Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,179 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,233 reviews
on October 19, 2013
These pants are great. Very comfortable and look great. They're meant for the guys who want the slimmer look but have bigger thighs (me). Most other "slim fit" pants are too tight on my legs. These are as if they were made just for me. So if you are "slim" but have bigger quads/hamstrings these will be perfect for you.
11 comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2015
I never knew how hard it was to find good fitting pants until I started caring about good fitting pants.

I am 5'10 and 160 lbs, athletic build with slightly bigger thighs than average. My size is 30x32. I prefer slim fitting pants (not skinny), but for me the usual "slim fit" pants are too tight around the thighs, and levi's 541 (which are slim pants designed for buff guys with swole thighs) are too loose around the thighs. The 508 is a really nice sweet spot. I got the black indigo dye rinse color. It looks and feels sexy. Love the stretchy material.

However, (don't know if this applies to all colors) these pants wrinkle and get dusty really easily. Best way to describe the texture of these pants is if you take some jeans and applied an even layer of some blue paint (minus the grossness). It's stiff and slick.
on March 2, 2017
These fit like my other 508s. If you buy Levi's you know the sizing can be different in the same style of jean. These fit, like my others, around the waist. These are just as stretchy as the others. Where these fall short, for me, is the material. I can't quite describe it. They're definitely not cotton. They're a more stiff material. Definitely will need to be broken in. Overall, they're nice, once broken in. I think most Levi's need to be broken in (unlike some Buckle jeans I own).
on February 11, 2016
Fit was perfect, wash was great (rinsed playa) but what the hell is with this garbage distressing?? Looks like a fat person got really skinny but a bunch of creased remained from the ears of fat rolls benign present. This isn't the bottom of the ocean, I don't want my pants to look like that. Disappointing that it's bad enough I have to give up the perfect fit for that disappointment. Be forewarned people!!
review image
on January 4, 2014
As a person of weight, it's a pain to find well fitting jeans. The skinny folk get so many great options, but I suppose that's their reward for not eating chips and ice cream all day every day.

Anyway, I'm fat and the 508s fit me well. They will probably also fit thin people well, I don't know, I don't really associate with them. The taper is nice because it prevents the bottom leg opening from being the circumference of the moon (like straight cut fat man jeans). They are, how the kids say, pretty dern stylish. I typically wear them with boots and a slight cuff when I'm feeling extra fashionable.

The color is nice and allows the jeans to be worn with a variety of colors of shirts and sweaters.

My issue with the jeans is that they are oddly inconsistent. I have them in two colors: Rigid Envy and Big Sir. I laughed when buying "Big Sir" in a large size. Very self-aware.

Anyway, Big Sir is more bluer (technical term), which is harder to see in the pictures. Both very nice. However, I notice that the Rigid Envy are fairly thin (again, interesting name... like they are envious of the more rigid jeans. Very Kafkaesque), have a couple worn spots in them, and were stitched poorly down the right leg (the seam awkwardly twists from the side to the front). They aren't bad enough to be all that noticeable to other people, and I still happily wear them regularly, but the inconsistency is just a bit disappointing.

I will probably continue to buy this style of jeans, but may try to find them in a real life store to prevent any issues.
on April 6, 2017
Better modern leg cut than the 505 but seems to have way more hip sag. Not great for self respecting 40 somethings who get this size because they hate belts, now my butt sags like a millennial. Maybe I got a bum pair? Probably would go a size smaller in the waist if I could do it over.
on November 18, 2015
After reading countless reviews I was still confused on which size to get because some said they run big, others true to size, and a few said they ran tight. So I decided to purchase my regular size 38x30 and a size down 36x30 in Black. These jeans are great for guys with big thighs. They offer more room with out looking extremely baggy and the taper is good enough. I personally would have preferred a skinnier taper but it was good enough. Also, these jeans are quite stiff and did not notice the so called "stretch" that it has. My main negative was the inseam. Although it says 30 it felt more like a 31, and in feeling like that it did not look like it was that tapered. Over all good jeans that I needed quickly.

Now some tips and the deciding factor. If you have big calves the taper might be too tight for you. If you have regular calves you'll be fine. Now here is the deciding factor on which size you should get. Your behind. Yup after trying them on I now realize why people had so many problems.The 36x30 fit good but was little too tight on my rear end. The 38x30 was way better (although it does have a little wiggle room in the waist area but not so much they would slip down). I kept the 38 and returned the 36. Keep in mind I only bought the black ones. I don't know how the others will run. Different color jeans will run and feel differently.

TL;DR Version
If you have a big behind get your regular size.
If you a have a flat behind go a size down.
If you have huge calves the taper might feel tighter.
on October 9, 2014
I have thin legs, but these fit too tight in the crotch and thighs. I like a tapered jean, but these are more like a skinny jean. The mens 521 tapered jean is a much, much better, perfect fit, but those are not made anymore. I wish Levis would stick with their styles and quit changing them.

One more quirky thing about the 508 jeans - the black 508's I have also fit me well, but the Quincy 508 fits completely different, much tighter. I also need an inch larger waist in the Quincy, and it is still too tight. The two black 508's fit well in the waist and thigh and tapers well.
on August 14, 2015
I've always been a fan of Levi's 508 tapers. Disappointed that they discontinued, but found it on Amazon! The size review might be biased but for me, I know my size exactly, so I checked "Fit as expected." As for its shape, I recommend it for people who have wide hips and thick thighs and doesn't want a pair of jeans that fit too tight, but still tapered so that you wouldn't seem too short. I'm a short one so this is my go-to jeans, if I want something simple and black. Speaking of black, the color does not easily fade. Try not to wash it too often in the beginning. Levi's recommends you put your jeans in the freezer overnight before you wear it to make the dye fade slower, but I've never tried. I heard it works, though. When the jeans fade, you will see it becoming slightly blue, not grey. Usually around the time the jeans are so dark blueish that it would show if I wore it with a black T-shirt on top, the crotch area gets a light-to-medium tear because of the nature of how walking works. Legs brush against each other, ya know.

All in all, I love these. I hope they don't go extinct lol.
on February 10, 2016
I bought the black indigo dye ones and I really liked the way the fit, but they were a little too big in the waist (have to wear a belt). Since I liked the fit of the black ones so much, I decided to order the "British Khaki" color as well, but a size smaller this time. These things are WAY too small! I can't even put them on-- like, literally cannot even fit my calves past the knee of these pants. These things are skinnier than skinny jeans.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.