Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on September 12, 2015
All of the 527 jeans sold on this page are not the same! Some washes are 100% cotton and some are so-called STRETCH 527's. Some are quite heavy and thick and some are very thin. After ordering 7 pairs in 6 washes this is what I've found:

'Tumbled Rigid' and 'Overhaul' are 100% cotton and are heavyweight denim. On both pairs I ordered a 32" inseam and they were longer than that, fitting like a 34" inseam. The Levi's website indicates that 'Indigo Black' is also 100% cotton and heavyweight denim.

'Highway,' 'And' (or 'Andi'), and 'Medium Chipped' are 100% cotton and midweight denim. The inseam seemed to actually be the 32" that I ordered. The denim is quite thin even though it is called midweight on the Levi's website. They are nice washes but are easy to cut, snag, and tear. I semi-ruined a pair the first time I wore them.

'Covered Up' is NOT 100% cotton -- it has quite a lot of polyester / elastane in it and actually says "STRETCH 527 slim bootcut" on the sticker. I am sending it back. According to the Levi's website some of these other washes are also stretch denim, such as 'Wave Allusions'.

Also, these are made all over the globe. Some say Vietnam, some say Egypt, some say Cambodia. I ordered two pairs of 'Highway' several weeks apart, and the first was made in Egypt while the second was made in Vietnam. So much for consistency!
11 comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 19, 2017
These are my favorite jeans in the world. If you are a fan of bootcut then you have realized that the style has gradually become baggier and baggier. I love my jeans tight in the waste and thigh and lose at the ankle to go around the boot, just like a bootcut should be. The reason I started buying online is the 527 style is no longer being produced. Or at least isnt being shipping to stores any more according to the Levi story near me.
on November 29, 2017
I've ordered the 527's before so sizing was not an issue. However, the difference in the type of fabric used for each "finish" could be explained a little better. The fabrics are different for the "medium chipped" and the "tumbled rigid" and I'll bet they are different for the other finishes as well. Possibly a table explaining the weight and feel of each fabric used for each individual finish would be helpful. I just lucked out with these- I'll order them again as they have the look I prefer (medium chipped").
on May 21, 2017
I am a large man and wasn't sure these would work for me. They do. They are exactly as described. Fit is right on. They are cut as expected. They are lighter weight than other jeans I have had and I like that a lot. They look good. They fit me well. They didn't shrink when I washed them. The color is as described. I have ordered these twice now because I like these jeans.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
You find the quality you expect from Levi's in these pants. I think denim in general is a little lighter in weight than it was some years ago, and these jeans are no exception; however, they are still good quality. I think that Levi's may have changed their sizing parameters slightly by comparison to perhaps 5 years ago, because the legs in these jeans are the same dimensions as a pair of 517s from about then. These jeans look good on my husband, are true to size, and I'll be buying more pairs.
on December 27, 2017
I have exact same pair that was purchased several months ago and it fit perfect. Unlike that one and the one before that this one falls to the hips and shows underwear 2 inches on all sides. I guess this would be trendy if I were 16 but... Maybe I need to wash it with scolding hot water and make it shrink some more. Otherwise these are great jeans. It seems there was a change in manufacturing or design.
on March 24, 2017
Very disposable and not built to last.

I have a stack of around 6 pairs with various holes forming not only in the knees where it is somewhat expected but also in the seat, thigh, etc. The material is thin and low quality.

I wear them because they are fairly cheap for for how good they look and since holes in jeans is acceptable so I still get a year out of them.

Expect to turn them into rags after two years.
on August 8, 2016
I love these jeans sometimes but they are so frustratingly inconsistent! Different colors are made from different materials (some 100% cotton, some 98% cotton, 2% elastane). I love the elastane ones as they aren't as baggy and thinner, I hate the 100% cotton ones as they're hotter and cut different so they don't fit the same in the crotch!

Why can't you guys tell us which colors correspond to which materials?
on May 8, 2016
Levi's 527 jeans are the best fit for tall, thin, athletic builds. These are the only jeans I buy anymore, because they are so consistent with the fit. The girlfriend always love the fit on me as well. Their 34" length is actually 34" long (I'm 6'3"). I've purchased so many pants that claim a 34" length, but are not. Since I started doing leg workouts, I have one pair that fits a bit tight around the thighs as my leg muscles increased, but all my other 527s (I've had about 6 pairs of various colors) fit great. They also last a long time, though my bike riding to work now has begun to wear out the butt a bit faster, but I'm still very happy with the durability. I'd say I get around 2-3 years with the pairs that I wear ALL the time (again, only because of the bike seat wear), and then 4-5 years with the pairs I wear slightly less often. After about 4-5 years, the colors begin to fade and the knees start ripping. But that doesn't stop me from wearing them to concerts or very informal occasions, as they still look cool.

I don't know what I will do if Levi's stops making this fit... Or if I get fat...
on October 6, 2016
The cut has changed drastically. These were literally the only cut and style number I wore for nearly ten years but they grew too difficult to find in stores after a while so I stated wearing something else. In a fit of nostalgia I ordered the exact same size and cut I used to wear and they are huuuuuge at the leg opening. Huge. They are freaking bell bottoms now. I will also note that I ordered a few pairs in the same size, etc, and each one fit differently at the waist. One I couldn't even button. So just be careful when you order these because the cut has changed significantly.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.