Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Levi's Men's 508 Regular Tapered Denim Jean
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on October 19, 2013
These pants are great. Very comfortable and look great. They're meant for the guys who want the slimmer look but have bigger thighs (me). Most other "slim fit" pants are too tight on my legs. These are as if they were made just for me. So if you are "slim" but have bigger quads/hamstrings these will be perfect for you.
11 comment| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2013
I've been trying to find a pair of jeans for what feels like forever that had a good tapered look but didn't feel like putting compression socks on my thighs. These jeans are great for guys that want the slimmer look, but don't have the little bitch hipster legs required to fit most of those jeans. I've got quite muscular legs and calves due to lots of cycling and dem squats, and these jeans fit like a dream. Finally.
22 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2014
Other people have touched on this before and I just want to reiterate so that we can have more buyer awareness. Not every color of jeans will fit the same way. I have ordered 3 pairs of these 508's all the same size (34x32) and all have had slightly different fits. The most recent order, I got the Rinsed Playa and these definitely have some spandex material in them as they are much stretchier than the Big Sur and Rigid Envy's that I had gotten last year. That being said, the Rinsed Playa is much closer in fit to the Big Sur, just stretchier, which I actually like for biking and being active. The Rinsed Playas are definitely thinner as well and I don't feel like I am constricted which I sometimes feel with my other two pairs. The Rigid Envy was the tightest fit of the three by far. I can fit in them but they seem to be more like a 33x31 rather than a true 34x32 (if I am going to judge off the other two pairs). So, beware guys and girls, not all will fit the same. I'll reiterate one more time for each jean:

Big Sur: True to fit, strong 100% cotton jeans, should last me a long time, probably my favorite pair atm
Rigid Envy: Ran a bit small, strong 100% jeans, (same feel as Big Sur). The 34x32 actually felt like a 33x31
Rinsed Playa: True to fit, spandex material mixed with cotton, stretchy and a great jean for active types or bicycle commuters.

If I buy more jeans I will update this post to keep everyone informed. Hope this helps. peace!

EDIT (3/7/2014): After wearing the Rinsed Playa on and off for about two weeks it seems that they are actually a bit larger than my Big Sur jeans. Maybe they have stretched out a bit due to the stretchyness? Anyway I am changing my original statement that Rinsed Playa is true to fit and they are actually an inch or so larger than man Big Sur's. The Rinsed Playa seems more like a 35x33 rather than the 34x32 that is advertised on it.
on October 6, 2014
Looking for the optimal slim fit but tired of having two of your most prized possessions crammed and suffocated by skinny jeans that don't take into account that guys have an extra appendage up front? Fear not, my friend: the 508's are here, and they understand. Their tapered fit gives you the dashing, debonair look you need to go hit on that 9 standing at the bar without looking like a total squid, and room where you need it the most.

Accept no substitutes. These are the best jeans on the planet. Period. End of story.

Recommended washes: Rigid Envy, Sequoia, Vintage Playa
on February 11, 2016
Fit was perfect, wash was great (rinsed playa) but what the hell is with this garbage distressing?? Looks like a fat person got really skinny but a bunch of creased remained from the ears of fat rolls benign present. This isn't the bottom of the ocean, I don't want my pants to look like that. Disappointing that it's bad enough I have to give up the perfect fit for that disappointment. Be forewarned people!!
review image
on March 31, 2012
Theses jeans fit absolutely amazing!! I have very large thighs and finding a tapered jean is very challenging as most usually run very tight in the thighs like the 511's even though they have elastane, also these have about an inch higher rise which is much more flattering than the 511, and also makes them a lot more comfortable to wear. And I hate jeans with a large openings like the 514's. These are a perfect fit and give me the exact look I am looking for! I really hope Levis doesn't do away with these jeans because these are my favorite and new go to jean for everything!
on August 30, 2013
I have not seen other comments about this, but it may be a reason why the fit does not meet expectations. I recently bought a pair of the 508's in the "Grey-Black" color.
These are thinner weight, and, in fact are about 50%+ Cotton, 40%+ Polyester, and 2% spandex. I don't know yet if this fabric mix is true for all the colors (or mine was unique?). Anyway since mine are NOT 100% Cotton, they did not shrink much at all. And to make matters worse, I had ordered 34x30 instead of my usual 33x30 as I thought when I was ordering that they would be 100% Cotton, and considering the slimmer profile I decided to go 1 size higher in the waist just in case of shrinkage.

So beware -- the "100% Cotton" online description is not true for all colors, which I don't like. If all the colors are not 100% cotton, then you are going to have "Fit" problems when you compare them to other jeans you have. If Levi's is not going to make all colors with the same fabrix mix, then they should call the other ones something different than 508's and give them their own, true, fabric description.
33 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2013
I've been looking for a slimmer fitting jean with tappered leg openings and they are hard to find for adults. Just because I wear a 38x32 doesn't mean I should be stuck with huge clown pants and flared legs. My waist is around a 37-38 or so...not my ankles! I'm 6 feet tall and my legs are not big and thick either although my thighs are pretty muscular...chicken legs on down from there lol. These jeans are awesome! I got the darker colored pair Big Sir. The minute I put them on my partner said it looked like I lost 20 lbs. The quality is very nice too. They seem like a tough jean that should last. I haven't washed them yet but I won't be putting them in the dryer for more than 5 minutes for now...don't wanna end up like Phil on Modern Family lol! I would have given them 5 stars but the back of the waist band sticks out a bit and they come up a little higher in the front than expexted. Nothing a belt can't handle. So bigger guys try them out! You won't look like a kid in skinny jeans! Update...fortunately I hadn't had the chance to wear them and didn't pull off the tags. They gotta go back...lost a few more pounds and they are now too big lol! I'll try for a 36. ;-)
on April 3, 2014
I bought 4 of these, all are 36x32.
Blue fits well (Made in Cambodia)
Grey fits well. (Made in Cambodia)
Khaki fits very tight.(Made in Cambodia)
Black fits very very loose. (Made in Columbia)
Big sir blue fits and looks best!(Made in Egypt)

I'm not so happy with the fact they are all vary fitting. The quality seems decent for the price. If you want "Made in USA", the price tag for this particular 508 is $129.99 on Levi's site. Good luck!
on January 15, 2015
Design is very tapered, more so than in the photo. The bottom part is small and the waist area is big. I am wearing a same size Levi's 505 jeans but because the material of this 508 is cotton and not denim, it is thinner and softer thus making it one size too large for me. Great if you like jeans that are soft and have a V-shape to it.