Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,721 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,843 reviews
on September 12, 2015
All of the 527 jeans sold on this page are not the same! Some washes are 100% cotton and some are so-called STRETCH 527's. Some are quite heavy and thick and some are very thin. After ordering 7 pairs in 6 washes this is what I've found:

'Tumbled Rigid' and 'Overhaul' are 100% cotton and are heavyweight denim. On both pairs I ordered a 32" inseam and they were longer than that, fitting like a 34" inseam. The Levi's website indicates that 'Indigo Black' is also 100% cotton and heavyweight denim.

'Highway,' 'And' (or 'Andi'), and 'Medium Chipped' are 100% cotton and midweight denim. The inseam seemed to actually be the 32" that I ordered. The denim is quite thin even though it is called midweight on the Levi's website. They are nice washes but are easy to cut, snag, and tear. I semi-ruined a pair the first time I wore them.

'Covered Up' is NOT 100% cotton -- it has quite a lot of polyester / elastane in it and actually says "STRETCH 527 slim bootcut" on the sticker. I am sending it back. According to the Levi's website some of these other washes are also stretch denim, such as 'Wave Allusions'.

Also, these are made all over the globe. Some say Vietnam, some say Egypt, some say Cambodia. I ordered two pairs of 'Highway' several weeks apart, and the first was made in Egypt while the second was made in Vietnam. So much for consistency!
on January 25, 2016
This product looks very much like it's picture, maybe a little darker before first wash.

The fit of the waist was on point with my other Levi jeans, but the length was not. I wear a 36x32 and it usually has the right amount of break for me. I measured the Inseam after checking I purchased the right length (I was in a hurry and didn't try on for fitment before I removed tags and washed), the inseam measured 34''. This is way off from my other 527's. I'm going to give Amazon the benefit of the doubt because the size was labeled correctly on the tags, but I'm crediting Levi with again decline in Quality Control.

If you're reading this review just for an assessment of Levi as a whole, I'm still wearing Levi Jeans if that answers any questions. The quality is there for the price, but I would not consider them premium anymore. In the future I will double check size before washing...
review image review image
on May 15, 2017
The last two pairs of Levi's I purchased were both significantly off in terms of the length ( inseam). After reading several reviews I was inclined to think it was a quality control issue but now I'm not certain. I purchased a pair of Indigo Black 527 34x32 jeans and when I tried them on, the inseam was too long. The waist was fine. (No, I have not shrunk two inches in height). I measured the inseam of the leg and came up with 34". Frustrated, I went to two different retailers that sell the Bootcut (not many anymore with all the skinny jeans out there). Every 527 with a 32 inch inseam was long by two inches. I've been wearing bootcut Levi's for a long time and this was never the case. If you like your pant leg under your heel when you walk, this will be fine. If you want the jeans to be the size they indicate on the label, then shorten your inseam 2 inches. I exchanged mine via Amazon for a 34x30 that are perfect. Thank you to Amazon for the excellent customer service.
on April 25, 2017
if you love your current 527s then beware when ordering these! seems the pattern and size is different for each color. i stocked up on some 31x32 527s a few years ago because they fit so great and now with them getting holes i went to get more. So naturally i order the exact same size as before. I bought multiple colors and found that not a single pair fit the same as before. The darker colors were incredibly smaller in size, the lighter ones fit the same in the lower legs as before but the waist got tighter and the back pocket area got bigger and droopier. Not sure what is going on here but if they bring back the old pattern i will buy more, I'm left soured and steering away from levis now sadly because of this. also there are some cheap things on these jeans, like the trademark back red levi patch on the back pocket is blank instead of reading "levis". The brass rivets are cheap quality and levis isn't stamped on them. So much wrong with these
on August 20, 2017
I have been purchased this jean once a year for the past two years. First year ordered couple different sizes and colors, found one I like and wore it for a year till it starts to tear. So second year ordered the EXACT same one that I had, came way to big, returned it, and order 3 more SAME one, and those had 1 too big, 1 too small, and 1 perfect. I kept the perfect one. Now the third year, this time I immediately order 5 of the SAME jeans, well.... 2 are perfect size, 3 too big.... but the color is completely different this year, I double checked the PC9 code on the tags, it's indeed the same wash/color code as last year's. I am not sure if I want to return all and restart my search again, or just keep one till next year.... it's annoying that every time I have to do this hit or miss game with Levi's....
review image
on May 20, 2017
I normally don't give five stars but so far I do love these pants. I am 6 foot tall and 200 pounds I have narrow hips and no butt and these pants fit me perfectly. Size 34 W 32 L. No sags but not too tight. They fit me as though they love me. The bootcut is a proper bootcut and not a bell bottom so they work well with boots or sneakers. These are not thick jeans and may not hold up long on a construction site but for everyday wear I think they will do nicely. I have the () and they are not 100% cotton but I like that they have just enough stretch to make moving comfortable. First time I put then on they became my favorite pair of pants. I will be buying more.
Levi's Men's 527 Slim Bootcut Jean, Covered Up, 34Wx32L
on March 26, 2017
I say "Somewhat Large" only for the Inseam, I got my Usual Levis 32" Inseam and they are about 3" Longer than Either my 517's and 527's that I have and I always get the 32" inseam. I realize they will shrink some when washed but am unsure about Shrinking 3" or close to that much. I think I am going to send them back and Exchange them for same waist size, 29", x 30" for inseam for these 527's and see if those are better. I found out some time ago that 517's fit best with 32" waist and 527's with the 29" waist. Plus for me the 527's fit more Comfortably since the 32" waist on 517's would always slide down off my wide hips at my waist so I was always pulling up my jeans every time I stood up from sitting, kneeling or squatting. That Never Happens with the 527's due to the Low Rise sitting Below my hips.

Also, The 32" inseam in these being so long were still that way while wearing my cowboy boots, I checked, since I always wear cowboy boots. It caused the bottom of the legs to bunch up too much on top of my foot of the boots and in back at heel of boot.
I sure love the 527's Much Better than 517's for the fit in the waist, well just below the waist, so I hope the exchange to 30" Inseam will be just what I need.
I hope to report back and say if the shorter inseam is just what these needed for me.
on September 1, 2016
Bought these for a wedding I was in. I'm a slim size 6'2"/160# so I ordered 30/34 and they fit well around the waist and thighs, but wide enough for the boot tops.
review image
on October 12, 2016
These are great jeans for the price. I got them in the blue barnacle color. I am 6 ft, 195lbs. I got the 34x34 to wear with cowboy boots. They are a tad long but I washed them in hot and dried hot and they seem to have shrunk a little bit to the right size. Full disclosure I just ordered some 33s to see how they fit in case I lose more weight. Overall though they are a cool look with boots. Thanks for reading.
on November 8, 2016
I like Levis low rise jeans because the waist fits me properly without having a massive wad of cloth between my thighs due to sagging, but the inseam on these jeans are way too long meaning I have to hem them. I can do a crappy job on my own or pay to have it done. I'll pay.

I don't think this is a matter of mis-labeling because I also bought a pair of Levi's Men's 514 Straight Jean, 38Wx30L that are also long. I also run into the same length issues with Levis in stores. So really, these $40 jeans are closer to $50 all said and done.

Men's low rise jeans are surprisingly hard to find, so I'll keep them, but I'm less than pleased.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.