Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,697 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,819 reviews
on September 12, 2015
All of the 527 jeans sold on this page are not the same! Some washes are 100% cotton and some are so-called STRETCH 527's. Some are quite heavy and thick and some are very thin. After ordering 7 pairs in 6 washes this is what I've found:

'Tumbled Rigid' and 'Overhaul' are 100% cotton and are heavyweight denim. On both pairs I ordered a 32" inseam and they were longer than that, fitting like a 34" inseam. The Levi's website indicates that 'Indigo Black' is also 100% cotton and heavyweight denim.

'Highway,' 'And' (or 'Andi'), and 'Medium Chipped' are 100% cotton and midweight denim. The inseam seemed to actually be the 32" that I ordered. The denim is quite thin even though it is called midweight on the Levi's website. They are nice washes but are easy to cut, snag, and tear. I semi-ruined a pair the first time I wore them.

'Covered Up' is NOT 100% cotton -- it has quite a lot of polyester / elastane in it and actually says "STRETCH 527 slim bootcut" on the sticker. I am sending it back. According to the Levi's website some of these other washes are also stretch denim, such as 'Wave Allusions'.

Also, these are made all over the globe. Some say Vietnam, some say Egypt, some say Cambodia. I ordered two pairs of 'Highway' several weeks apart, and the first was made in Egypt while the second was made in Vietnam. So much for consistency!
on November 12, 2015
I have worn Levi's 527's for over 15 years. However, Levi's quality control lacks, control over quality. Material is thinner than previous 527 jeans I have purchased. The right leg seam passed over the top of my right knee. The left leg "seamed" fine. (pun intended). Amazon did a beautiful job sending a replacement pair in timely fashion. While the second pair was a bit better, the leg seam had the same issue. These are obviously "seconds" or Levi's no longer represents the quality I used to get in the past. I would not buy them at half the price. I will see if I can have better luck at brick and mortar store.
on January 10, 2016
These jeans are great on slimmer guys. We used these jeans for our groomsmen at our country wedding and they looked very classy. The slim cut made them fit nicely. No one had saggy butts or sloppy looking extra fabric. My dad even bought some as well. For anyone with a slim or even medium build, I would highly recommend these jeans. They do look clean cut, professional, and classy - even for jeans!
review image
on June 28, 2016
It seemed when I first started wearing 527's almost 15 years ago, it was a great jean - I could count on consistent sizing and they generally used quality fabric. Things have definitely changed over the years, as it seems they consistently use a VERY thin, cheap material for all their jeans, and the sizing is pretty random.

After ordering a few different styles last year, I sent back the thin fabric jeans, but kept the thicker ones (the overhaul style) as they fit better and used a higher quality fabric. When I ordered the exact same jeans this year, the ones that arrived were not the same fit/fabric, but rather the same cheap, thin fabric as the different styles I sent back last year.

Sadly, I can only offer two things: 1)For the price, you can surely find a better jean out there, 527's simply aren't worth it anymore. 2)If you decide to order ANY 527 styles, be prepared for a cheaply constructed jean that will potentially be a smaller than expected fit, unless you get lucky and randomly pick a style that uses better material that season.

As for me, after over 20 years of predominantly choosing Levi jeans, regrettably I will no longer be a Levi's customer. No one should have to cross their fingers and hope that they receive a quality product, and after 3 years of experiencing inconsistent material and sizing, I'm done with the 527 line and Levi's as a whole.
on January 25, 2016
This product looks very much like it's picture, maybe a little darker before first wash.

The fit of the waist was on point with my other Levi jeans, but the length was not. I wear a 36x32 and it usually has the right amount of break for me. I measured the Inseam after checking I purchased the right length (I was in a hurry and didn't try on for fitment before I removed tags and washed), the inseam measured 34''. This is way off from my other 527's. I'm going to give Amazon the benefit of the doubt because the size was labeled correctly on the tags, but I'm crediting Levi with again decline in Quality Control.

If you're reading this review just for an assessment of Levi as a whole, I'm still wearing Levi Jeans if that answers any questions. The quality is there for the price, but I would not consider them premium anymore. In the future I will double check size before washing...
review image review image
on May 15, 2017
The last two pairs of Levi's I purchased were both significantly off in terms of the length ( inseam). After reading several reviews I was inclined to think it was a quality control issue but now I'm not certain. I purchased a pair of Indigo Black 527 34x32 jeans and when I tried them on, the inseam was too long. The waist was fine. (No, I have not shrunk two inches in height). I measured the inseam of the leg and came up with 34". Frustrated, I went to two different retailers that sell the Bootcut (not many anymore with all the skinny jeans out there). Every 527 with a 32 inch inseam was long by two inches. I've been wearing bootcut Levi's for a long time and this was never the case. If you like your pant leg under your heel when you walk, this will be fine. If you want the jeans to be the size they indicate on the label, then shorten your inseam 2 inches. I exchanged mine via Amazon for a 34x30 that are perfect. Thank you to Amazon for the excellent customer service.
on April 25, 2017
if you love your current 527s then beware when ordering these! seems the pattern and size is different for each color. i stocked up on some 31x32 527s a few years ago because they fit so great and now with them getting holes i went to get more. So naturally i order the exact same size as before. I bought multiple colors and found that not a single pair fit the same as before. The darker colors were incredibly smaller in size, the lighter ones fit the same in the lower legs as before but the waist got tighter and the back pocket area got bigger and droopier. Not sure what is going on here but if they bring back the old pattern i will buy more, I'm left soured and steering away from levis now sadly because of this. also there are some cheap things on these jeans, like the trademark back red levi patch on the back pocket is blank instead of reading "levis". The brass rivets are cheap quality and levis isn't stamped on them. So much wrong with these
on May 20, 2017
I normally don't give five stars but so far I do love these pants. I am 6 foot tall and 200 pounds I have narrow hips and no butt and these pants fit me perfectly. Size 34 W 32 L. No sags but not too tight. They fit me as though they love me. The bootcut is a proper bootcut and not a bell bottom so they work well with boots or sneakers. These are not thick jeans and may not hold up long on a construction site but for everyday wear I think they will do nicely. I have the () and they are not 100% cotton but I like that they have just enough stretch to make moving comfortable. First time I put then on they became my favorite pair of pants. I will be buying more.
Levi's Men's 527 Slim Bootcut Jean, Covered Up, 34Wx32L
on March 26, 2017
I say "Somewhat Large" only for the Inseam, I got my Usual Levis 32" Inseam and they are about 3" Longer than Either my 517's and 527's that I have and I always get the 32" inseam. I realize they will shrink some when washed but am unsure about Shrinking 3" or close to that much. I think I am going to send them back and Exchange them for same waist size, 29", x 30" for inseam for these 527's and see if those are better. I found out some time ago that 517's fit best with 32" waist and 527's with the 29" waist. Plus for me the 527's fit more Comfortably since the 32" waist on 517's would always slide down off my wide hips at my waist so I was always pulling up my jeans every time I stood up from sitting, kneeling or squatting. That Never Happens with the 527's due to the Low Rise sitting Below my hips.

Also, The 32" inseam in these being so long were still that way while wearing my cowboy boots, I checked, since I always wear cowboy boots. It caused the bottom of the legs to bunch up too much on top of my foot of the boots and in back at heel of boot.
I sure love the 527's Much Better than 517's for the fit in the waist, well just below the waist, so I hope the exchange to 30" Inseam will be just what I need.
I hope to report back and say if the shorter inseam is just what these needed for me.
on September 1, 2016
Bought these for a wedding I was in. I'm a slim size 6'2"/160# so I ordered 30/34 and they fit well around the waist and thighs, but wide enough for the boot tops.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.