Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide

Showing 1-10 of 1,880 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,981 reviews
on July 12, 2013
Pros: Fits/Flatters a Pear Shaped Lady!
Cons: Sizing was a little bit of a guess for me!

Sizing Guide (Hope this can help someone out):
I checked out the sizing guide on Levi's and it was suggesting a size 16 or larger. I threw caution to the wind and ordered a 12. It fits perfect.

Standing with my feet shoulder width apart, taking measurements as I exhaled, wearing panties that I normally would with jeans...

"Muffin Top" Measurement: 40"
Proper Hip (Called "Seat" on Levi's Website): 41.5"
Low Hip (around your bottom's largest point): 43.5"
Thigh (At widest point): 25.5"
Inseam: 32"
Size Ordered: Size 12

Fit Notes:
-The inseam length is perfect for my 32" inseam legs.
-Size 12 fits perfect - would have picked this size if I'd bought in a store
-I would love if the rise was just an inch higher to give my hips a little more "suck in shape" - so I would recommend (pear shaped gals) to use hip shapewear for that smooth look
- More flare might be good for pear shaped women - but the sleek bootcut keeps the legs looking slim. Would be good paired with heels or flats.

Inseam: 32"
22 comments| 254 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2016
I bought three different colors of these jeans, all the same size (16 short). I *love* the Outpost* color and fit--soooo soft and stretchy, but they don't sag, no waist gap, fit great through the thighs and knees, and just the right amount of flare at the bottom. Perfect length, too -- so many short length pants are TOO short for me (5'3") but these are perfect. I haven't measured but I'd guess the inseam is 30-31" (though it may be shorter in smaller sizes). They aren't slim fitting "sexy" jeans, but perfect for me for everyday wear. I love them so much I bought a second identical pair.

I had less luck with the Abbott Indigo color, very close but a smidge tighter all over, and not nearly as soft, so I returned those.

The Western Hue color was my least favorite, and was cut slightly different -- noticeably, uncomfortably tighter in the waist, but unflatteringly wider through the knee (and I normally like a stovepipe cut), with the same width at the hem. They also had different labelling -- the leather tag at the back waistband did not say "Levi Strauss" and looked cheaper, and the price tags also didn't say "Levi's" in the logo (though it did say Levi's in fine print). I'm not sure if they were actually counterfeit, or just made in a different factory, but they weren't the same and went back.
on October 17, 2015
When I say I this jeans are amazing and feel so good I mean it! I have hips and booty for days and this jeans feel and fit so good!! I love the color, I plan on wearing my western jean denim Gap shirt with these. Look great together! I'm looking for my next pair of Levi's 529 right now to purchase. Also delivery was fast!! Also I usually always get long in length but they didn't have it so I chose medium length (to wear my knee boots over) but they are long enough for me.
review image review image
on February 25, 2017
Purchased the Abbott Indigo in 32/14 L. I'm 5'9" and weigh 165 lbs. Measurements are 33" waist, 40"hips, 25" thighs, 33" inseam. I finally resorted to measuring myself because I couldn't find a pair of jeans that fit my waist AND hips. Like others I typically had the gap around the waist. I use to wear the Levi 550 which were discontinued. These fit very similar with room in the thigh and butt. I've washed them twice with no shrinkage. I don't dry my jeans. As for stretching out, I haven't experienced anything more than just the typical stretch that occurs with the new jeans material today. I do still need to wear a belt as the waist is not snug, but there is no bunching of material and cinching tight like when there is the gap. These really do work for an hour glass shape! I usually wear a size 14 L and this 14L was true to size. Taking the time to type this in hopes of helping other women that are tired of trying on a pile of jeans and finding nothing that fits. A note to Levi's-two thirds of the US population is over weight or obese. Enough with 'skinny' jeans.
on June 28, 2017
Jeans shopping is usually extremely frustrating for me. I'm a pear shape. If I buy jeans big enough to fit my thighs and rear, they gap like crazy in the waist and in the front. If I find jeans that fit my waist, they're way too tight in the rear and thighs.

These have solved my jeans problem! Now I'll just continue to buy these and no other jeans as long as these exist. There's no waist gapping and they fit comfortably through the rear, hips, and thighs. I love the stretch in the fabric. I'm currently in the process of losing weight and I've gone from size 14 to 12. The 12s fit a lot better now, but the 14s still fit ok - just a little loose. I think one size of these really fits a broad range of measurements because of the stretch.

If you've had issues with waist gapping and jeans fitting too tightly through the rear and thighs in the past, try these. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, as I was.
on May 14, 2017
I agree with some of the other reviewers concerning the materiak. My first 3 original pairs which I have had for about 4 years was 99 % cotton. I have just received a new pair of 12 short in the western hue and they are very strechy which I don't like but will keep because I have no other choice in the material. Otherwise, they fit fine but I wish Levis would go back to the original material. The fabric is why I didn't rate them 5 stars. If anyone know if one of the different colors come in 99% cotton, please post.
on October 9, 2012
These are the best jeans ever - and they are not expensive either! I am curvy - large bottom and large hips, with a smaller waist - so it is hard to find jeans that fit my body. These jeans are perfect for me! I wish that Dockers came out with a similar fitting product because I would love to have khakis that fit like these jeans do.
on November 21, 2015
I've bought these same jeans for years, so I know the item and fit by heart. As soon as I looked at these jeans, I knew immediately something was off. The tags seemed different, and the inside tag had lots of foreign writing, characters I didn't even recognize. I thought they might have been written for the foreign market. Then I tried them on and again knew they weren't the real thing. The fit was off. One leg was definitely shorter than the other. I always order Tall and one side was at least and inch or so shorter. The leg seam was also somewhat twisted, giving an uncomfortable feel, so as I walked, I'd have to keep readjusting the leg. I am so disappointed. I love the convenience of ordering on Amazon and use this site for everything, but this is the second time I wasn't happy with ordering my jeans through them. I may have to buckle up and go back to the department store for a real pair. If these are real Levi's, then they must be seconds or irregulars. Not what I want to pay $39.99 for.
on October 29, 2016
Very comfortable and denim is so soft, fits like a dream. I'm a curvy "girls-girl," and for some reason, a lot of jeans aren't made for women who have women's bodies--hips, smaller in the waist, bigger bottom, normal legs. These jeans are snug on my nice features, and the dark wash is flattering. They feel good, and one nice thing also is the thickness of the denim. Old Navy is another of my favorite-fitting jeans, but the material just often feels "thin," or cheap. If you like how *Old Navy, *American Eagle, *Banana Republic (although the pants are often too long), and often *Abercrombie, "curvy" style jeans fit, you'll probably feel good in these jeans.

However, one thing to note- these jeans might be less...stylish? More "timeless," ? Not sure how to describe it, but the style is somewhat generic, or possibly made to fit with the Levi brand iconic style. So they don't hug my butt quite like American Eagle, and the front isn't low or doesn't have flattering stitching.
These aren't really dressy jeans - I consider them work jeans. I'm a scientist and work in a laboratory daily, these look good enough but not "too sexy." but I wouldn't probably pick them to wear out to eat or if i was dressing up to look cute.
on May 29, 2017
I bought several pairs of Levi's bootcut jeans in curvy (529), regular (515), relaxed (415) and in sizes 4 and 6. (Love those free returns!) These 529s in size 6/28 are the ones I kept. 529 "curvy" is a great fit for folks with a high hip-to-waist ratio.

The size chart said I'm a size 12, but I found size 6/28 to be the nice, slightly baggy fit I wanted. For reference, Ann Taylor & Gap size charts also say I'm size 12. I wear 2 and 4/27 respectively in their curvy bootcut jeans for a fitted look. Levi's is very similar to Gap curvy bootcut sizing: 4 is fitted on me, 6 is a little baggy on me.

I like the material as well. It feels sturdy. It's a little more coarse than some jeans which I hoping means it'll last longer before holes wear through. But I've only been wearing them for a week so far.

The pockets are a little small, even for typical ladies' jeans. I can still fit my keys at least.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.