BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

My wardrobe is 501's. I fashion all my accoutrements around them. When I have to dress up I can use black 501's for the opera or kaki with a white shirt for the office. However I have always chosen my work environment for its fashion taste in stone washed 501's. Do not tell anyone but I take mine to the cleaners and have them dry-cleaned and pressed (no starch), just crisp and casual at the same time; it is an old habit from my military days. Come to think of it the military used button fly's also.

I can see the problem of purchasing online vs. store bought is that they use obscure words as "rigid" in place of gage (or oz.) Not one did they mention the tab color which is Levi's way of sorting the Mercedes quality version from their Yugo (lighter weight but still from Levi) version. And yes they are subject to globalization which in this day and age is a "no no"; and there is no way to tell without looking at the label. Well enough of this negative stuff.

An advantage of on line is getting those obscure colors and exact size (saving a tad in tailoring). Also saving gasoline (sort of an expensive commodity now days) and time. Not to mention there is some sort of psychological thrill in placing and receiving the order. It is sort of a mini-Christmas.
HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERon January 13, 2014
I'm a bit surprised that so many people are confused by the texture they've received here, but I am not surprised that they're confused they received it. The Dane finish is part of Levi's "WATER|LESS" finishing process and is waxed. It's a highly sought after finish which can be ruined or washed away and normally is only recommended for spot cleaning and not regular washing machine washing. You can, it just wont be as shiny afterward.

It doesn't put wax on your hands. It feels like something between waxed and oiled, like you might think of a garment that is waterproofed. They don't wear any "hotter" or seal dampness in any more than regular jeans, and simply have a unique sheen to them that is trendy, and probably wouldn't be considered a 'daily wear' pair of jeans.

I am on a huge hunt for this finish because it's my new favorite thing. I don't know why Levi's isn't more direct about this finish because it surprises some, and isn't easy enough to find for others.
on December 18, 2012
501 are always button fly and almost always not pre-shrunk. BUY A SIZE UP!!!Who would complain about a jean that virtually has went unchanged for 100+ years. I suggest buying made US selvedge and raw 501's but these are good for price.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.