with Levi's....
review image
on January 10, 2016
These jeans are great on slimmer guys. We used these jeans for our groomsmen at our country wedding and they looked very classy. The slim cut made them fit nicely. No one had saggy butts or sloppy looking extra fabric. My dad even bought some as well. For anyone with a slim or even medium build, I would highly recommend these jeans. They do look clean cut, professional, and classy - even for jeans!
review image
on March 8, 2017
These fit and look fine, but the stretch material stretches way too much. Any jeans stretch after you wear them for a few days, but these stretch more than standard denim does. Day one, they're fitting snuggly/how they should fit. By day three they're baggy. Not like a little looser but like won't stay on without a belt. The fit/cut otherwise is good, I just wish you could get them with the non-stretch material.
on November 8, 2016
I like Levis low rise jeans because the waist fits me properly without having a massive wad of cloth between my thighs due to sagging, but the inseam on these jeans are way too long meaning I have to hem them. I can do a crappy job on my own or pay to have it done. I'll pay.

I don't think this is a matter of mis-labeling because I also bought a pair of Levi's Men's 514 Straight Jean, 38Wx30L that are also long. I also run into the same length issues with Levis in stores. So really, these $40 jeans are closer to $50 all said and done.

Men's low rise jeans are surprisingly hard to find, so I'll keep them, but I'm less than pleased.
on February 5, 2018
Oh, Levi's. Fit, fit, fit...will you ever get back to consistent sizing across the same style? (If you're a lifelong Levi's customer like me, I think you'll know what I mean.) I bought a pair of these 527s in the exact same size (30x32) as a favorite older pair, assuming they'd fit just right. These, however, while fine in length, are so roomy in the waist that after a half day of wear, I can literally slip them down my hips to my knees without unbuttoning or unzipping.

A caveat emptor here: These are "Stretch" jeans, and though I washed on hot and dried hot to get them to shrink up as much as possible, once they're on, they stretch and loosen considerably and quickly. They go on tight after that wash and dry, but they don't stay that way.

I'd recommend going down AT LEAST an inch in waist size from your normal if you're getting the Stretch fabric. Had I known this, I'd have bought a 29x32.

Other than that, I do love the vintage color and cut and of these jeans.
on January 25, 2016
This product looks very much like it's picture, maybe a little darker before first wash.

The fit of the waist was on point with my other Levi jeans, but the length was not. I wear a 36x32 and it usually has the right amount of break for me. I measured the Inseam after checking I purchased the right length (I was in a hurry and didn't try on for fitment before I removed tags and washed), the inseam measured 34''. This is way off from my other 527's. I'm going to give Amazon the benefit of the doubt because the size was labeled correctly on the tags, but I'm crediting Levi with again decline in Quality Control.

If you're reading this review just for an assessment of Levi as a whole, I'm still wearing Levi Jeans if that answers any questions. The quality is there for the price, but I would not consider them premium anymore. In the future I will double check size before washing...
review imagereview image
on November 1, 2017
I hadn't seen wais 33 with slim fit boot cut before, so I jumped at this chance. It fit my waist and legs perfectly. However SOMEbody LIED when then put a tag and label as inseam 30. I have sewing machines and I know how long an inseam is!!! These pants were NOT 30 inch inseam. They were at least 6 inches longer than that. So 33 waist and 30 inseam is really 33 waist and 36(+) inseam. Also, when I order from J.C. Penney's, I get to/have to, choose between several different version of denim - rigid, pre-washed, stone washed, etc. This one gave no choices, so I expected regular (clean) denim. It seemed like somebody had worn it for a week or more, then turned it in for sale. Kind of a slightly dirty denim. It was softer than the two types of denim I usually order, and intially more comfortable, but didn't look as good as what I usually buy.
on June 2, 2017
After 35 years of brand loyalty, I have purchased my last pair of Levis. This review is for two pairs of exchanged jeans due to the first set’s inferior quality. I have included photos to back my claims, as I am aghast at what the Levis brand has become. Manufactured in Pakistan, both pairs are garbage: thin cotton, inconsistent measurements, cheap stitching, and colorization issues are the highlights. In the pictures, I’ve laid one pair over the other, and both are the same brand, model, and color. One can easily see that the second pair under the first if a full size larger in the waist and inseam. Also, the stitching and color is vastly different. Again, these are the same jeans made in the same part of the world. It’s outrageous to keep sending bad product back to Levis only to receive even worse product in exchange. Levis is no longer a premium brand. If you desire quality jeans, you must certainly look somewhere else. I am convinced due to observing Levis’ downfall over the last decade that this brand has no desire to turn back the clock and once again offer their customers a decent product.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on October 9, 2017
Before starting off I will say that the Levi's 527 Slim Bootcut style is the only style I have worn for years and years as long as I can remember. I own four pairs already, two of which are at least four years old and they're my favorite jeans. That being said for the last couple months I have been trying to find a pair that fits like the jeans I own now. I have purchased different waist sizes and different lengths all to no avail. These 527s are not slim anymore. When I measured them compared to my current 527s that I own they are bigger in every way, even though they are the same style, same waist size, and same length. The legs are 2 and 1/4 inch wider in the legs all the way down. They seem more like the normal style Levi's I don't see how these are considered to be slim fit. Slim is supposed to be an in-between skinny and regular fit, to me these are pretty much a regular fit. Basically if you are new to this style you may like them but if you've been wearing them for years the style has now changed. Unfortunately. If someone could give me some insight as to where I can find the old style 527 slim bootcut stretch let me know.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.