Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning movienight movienight movienight  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 2,529 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,648 reviews
on September 12, 2015
All of the 527 jeans sold on this page are not the same! Some washes are 100% cotton and some are so-called STRETCH 527's. Some are quite heavy and thick and some are very thin. After ordering 7 pairs in 6 washes this is what I've found:

'Tumbled Rigid' and 'Overhaul' are 100% cotton and are heavyweight denim. On both pairs I ordered a 32" inseam and they were longer than that, fitting like a 34" inseam. The Levi's website indicates that 'Indigo Black' is also 100% cotton and heavyweight denim.

'Highway,' 'And' (or 'Andi'), and 'Medium Chipped' are 100% cotton and midweight denim. The inseam seemed to actually be the 32" that I ordered. The denim is quite thin even though it is called midweight on the Levi's website. They are nice washes but are easy to cut, snag, and tear. I semi-ruined a pair the first time I wore them.

'Covered Up' is NOT 100% cotton -- it has quite a lot of polyester / elastane in it and actually says "STRETCH 527 slim bootcut" on the sticker. I am sending it back. According to the Levi's website some of these other washes are also stretch denim, such as 'Wave Allusions'.

Also, these are made all over the globe. Some say Vietnam, some say Egypt, some say Cambodia. I ordered two pairs of 'Highway' several weeks apart, and the first was made in Egypt while the second was made in Vietnam. So much for consistency!
on August 26, 2016
Bought my first pair of jeans online from here. Size was 32 X 30. The jeans fit great when I received them a little big from the waist as I am a size 31 for most pants size 31 fit perfect. I decided to go with 32 just to be safe. Love the pants so much I decided to buy more. This time size 31 X 30 which I though would fit perfectly. I was wrong. They fit Extra small and I could not understand why. unfortunately I bought two pairs and they were both way to small. Aside from being to small the material was way too thin than the normal thickness I know and love about Levi jeans. I thought ok maybe they just came from a different manufacturer and that was the reason why but I still felt cheated. I decided to buy another pair because I loved them that much and they were on Sale. As I was still a bit hesitant to make the purchase I decided this time to buy a 517 as I had read the description for the 527 that they were Slim fit and I through Ok maybe that is why they were too small. So there I went and purchased my 517 31 X 30 cuz you know I'm a size 31. Well I was wrong again. They were still Way to small. I quickly returned and them and decided to go back to the 527 because they are low cut and the 517 are not. There I go again with my purchase thinking ok I am done with the size 31 and will go with the original size 32 X 30 that I fell in love with the first time. Well let me tell you guys, I cannot be more disappointed. These jeans were even smaller than size 31 that I had bought before, they were also longer than a size 30. Incredible, how can they do this to me. I am loosing faith on a product that I love so much. As a troubleshooting technician that I am I had to find out why or what is the difference between these pants. My only conclusion I found is that they were all made in different parts of the world. See the Pictures. The first jeans were made in Cambodia, the second pair in Bangladesh, and the last pair in Haiti. This is my only conclusion on why these jeans are not the same sizes. I feel like I am playing the Russian roulette with these purchases, I will never know what I will receive.
review image review image
on December 7, 2016
Levi's 527 low-rise boot-cut jeans have been my favorite jeans for years now. The cut fits me well and I still haven't gotten used to the skinny jean trend. My philosophy about jeans is that, if you don't yet have a preferred brand and style, you need to go and try on many many different brands and styles to find the one that is best for you. Everybody is different and if you haven't found the jeans for you yet, then keep trying different ones. Mine are Levi 527s, I know I look good in them, they fit me well. If they don't fit you well, then these might not be 'your jeans'.

It's been harder to find these jeans in stores lately as the style, I believe, has fallen out of favor. The price on Amazon is reasonable but I found it hard to decipher the colors and I'm picky about that. I recently figured out that the colors that I like and already have have a code on the tags that I can use to cross-reference against the Amazon listing--this is the "manufacturer reference" in the product description on Amazon's site--for whatever reason that manufacturer reference appears to only show up in "features and details" in the Amazon App on my phone and not the website itself. This helped me to determine that the "Medium Chipped" style is the same color I used to buy from Macy's.

The Medium Chipped is made out of a thinner fabric than standard Levi's 501 but I like that. It gives them a bit of give (or stretch) but I wouldn't say they are actually "stretchy" just made out of thinner jean material. They are great in the summer, when thick jeans would seem less appealing to wear.

The only down side to these jeans for me is that I tend to wear a hole through them in the same place within a similar amount of time/use. I'm not sure if this has to do with me or the jeans but it has been consistent.

Being someone who has bought more than a few pairs of Levi 527s from several retailers. These met my expectations and fit as expected.
on November 12, 2015
I have worn Levi's 527's for over 15 years. However, Levi's quality control lacks, control over quality. Material is thinner than previous 527 jeans I have purchased. The right leg seam passed over the top of my right knee. The left leg "seamed" fine. (pun intended). Amazon did a beautiful job sending a replacement pair in timely fashion. While the second pair was a bit better, the leg seam had the same issue. These are obviously "seconds" or Levi's no longer represents the quality I used to get in the past. I would not buy them at half the price. I will see if I can have better luck at brick and mortar store.
on June 28, 2016
It seemed when I first started wearing 527's almost 15 years ago, it was a great jean - I could count on consistent sizing and they generally used quality fabric. Things have definitely changed over the years, as it seems they consistently use a VERY thin, cheap material for all their jeans, and the sizing is pretty random.

After ordering a few different styles last year, I sent back the thin fabric jeans, but kept the thicker ones (the overhaul style) as they fit better and used a higher quality fabric. When I ordered the exact same jeans this year, the ones that arrived were not the same fit/fabric, but rather the same cheap, thin fabric as the different styles I sent back last year.

Sadly, I can only offer two things: 1)For the price, you can surely find a better jean out there, 527's simply aren't worth it anymore. 2)If you decide to order ANY 527 styles, be prepared for a cheaply constructed jean that will potentially be a smaller than expected fit, unless you get lucky and randomly pick a style that uses better material that season.

As for me, after over 20 years of predominantly choosing Levi jeans, regrettably I will no longer be a Levi's customer. No one should have to cross their fingers and hope that they receive a quality product, and after 3 years of experiencing inconsistent material and sizing, I'm done with the 527 line and Levi's as a whole.
on March 26, 2017
I say "Somewhat Large" only for the Inseam, I got my Usual Levis 32" Inseam and they are about 3" Longer than Either my 517's and 527's that I have and I always get the 32" inseam. I realize they will shrink some when washed but am unsure about Shrinking 3" or close to that much. I think I am going to send them back and Exchange them for same waist size, 29", x 30" for inseam for these 527's and see if those are better. I found out some time ago that 517's fit best with 32" waist and 527's with the 29" waist. Plus for me the 527's fit more Comfortably since the 32" waist on 517's would always slide down off my wide hips at my waist so I was always pulling up my jeans every time I stood up from sitting, kneeling or squatting. That Never Happens with the 527's due to the Low Rise sitting Below my hips.

Also, The 32" inseam in these being so long were still that way while wearing my cowboy boots, I checked, since I always wear cowboy boots. It caused the bottom of the legs to bunch up too much on top of my foot of the boots and in back at heel of boot.
I sure love the 527's Much Better than 517's for the fit in the waist, well just below the waist, so I hope the exchange to 30" Inseam will be just what I need.
I hope to report back and say if the shorter inseam is just what these needed for me.
on January 25, 2016
This product looks very much like it's picture, maybe a little darker before first wash.

The fit of the waist was on point with my other Levi jeans, but the length was not. I wear a 36x32 and it usually has the right amount of break for me. I measured the Inseam after checking I purchased the right length (I was in a hurry and didn't try on for fitment before I removed tags and washed), the inseam measured 34''. This is way off from my other 527's. I'm going to give Amazon the benefit of the doubt because the size was labeled correctly on the tags, but I'm crediting Levi with again decline in Quality Control.

If you're reading this review just for an assessment of Levi as a whole, I'm still wearing Levi Jeans if that answers any questions. The quality is there for the price, but I would not consider them premium anymore. In the future I will double check size before washing...
review image review image
on March 15, 2017
I bought two pairs of the 527. And I'd have to agree with a number of customers here who are saying that these jeans are made in different parts of the world and each one fits differently. I have owned a few pairs of 527 in the past and were the only model I really liked. Well, something has changed at some point. Now these pairs come in different materials - some are thinner, some are thicker. And the size that fit me like a glove before now makes me uncomfortable around the waist and thighs.
So, unless you are trying them out at the store or have an Amazon Prime account and can afford to exchange a large number of pairs before you get the one that fits, then it is not worth the effort. I will not be making that mistake again and I will be returning these.
on January 3, 2017
The best fitting jeans I have tried, and perfect for me, as long as they are stretch fit. 5 stars for the jeans, - star for the description.

To whom it may concern, the three colors I have ordered thus far that are *STRETCH-FIT* are-
Wave Allusions (dark blue with faded waves)

Covered Up (dark blue (gold hue), with gold stitch)

Blue Stone (light blue)

The fit for these 3 are perfect (30x30), but will need to go up one in the waist for the non-stretch colors (which I am unsure which colors are.)

I wish to update this with all the known colors and type of fit.

Hope this review helps!
on January 3, 2013
I have bought 527 jeans exclusively for over 20 years, as I only wear cowboy boots and these jeans fit me so perfectly.

But the fabric has gotten shabbier and thinner with each passing year. Now they almost feel like pajamas when brand new, and they wear put at the crotch, out seams, and cuffs within months whereas they used to last me 2-3 years of constant use under often rugged conditions. Boooooooo! What has happened to Levi's quality? Another great brand gone to cheap labor and cheap materials. Now what jeans can I wear? Gonna give Wranglers another shot on my next order. Bad Levi's!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.