Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 12, 2015
All of the 527 jeans sold on this page are not the same! Some washes are 100% cotton and some are so-called STRETCH 527's. Some are quite heavy and thick and some are very thin. After ordering 7 pairs in 6 washes this is what I've found:

'Tumbled Rigid' and 'Overhaul' are 100% cotton and are heavyweight denim. On both pairs I ordered a 32" inseam and they were longer than that, fitting like a 34" inseam. The Levi's website indicates that 'Indigo Black' is also 100% cotton and heavyweight denim.

'Highway,' 'And' (or 'Andi'), and 'Medium Chipped' are 100% cotton and midweight denim. The inseam seemed to actually be the 32" that I ordered. The denim is quite thin even though it is called midweight on the Levi's website. They are nice washes but are easy to cut, snag, and tear. I semi-ruined a pair the first time I wore them.

'Covered Up' is NOT 100% cotton -- it has quite a lot of polyester / elastane in it and actually says "STRETCH 527 slim bootcut" on the sticker. I am sending it back. According to the Levi's website some of these other washes are also stretch denim, such as 'Wave Allusions'.

Also, these are made all over the globe. Some say Vietnam, some say Egypt, some say Cambodia. I ordered two pairs of 'Highway' several weeks apart, and the first was made in Egypt while the second was made in Vietnam. So much for consistency!
11 comment| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2016
Great work jeans... also i ordered the same pair from the levis website, because some people were saying these ones were fake.... they were the same jeans, just with a longer shipping time from levis.... the zippers and everything were the same. NOT FAKE
on November 1, 2017
I hadn't seen wais 33 with slim fit boot cut before, so I jumped at this chance. It fit my waist and legs perfectly. However SOMEbody LIED when then put a tag and label as inseam 30. I have sewing machines and I know how long an inseam is!!! These pants were NOT 30 inch inseam. They were at least 6 inches longer than that. So 33 waist and 30 inseam is really 33 waist and 36(+) inseam. Also, when I order from J.C. Penney's, I get to/have to, choose between several different version of denim - rigid, pre-washed, stone washed, etc. This one gave no choices, so I expected regular (clean) denim. It seemed like somebody had worn it for a week or more, then turned it in for sale. Kind of a slightly dirty denim. It was softer than the two types of denim I usually order, and intially more comfortable, but didn't look as good as what I usually buy.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2017
These fit and look fine, but the stretch material stretches way too much. Any jeans stretch after you wear them for a few days, but these stretch more than standard denim does. Day one, they're fitting snuggly/how they should fit. By day three they're baggy. Not like a little looser but like won't stay on without a belt. The fit/cut otherwise is good, I just wish you could get them with the non-stretch material.
Enthusiast: Kids & Parentingon November 21, 2017
I've been wearing 527's for years now. I still have the first pair I ever bought, which is pushing 7-8 years easy, maybe longer. Like most Levi's, they're very durable and will withstand numerous trips through the washer and dryer. This really old pair I have has been washed hundreds of times. Still no holes or tears. No pre-faded jeans for me; I like to take care of that myself. Tumbled Rigid color will age nicely over time. The only problem I ever had with these is that the front pockets are a little shallow. That's the only thing preventing me from giving them a 5-star rating. Levi's 517 are also good. Thicker denim and bigger pockets but the style is a little different. Still bootcut, though.
on May 20, 2017
I normally don't give five stars but so far I do love these pants. I am 6 foot tall and 200 pounds I have narrow hips and no butt and these pants fit me perfectly. Size 34 W 32 L. No sags but not too tight. They fit me as though they love me. The bootcut is a proper bootcut and not a bell bottom so they work well with boots or sneakers. These are not thick jeans and may not hold up long on a construction site but for everyday wear I think they will do nicely. I have the () and they are not 100% cotton but I like that they have just enough stretch to make moving comfortable. First time I put then on they became my favorite pair of pants. I will be buying more.
Levi's Men's 527 Slim Bootcut Jean, Covered Up, 34Wx32L
on March 26, 2017
I say "Somewhat Large" only for the Inseam, I got my Usual Levis 32" Inseam and they are about 3" Longer than Either my 517's and 527's that I have and I always get the 32" inseam. I realize they will shrink some when washed but am unsure about Shrinking 3" or close to that much. I think I am going to send them back and Exchange them for same waist size, 29", x 30" for inseam for these 527's and see if those are better. I found out some time ago that 517's fit best with 32" waist and 527's with the 29" waist. Plus for me the 527's fit more Comfortably since the 32" waist on 517's would always slide down off my wide hips at my waist so I was always pulling up my jeans every time I stood up from sitting, kneeling or squatting. That Never Happens with the 527's due to the Low Rise sitting Below my hips.

Also, The 32" inseam in these being so long were still that way while wearing my cowboy boots, I checked, since I always wear cowboy boots. It caused the bottom of the legs to bunch up too much on top of my foot of the boots and in back at heel of boot.
I sure love the 527's Much Better than 517's for the fit in the waist, well just below the waist, so I hope the exchange to 30" Inseam will be just what I need.
I hope to report back and say if the shorter inseam is just what these needed for me.
on April 11, 2017
These were a little to tight .. i remembered to put them on and wear so they would stretch so i could get them buttoned ... after the first time stretching them never had to do that again.
Great jeans and they were half priced so i ordered 3 pair and happy with all of them. Levis started in America and were the jeans the old cowboys used to wear.
I'm not young but not old and i like the fit and looks ...
on August 29, 2017
Nice fit everywhere. I tried a different size on this pair of jeans than I normally do and it worked out fine. Because these are Low-Rise and Slim-Fit (while I am NOT a slim guy), I ordered the waist a size bigger than usual and kept the inseam the same. Because they ride under the belly area, they stay where they belong instead of riding down during the day. Inseam ended up just right too - for wearing boots - but if you're planning on pairing them exclusively with street shoes they could be long, order a size shorter.
review image
on March 26, 2017
I've purchased lots of 527 Levi's from Amazon and these particular two pairs have deeper front pockets than any of my other 527 jeans. Also they were a stained greenish yellow color instead of what the picture showed. And they were tighter in the thigh than previously ordered jeans👎🏼

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.