Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 12, 2015
All of the 527 jeans sold on this page are not the same! Some washes are 100% cotton and some are so-called STRETCH 527's. Some are quite heavy and thick and some are very thin. After ordering 7 pairs in 6 washes this is what I've found:

'Tumbled Rigid' and 'Overhaul' are 100% cotton and are heavyweight denim. On both pairs I ordered a 32" inseam and they were longer than that, fitting like a 34" inseam. The Levi's website indicates that 'Indigo Black' is also 100% cotton and heavyweight denim.

'Highway,' 'And' (or 'Andi'), and 'Medium Chipped' are 100% cotton and midweight denim. The inseam seemed to actually be the 32" that I ordered. The denim is quite thin even though it is called midweight on the Levi's website. They are nice washes but are easy to cut, snag, and tear. I semi-ruined a pair the first time I wore them.

'Covered Up' is NOT 100% cotton -- it has quite a lot of polyester / elastane in it and actually says "STRETCH 527 slim bootcut" on the sticker. I am sending it back. According to the Levi's website some of these other washes are also stretch denim, such as 'Wave Allusions'.

Also, these are made all over the globe. Some say Vietnam, some say Egypt, some say Cambodia. I ordered two pairs of 'Highway' several weeks apart, and the first was made in Egypt while the second was made in Vietnam. So much for consistency!
11 comment| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 26, 2016
Bought my first pair of jeans online from here. Size was 32 X 30. The jeans fit great when I received them a little big from the waist as I am a size 31 for most pants size 31 fit perfect. I decided to go with 32 just to be safe. Love the pants so much I decided to buy more. This time size 31 X 30 which I though would fit perfectly. I was wrong. They fit Extra small and I could not understand why. unfortunately I bought two pairs and they were both way to small. Aside from being to small the material was way too thin than the normal thickness I know and love about Levi jeans. I thought ok maybe they just came from a different manufacturer and that was the reason why but I still felt cheated. I decided to buy another pair because I loved them that much and they were on Sale. As I was still a bit hesitant to make the purchase I decided this time to buy a 517 as I had read the description for the 527 that they were Slim fit and I through Ok maybe that is why they were too small. So there I went and purchased my 517 31 X 30 cuz you know I'm a size 31. Well I was wrong again. They were still Way to small. I quickly returned and them and decided to go back to the 527 because they are low cut and the 517 are not. There I go again with my purchase thinking ok I am done with the size 31 and will go with the original size 32 X 30 that I fell in love with the first time. Well let me tell you guys, I cannot be more disappointed. These jeans were even smaller than size 31 that I had bought before, they were also longer than a size 30. Incredible, how can they do this to me. I am loosing faith on a product that I love so much. As a troubleshooting technician that I am I had to find out why or what is the difference between these pants. My only conclusion I found is that they were all made in different parts of the world. See the Pictures. The first jeans were made in Cambodia, the second pair in Bangladesh, and the last pair in Haiti. This is my only conclusion on why these jeans are not the same sizes. I feel like I am playing the Russian roulette with these purchases, I will never know what I will receive.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 20, 2017
I have been purchased this jean once a year for the past two years. First year ordered couple different sizes and colors, found one I like and wore it for a year till it starts to tear. So second year ordered the EXACT same one that I had, came way to big, returned it, and order 3 more SAME one, and those had 1 too big, 1 too small, and 1 perfect. I kept the perfect one. Now the third year, this time I immediately order 5 of the SAME jeans, well.... 2 are perfect size, 3 too big.... but the color is completely different this year, I double checked the PC9 code on the tags, it's indeed the same wash/color code as last year's. I am not sure if I want to return all and restart my search again, or just keep one till next year.... it's annoying that every time I have to do this hit or miss game with Levi's....
review image
on April 3, 2017
I usually wear size 30x30, but somehow these jeans run a bit small. I had to return and reorder 31x30. Aside from the unpredictable size, these jeans look and feel amazing. I already own about 8 pairs of Levi's, bootcut or slim bootcut, these will add to the pile.
I'm really glad that this Levi's model is still in stock (from Amazon). I have been trying to find these at the stores (retailer and outlets), but none of them carry the Bootcuts or Slim bootcuts. They said that this design is no longer in style. I literally told the salesperson "bs." That these are very good looking jeans and that the current skinny jeans are just a fade. Skinny jeans look great on women, but on men they are extremely weird. Anyway, long story short, get these and you can't go wrong. But be patience with the sizing.
33 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 28, 2016
It seemed when I first started wearing 527's almost 15 years ago, it was a great jean - I could count on consistent sizing and they generally used quality fabric. Things have definitely changed over the years, as it seems they consistently use a VERY thin, cheap material for all their jeans, and the sizing is pretty random.

After ordering a few different styles last year, I sent back the thin fabric jeans, but kept the thicker ones (the overhaul style) as they fit better and used a higher quality fabric. When I ordered the exact same jeans this year, the ones that arrived were not the same fit/fabric, but rather the same cheap, thin fabric as the different styles I sent back last year.

Sadly, I can only offer two things: 1)For the price, you can surely find a better jean out there, 527's simply aren't worth it anymore. 2)If you decide to order ANY 527 styles, be prepared for a cheaply constructed jean that will potentially be a smaller than expected fit, unless you get lucky and randomly pick a style that uses better material that season.

As for me, after over 20 years of predominantly choosing Levi jeans, regrettably I will no longer be a Levi's customer. No one should have to cross their fingers and hope that they receive a quality product, and after 3 years of experiencing inconsistent material and sizing, I'm done with the 527 line and Levi's as a whole.
22 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 12, 2016
Great work jeans... also i ordered the same pair from the levis website, because some people were saying these ones were fake.... they were the same jeans, just with a longer shipping time from levis.... the zippers and everything were the same. NOT FAKE
on November 1, 2017
I hadn't seen wais 33 with slim fit boot cut before, so I jumped at this chance. It fit my waist and legs perfectly. However SOMEbody LIED when then put a tag and label as inseam 30. I have sewing machines and I know how long an inseam is!!! These pants were NOT 30 inch inseam. They were at least 6 inches longer than that. So 33 waist and 30 inseam is really 33 waist and 36(+) inseam. Also, when I order from J.C. Penney's, I get to/have to, choose between several different version of denim - rigid, pre-washed, stone washed, etc. This one gave no choices, so I expected regular (clean) denim. It seemed like somebody had worn it for a week or more, then turned it in for sale. Kind of a slightly dirty denim. It was softer than the two types of denim I usually order, and intially more comfortable, but didn't look as good as what I usually buy.
on May 15, 2017
The last two pairs of Levi's I purchased were both significantly off in terms of the length ( inseam). After reading several reviews I was inclined to think it was a quality control issue but now I'm not certain. I purchased a pair of Indigo Black 527 34x32 jeans and when I tried them on, the inseam was too long. The waist was fine. (No, I have not shrunk two inches in height). I measured the inseam of the leg and came up with 34". Frustrated, I went to two different retailers that sell the Bootcut (not many anymore with all the skinny jeans out there). Every 527 with a 32 inch inseam was long by two inches. I've been wearing bootcut Levi's for a long time and this was never the case. If you like your pant leg under your heel when you walk, this will be fine. If you want the jeans to be the size they indicate on the label, then shorten your inseam 2 inches. I exchanged mine via Amazon for a 34x30 that are perfect. Thank you to Amazon for the excellent customer service.
on April 25, 2017
if you love your current 527s then beware when ordering these! seems the pattern and size is different for each color. i stocked up on some 31x32 527s a few years ago because they fit so great and now with them getting holes i went to get more. So naturally i order the exact same size as before. I bought multiple colors and found that not a single pair fit the same as before. The darker colors were incredibly smaller in size, the lighter ones fit the same in the lower legs as before but the waist got tighter and the back pocket area got bigger and droopier. Not sure what is going on here but if they bring back the old pattern i will buy more, I'm left soured and steering away from levis now sadly because of this. also there are some cheap things on these jeans, like the trademark back red levi patch on the back pocket is blank instead of reading "levis". The brass rivets are cheap quality and levis isn't stamped on them. So much wrong with these
Top Contributor: Babieson November 21, 2017
I've been wearing 527's for years now. I still have the first pair I ever bought, which is pushing 7-8 years easy, maybe longer. Like most Levi's, they're very durable and will withstand numerous trips through the washer and dryer. This really old pair I have has been washed hundreds of times. Still no holes or tears. No pre-faded jeans for me; I like to take care of that myself. Tumbled Rigid color will age nicely over time. The only problem I ever had with these is that the front pockets are a little shallow. That's the only thing preventing me from giving them a 5-star rating. Levi's 517 are also good. Thicker denim and bigger pockets but the style is a little different. Still bootcut, though.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.