Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 4, 2014
As a person of weight, it's a pain to find well fitting jeans. The skinny folk get so many great options, but I suppose that's their reward for not eating chips and ice cream all day every day.

Anyway, I'm fat and the 508s fit me well. They will probably also fit thin people well, I don't know, I don't really associate with them. The taper is nice because it prevents the bottom leg opening from being the circumference of the moon (like straight cut fat man jeans). They are, how the kids say, pretty dern stylish. I typically wear them with boots and a slight cuff when I'm feeling extra fashionable.

The color is nice and allows the jeans to be worn with a variety of colors of shirts and sweaters.

My issue with the jeans is that they are oddly inconsistent. I have them in two colors: Rigid Envy and Big Sir. I laughed when buying "Big Sir" in a large size. Very self-aware.

Anyway, Big Sir is more bluer (technical term), which is harder to see in the pictures. Both very nice. However, I notice that the Rigid Envy are fairly thin (again, interesting name... like they are envious of the more rigid jeans. Very Kafkaesque), have a couple worn spots in them, and were stitched poorly down the right leg (the seam awkwardly twists from the side to the front). They aren't bad enough to be all that noticeable to other people, and I still happily wear them regularly, but the inconsistency is just a bit disappointing.

I will probably continue to buy this style of jeans, but may try to find them in a real life store to prevent any issues.
on April 6, 2017
Better modern leg cut than the 505 but seems to have way more hip sag. Not great for self respecting 40 somethings who get this size because they hate belts, now my butt sags like a millennial. Maybe I got a bum pair? Probably would go a size smaller in the waist if I could do it over.
on November 18, 2015
After reading countless reviews I was still confused on which size to get because some said they run big, others true to size, and a few said they ran tight. So I decided to purchase my regular size 38x30 and a size down 36x30 in Black. These jeans are great for guys with big thighs. They offer more room with out looking extremely baggy and the taper is good enough. I personally would have preferred a skinnier taper but it was good enough. Also, these jeans are quite stiff and did not notice the so called "stretch" that it has. My main negative was the inseam. Although it says 30 it felt more like a 31, and in feeling like that it did not look like it was that tapered. Over all good jeans that I needed quickly.

Now some tips and the deciding factor. If you have big calves the taper might be too tight for you. If you have regular calves you'll be fine. Now here is the deciding factor on which size you should get. Your behind. Yup after trying them on I now realize why people had so many problems.The 36x30 fit good but was little too tight on my rear end. The 38x30 was way better (although it does have a little wiggle room in the waist area but not so much they would slip down). I kept the 38 and returned the 36. Keep in mind I only bought the black ones. I don't know how the others will run. Different color jeans will run and feel differently.

TL;DR Version
If you have a big behind get your regular size.
If you a have a flat behind go a size down.
If you have huge calves the taper might feel tighter.
22 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 9, 2014
I have thin legs, but these fit too tight in the crotch and thighs. I like a tapered jean, but these are more like a skinny jean. The mens 521 tapered jean is a much, much better, perfect fit, but those are not made anymore. I wish Levis would stick with their styles and quit changing them.

One more quirky thing about the 508 jeans - the black 508's I have also fit me well, but the Quincy 508 fits completely different, much tighter. I also need an inch larger waist in the Quincy, and it is still too tight. The two black 508's fit well in the waist and thigh and tapers well.
on October 19, 2013
These pants are great. Very comfortable and look great. They're meant for the guys who want the slimmer look but have bigger thighs (me). Most other "slim fit" pants are too tight on my legs. These are as if they were made just for me. So if you are "slim" but have bigger quads/hamstrings these will be perfect for you.
11 comment| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 14, 2015
I've always been a fan of Levi's 508 tapers. Disappointed that they discontinued, but found it on Amazon! The size review might be biased but for me, I know my size exactly, so I checked "Fit as expected." As for its shape, I recommend it for people who have wide hips and thick thighs and doesn't want a pair of jeans that fit too tight, but still tapered so that you wouldn't seem too short. I'm a short one so this is my go-to jeans, if I want something simple and black. Speaking of black, the color does not easily fade. Try not to wash it too often in the beginning. Levi's recommends you put your jeans in the freezer overnight before you wear it to make the dye fade slower, but I've never tried. I heard it works, though. When the jeans fade, you will see it becoming slightly blue, not grey. Usually around the time the jeans are so dark blueish that it would show if I wore it with a black T-shirt on top, the crotch area gets a light-to-medium tear because of the nature of how walking works. Legs brush against each other, ya know.

All in all, I love these. I hope they don't go extinct lol.
on February 10, 2016
I bought the black indigo dye ones and I really liked the way the fit, but they were a little too big in the waist (have to wear a belt). Since I liked the fit of the black ones so much, I decided to order the "British Khaki" color as well, but a size smaller this time. These things are WAY too small! I can't even put them on-- like, literally cannot even fit my calves past the knee of these pants. These things are skinnier than skinny jeans.
on February 19, 2015
I love these jeans- my favorite fit ever. I'm a bike rider so I can't pull off slim fit jeans (too tight in the thigh), but I also don't like even the full straight leg of the 505. The 521 got the ball rolling, and then the 508 nailed it: up top they fit like 505s, but with a tapered leg that doesn't go so far as to be in the skinny jean lane. I have about a dozen pairs, and these, the Sequoia, and the Rinsed Playa, also have just a touch of stretch to them. Makes them super-comfortable and at the end of the day they are still fitting you the same as when you put then on that morning. Note that the Sequoia is a heavier weight denim, and the Rinsed Playa a little lighter (I love that Levi's does this, though some people do seem to get confused and think that some washes are cheaper or less well-made.)

HOWEVER... what I don't love is that Levi's, even as they are introducing a bunch of new styles, has decided to discontinue the 508. I had a feeling this was going to happen when I noticed lots of new washes in other styles last summer and fall, but hardly anything in the 508. I even chatted with a Levi's customer service rep about it last fall and she got indignant when I asked if the 508 was being phased out. Oh, well, maybe it was a secret to her, too. I haven't tried the "replacement" style on yet (the 504, I think), but it's described as a slim fit, so I don't have my hopes up. Stock up on these while you can!
on January 6, 2015
I got them in a waist size 38 because I've bought 508 tapered khakis from Levis, and they ended up shrinking a lot after a few washes. I thought the same would happen to these, but they ended up staying the same. I guess they use different fabrics for each colorway or something. The jeans fit me big on the waist and were baggier than I wanted. I'm a size 36, but occasionally get a bigger size in case I know they will shrink. I kept them for work. I like the tapered fit because that way I won't have to bother with the bottom being dragged under my shoes and ripping. They've held up well, I've had them for about 6 months. Levi's are usually good jeans, but sometimes I feel like their quality is beginning to get worse. Some of the newer jeans don't last me as long as the ones from 5-8 years ago. Don't get me wrong, they're still good, but compared to how they used to make them, they're not as good. I gave it a 4 star rating because I thought they would end up shrinking just like the tapered khakis, but they didn't. I don't like that Levi's keeps me guessing on which jeans will shrink or not. They should just pre wash them so they are already we won't have to worry it later. Other than that they were perfect.

So in my case they didn't shrink after wash, so don't worry about that, and I assume for anyone size 38 waist, they will fit well, maybe even a little bigger. They've held up well so far after 6 months of regular normal wear at work. There's only some small holes in them. I assume they would easily last 2+ years if I only used them for street wear.
on August 9, 2016
The Jeans fit great. There is a Flaw in the material near the left rear pocket. The flaw is about ½” long x ⅛” wide. We first noticed the flaw when we held them up to admire the new Levi’s and saw the light shining through. We went to Walmart and bought an iron-on patch. The plan is that the patch keeps the jeans from unraveling any further. Disappointed!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.