Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 12, 2015
All of the 527 jeans sold on this page are not the same! Some washes are 100% cotton and some are so-called STRETCH 527's. Some are quite heavy and thick and some are very thin. After ordering 7 pairs in 6 washes this is what I've found:

'Tumbled Rigid' and 'Overhaul' are 100% cotton and are heavyweight denim. On both pairs I ordered a 32" inseam and they were longer than that, fitting like a 34" inseam. The Levi's website indicates that 'Indigo Black' is also 100% cotton and heavyweight denim.

'Highway,' 'And' (or 'Andi'), and 'Medium Chipped' are 100% cotton and midweight denim. The inseam seemed to actually be the 32" that I ordered. The denim is quite thin even though it is called midweight on the Levi's website. They are nice washes but are easy to cut, snag, and tear. I semi-ruined a pair the first time I wore them.

'Covered Up' is NOT 100% cotton -- it has quite a lot of polyester / elastane in it and actually says "STRETCH 527 slim bootcut" on the sticker. I am sending it back. According to the Levi's website some of these other washes are also stretch denim, such as 'Wave Allusions'.

Also, these are made all over the globe. Some say Vietnam, some say Egypt, some say Cambodia. I ordered two pairs of 'Highway' several weeks apart, and the first was made in Egypt while the second was made in Vietnam. So much for consistency!
11 comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 1, 2017
I hadn't seen wais 33 with slim fit boot cut before, so I jumped at this chance. It fit my waist and legs perfectly. However SOMEbody LIED when then put a tag and label as inseam 30. I have sewing machines and I know how long an inseam is!!! These pants were NOT 30 inch inseam. They were at least 6 inches longer than that. So 33 waist and 30 inseam is really 33 waist and 36(+) inseam. Also, when I order from J.C. Penney's, I get to/have to, choose between several different version of denim - rigid, pre-washed, stone washed, etc. This one gave no choices, so I expected regular (clean) denim. It seemed like somebody had worn it for a week or more, then turned it in for sale. Kind of a slightly dirty denim. It was softer than the two types of denim I usually order, and intially more comfortable, but didn't look as good as what I usually buy.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 20, 2017
I normally don't give five stars but so far I do love these pants. I am 6 foot tall and 200 pounds I have narrow hips and no butt and these pants fit me perfectly. Size 34 W 32 L. No sags but not too tight. They fit me as though they love me. The bootcut is a proper bootcut and not a bell bottom so they work well with boots or sneakers. These are not thick jeans and may not hold up long on a construction site but for everyday wear I think they will do nicely. I have the () and they are not 100% cotton but I like that they have just enough stretch to make moving comfortable. First time I put then on they became my favorite pair of pants. I will be buying more.
Levi's Men's 527 Slim Bootcut Jean, Covered Up, 34Wx32L
on March 26, 2017
I say "Somewhat Large" only for the Inseam, I got my Usual Levis 32" Inseam and they are about 3" Longer than Either my 517's and 527's that I have and I always get the 32" inseam. I realize they will shrink some when washed but am unsure about Shrinking 3" or close to that much. I think I am going to send them back and Exchange them for same waist size, 29", x 30" for inseam for these 527's and see if those are better. I found out some time ago that 517's fit best with 32" waist and 527's with the 29" waist. Plus for me the 527's fit more Comfortably since the 32" waist on 517's would always slide down off my wide hips at my waist so I was always pulling up my jeans every time I stood up from sitting, kneeling or squatting. That Never Happens with the 527's due to the Low Rise sitting Below my hips.

Also, The 32" inseam in these being so long were still that way while wearing my cowboy boots, I checked, since I always wear cowboy boots. It caused the bottom of the legs to bunch up too much on top of my foot of the boots and in back at heel of boot.
I sure love the 527's Much Better than 517's for the fit in the waist, well just below the waist, so I hope the exchange to 30" Inseam will be just what I need.
I hope to report back and say if the shorter inseam is just what these needed for me.
on April 11, 2017
These were a little to tight .. i remembered to put them on and wear so they would stretch so i could get them buttoned ... after the first time stretching them never had to do that again.
Great jeans and they were half priced so i ordered 3 pair and happy with all of them. Levis started in America and were the jeans the old cowboys used to wear.
I'm not young but not old and i like the fit and looks ...
on August 29, 2017
Nice fit everywhere. I tried a different size on this pair of jeans than I normally do and it worked out fine. Because these are Low-Rise and Slim-Fit (while I am NOT a slim guy), I ordered the waist a size bigger than usual and kept the inseam the same. Because they ride under the belly area, they stay where they belong instead of riding down during the day. Inseam ended up just right too - for wearing boots - but if you're planning on pairing them exclusively with street shoes they could be long, order a size shorter.
review image
on March 26, 2017
I've purchased lots of 527 Levi's from Amazon and these particular two pairs have deeper front pockets than any of my other 527 jeans. Also they were a stained greenish yellow color instead of what the picture showed. And they were tighter in the thigh than previously ordered jeans👎🏼
on November 8, 2016
I like Levis low rise jeans because the waist fits me properly without having a massive wad of cloth between my thighs due to sagging, but the inseam on these jeans are way too long meaning I have to hem them. I can do a crappy job on my own or pay to have it done. I'll pay.

I don't think this is a matter of mis-labeling because I also bought a pair of Levi's Men's 514 Straight Jean, 38Wx30L that are also long. I also run into the same length issues with Levis in stores. So really, these $40 jeans are closer to $50 all said and done.

Men's low rise jeans are surprisingly hard to find, so I'll keep them, but I'm less than pleased.
on November 29, 2017
I've ordered the 527's before so sizing was not an issue. However, the difference in the type of fabric used for each "finish" could be explained a little better. The fabrics are different for the "medium chipped" and the "tumbled rigid" and I'll bet they are different for the other finishes as well. Possibly a table explaining the weight and feel of each fabric used for each individual finish would be helpful. I just lucked out with these- I'll order them again as they have the look I prefer (medium chipped").
on May 21, 2017
I am a large man and wasn't sure these would work for me. They do. They are exactly as described. Fit is right on. They are cut as expected. They are lighter weight than other jeans I have had and I like that a lot. They look good. They fit me well. They didn't shrink when I washed them. The color is as described. I have ordered these twice now because I like these jeans.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.