Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Levi's Men's 510 Skinny Fit Jean,Rigid Dragon,28x30
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 28W x 30L|Color: Rigid Dragon|Change

on June 3, 2014
I had tried the Rigid Dragon variant pair of jeans at a retail store in the same size and had found them to fit just right, but they were cheaper on Amazon, so I purchased them on this site. When they arrived they looked off and fit two sizes too small. All the tags were off and there was no logo on the zipper.
The Black pair of skinny's were not skinny at all. They were really loose from the waist down. Those felt as if they felt two sizes too big. I own the same exact pair, but was looking to replace them because the ones I have were torn up. When I compared the two I was surprised as they were so dissimilar. I was completely dissatisfied and returned both pair of jeans, which was the only positive from this purchase. They both looked and felt like cheap knock offs to be perfectly honest.
44 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2010
Current price on Amazon (about $40) is great, especially if it's possible to couple with free shipping. Even better if you live in a high sales tax state like Illinois and can avoid paying an additional 10%!

These 510 jeans fit snug, so you have to have the body.... but they look cool if you can pull it off. For a fit not quite as snug but still within the "skinny" realm, the Levi's 511 jeans may be better. In agreement with other reviews on these jeans, the length seems to be slightly longer (i.e. 32" is maybe 32.5") than other brands.
on August 19, 2014
So I really needed new jeans and I always buy Levi's 510s because they fit perfectly and look good (I am very skinny.) I ordered the "Rigid Dragon" color from here because it was a better deal than in stores and I have Prime. Size 30x30.

I got them in the mail and they fit TERRIBLY. Way too baggy and felt really cheap. They were definitely not the Levi's quality I was used it and a disappointment. I've ordered 510 jeans from multiple places online (Levis.com, ebay, etc.) and they always fit the same. But these ones look awful.

So I was hopeful and gave Amazon the benefit of the doubt. Instead of returning them I exchanged them for the Jet black colored 510s. Now, I literally already have a pair of the exact same jeans right now, but the knees ripped. The exact same. I received my new ones from Amazon and same thing, NOT skinny fit and NOT the same jeans. I even layed them on top to compare the sizes and it's way off! What in the world? Look at the pictures in Customer Images for reference.

I don't know if Amazon is selling fake Levis, if Levis just happened to change their jeans completely recently (not likely), or these are just outlet type sales, but these are NOT the 510s I was hoping for.

Big letdown, 1 star. I'm literally never buying jeans from Amazon again, and will tell others to stay away from their clothing department. I love Amazon, I guess I'll just have to forget about buying clothes from them.
66 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2014
_____________________________
EDIT2: So I took another chance and tried another pair of 510's and I'm dropping my review to one start because these have quickly become the most inconsistent fitting jeans ever. I had several pairs of 510's that I loved and eventually wore out, but it has been years since I've had any kind of consistency with these jeans.

This time I ordered the "Midnight" wash, 30x30, and these things are weirdly baggy. I don't know if they're made a little big so they shrink to size in the wash, or what. 510's have just become a mystery - a frustrating mystery fit.

_____________________________
EDIT1: So, my previous review was a little incorrect. The pair I bought were actually a little baggy when I got them and they stayed that way. The good news is that they didn't shrink at all when washed on cold. The bad news is they just don't fit well.
_____________________________

This issue is both a beef with the Amazon description that claims these are 98% cotton and the jeans themselves.

Firstly, the jeans arrived and they are 99% cotton, not the 98% in the description.

Why does this matter? Because I've had a lot of 510's, and when you're talking about "skinny jeans", you're talking about a fine line between a little baggy and too tight to move. For my build, the 99% cotton fit perfectly until you wash them, at which point if you're even slightly muscular they will stick to your calves and thighs like body paint and may require surgical removal. Even wash cold/tumble dry low (the only way I wash them) will shrink them irreparably. If you like the fit when you try them on, the only way to wash these jeans is to hand-wash them and hang-dry them, which is a pain.

Several 510 washes are actually 98% cotton and 2% elastine (like the jet, and a couple of grey washes), which hold their original shape quite well as long as they are washed properly (cold wash, low dry).

Just be careful if you don't have experience with these jeans. Only buy a 99% cotton wash if you're prepared to hand-wash them or if you WANT to have them tighten up.
on October 23, 2015
I'm not sure if this jean is original or fake Levis or does not perform quality control garments.
Levi's Men's 510 Skinny Fit Jean, Barbary, 30x30
review image review image
on July 18, 2015
So, I purchased these jeans (Rigid Grey) during the "marvelous" Prime Day-- I figured that 20.99 Levis would be a steal. Upon ordering, I saw that other customers were having the problems with the legitimacy of the jeans and, needless to say, it put me into a place of skepticism and doubt.

Once the jeans came in the mail (on time, of course), I immediately ripped open the package and inspected the jeans. Additionally to the usual Levi's tags, there were a couple of size tags that I was unfamiliar with, further deepening my skepticism. The jeans felt a little bit thinner than my other 510's and scratchier as well. Color-wise, the jeans were about one shade darker than what I was expecting.

I put on the jeans and found that, contrary to appearances, they actually fit relatively well. They were 1 1/2 inches too loose around the waist and 2 inches too long, but I was impressed with the slim fit around the thighs and calves. With a belt on, they still look rather legitimate and oddly professional.

So while they may not have the traditional Levi's feel or fit, they are nonetheless great jeans for the price above, as they boast skinny features and a sleek finish.
on November 20, 2013
I have almost every color variation of these 510 skinny jeans, I love all of them and for the price, in my opinion there are no better jeans out there. I noticed the sizes seem to vary a fair amount from color to color... maybe this is just a result of mass produced things but I have ordered the exact same 34x32 size in Dark Blue (which fits the tightest and are by far the most stretchy) Black (A little large in the crotch area and seemed the have more room throughout the entire leg as well as it seemed to be almost an inch longer) Rigid Dragon (Almost no stretch to them at all which gives a great dressy look but beware of available movement...there's not a ton, these have a great almost shiny finish though which is why I bought the grey ones in rigid) Grey Rigid (Looks almost like dress pants in certain lights, very cool finish, but these were the largest of all the ones I have purchased so far... They are even slightly longer and and more baggy than the black pair I have but hopefully they will shrink up a bit after a wash or two... even though there's a tag on these that urges you to not wash them until you have to due to the rigid grey wash)

Again these are great jeans, just wish they had slightly better quality control or would warn you of possible size differences.
on December 24, 2014
I am saddened to discover the pants that I had once found to fit me fine are now different. I'm a lean, skinny guy and these used to be perfect.

I once tried the 511's, but they were too baggy. I do not know what the difference between the new 510's and the 511's. They're exactly the same now! They don't even taper in the calf region.

Did the definition of skinny change recently?

I may try the 510 commuter jeans because they're catered toward cyclists and have nice features. Let's hope nothing has changed with those.
on June 9, 2015
you won't be happy with this item if you think the Jean is going to look like the photo. I bought them thinking they would be lighter color however when I received them they look totally different. I think Amazon and Levi need to work better to make sure the photo represents what they are selling
on December 29, 2014
I am reordering this specific pant from amazon because it is the best price I can find and prime eligible. My last pair lasted some 5 years before I lost them- yes, I lost my pants, and it was indeed a sad day.

These fade nicely if you put em in hot and frequent washes, otherwise the color stays true with proper care.

UPDATE: After a week of wear I can say these are not the jeans I used to know. The cut has become more baggy and the general crotch and upper thigh area no longer tappers as fitted as before. The waist now sits at least 3 inches higher then before. If you are buying these to replace an old pair be sure you can return them if you are not into this new cut. I am quite disappointed in this change... just check out the levi's site to see what other are saying about the changes: http://reviews.us.levi.com/1341/3205549/reviews.htm