Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 15, 2013
I did not know anything like this existed until I got a lamp and realized it was not enough light for my living room, which is in an old syle apartment with very little overhead lighting. Knowing that people have invented all kinds of things, I search for a way to turn one socket into two, and this came up while searching for an affordable adapter on Amazon.

I only bought one, even though I will want another, just to see how it does. I am using it with two energy saver lightbulbs, which in my opinion, while saving energy, do not seem as bright anyway as a traditional bulb. But I already had them and I think the swirled bulbs are harder to break (my dog likes to knock things over, so a regular bulb was too much of a worry), so I was glad I could screw both of them into one socket.

Even though it makes my bulbs stand taller, there is no problem at all with this adapter and I've been using it for a few weeks now. My lampshade is an open, bowl shape, so the light bulbs stick out of the top a little. I MAY invest in another shade eventually, just to hide the bulbs, but they don't look obvious unless you are staring at the lamp so it really does not take away from the look...

I think this was a really good investment for my dark, ancient apartment. Now I can see so much better and I don't have to turn on two lamps on opposite sides of the room. Much cheaper than installing more lighting, or buying freestanding lights.
on December 2, 2011
Used this to put 2 CFLs in that high socket to get more light - and it works!
Put a little WD40 on a paper towel and wipe the threads of this - and on the lamp sockets so they'll be easier to remove in a couple of years when they burn out. It keeps the lamps from seizing up.
44 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2013
I bought 4 of these and 3 of them the base metal twisted off the plastic and got stuck in the socket. I had to dig the metal out of the socket after shutting off the power first of course but it was a waste of time and now I only have one. I discovered that the 2 crimps that hold the metal in place were not done deep enough so if you buy these then make sure to use a penny to make the dimple deeper but not so much to tear the metal. It is very thin and will tear very easily.
on November 18, 2012
I've hated switching to CFL's. I loved the light output of a 250 watt incandescent bulb. There are CFL's that put out a lot of light, but good luck finding one that will fit within a normal lamp harp. This device helps make up most of the light deficit with the common CFL. There's not much to say about it. It just works. It's not elegantly designed or manufactured, but that doesn't matter when it's behind a lamp shade.

UPDATE: I've mostly switched to LED's, which at this time top out at 100W equivalent bulbs for models that don't have a built in fan. Fortunately this adapter still works for the heavier LED bulbs.
on September 25, 2014
Works for what it is intended to do but is not made like the ones in the old days.Cheap material,screwed into socket and it came right back out. Put back in again and did not try to tighten snug. Thank God I am using led bulbs in this fixture because I don't expect that this item would take frequent handling without breaking or wearing out. Price was right and in this case you get what you pay for
Good for a basement or garage light fixture to increase lighting. I would compare this light fixture to the new pop cans compared to the way the old ones were built.
on November 15, 2017
Used several of these with Leviton Ivory Plug-In Light Socket Outlet Adapter Plug and a power strip. Plug in fluorescent bulbs for a cheap and easy grow light.
on November 3, 2011
It's a decent product for the price, but it definitely feels cheaply made. If you screw the light bulb in too tight you will hear a crack noise and the metal at the base might even start to slip. As long as you don't put too much pressure on it you shouldn't have any problems. I have 4 or 5 of these and none of them have failed yet.
on February 28, 2016
I have purchased several of these twin socket light adapters. They work as described.
They give me the ability to use two of the new light bulbs that tend to have a softer
light than the old light bubs. They are just really a convenient way of adding more
light with the light bulbs of today. I am very pleased with this product. I would recommend
it to anyone needing more light in any area of their home. It makes it much easier to see
the fine print. I do not know how long they last, but I am sure that it is sufficient for the price
I paid.
on January 29, 2014
We use this in the garage when there is a single bulb outlet where we do our laundry. Before with just one bulb, it was dark, and just plain creepy. Now with the twin socket adapter it provides a nice warm feel and plenty of light. We tried the four socket adapter but that was just way too bright. Twin socket was just perfect. We've had it installed for two months and couldn't be happier.
on November 4, 2013
My order arrived promptly and in perfect condition.

The LEVITON adapter is a quality product with these features:

Light-socket adapter converts a single socket into a twin socket
Attractive ivory color nicely accommodates surrounding decor
15 amps; 660 watts; 250 volts; medium base
2-pole/2-wire design; cam-type; taper nose; UL-CSA rated
Measures approximately 4 inches long by 2 inches wide by 4 inches high.

I used the Leviton Adapter to replace a 60-Watt incandescent with two (2) 13-Watt squiggly CFLs. Laundry room is now twice as bright while I save 34 Watts of power. Should pay for itself in a couple of years. The brightness is a bonus.