Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Leviton 61 660 Watt, 125 Volt, Polarized Outlet-to-Lampholder Adapter, Brown
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Size Name: 1-Pack|Color Name: Brown|Change

on July 21, 2014
Does exactly what it is supposed to do. I was really glad to find this for my purpose of adding a remote controlled light in the garage. The garage has a fluorescent light fixture with a manual switch but that switch is in the garage. For various reasons I wanted to control a garage light from inside the house. So, I placed a light bulb in this adapter and plugged it into a remote adapter that plugged into the open outlet right next to the garage door plug. I can turn the light on with the remote from the other side of the garage door to the house and with the peephole can make sure the garage door is closed and secure. I also use another one when repainting baseboards, just plug it in the nearest outlet to have better lighting.
on January 10, 2012
This product just gets the job done! We have an outlet high on our wall, and plugging a light in is a pain with the cord dangling from the roof. So I bought this and it works great! Solid, secure, and minimalist. Highly recommended!
on July 17, 2013
This product seems rather cheaply put together, but so far it seems to do the job. I would have given it 3 stars, but bumped up to four because of the reasonable price. I'm not unhappy with the purchase, but would like to find something of better quality which I would happily pay more for.
on January 18, 2016
In my basement I have recessed can lighting and, for some reason, one random electrical outlet in the middle of the ceiling. I have no idea how it ended up there, and why a previous owner decided they wanted an electrical outlet instead of overhead lighting. But until I can have an electrician replace the outlet with a can light, I'm stuck with it. I decided to do a quick easy solution and buy this outlet to socket adapter. I just plugged it into the ceiling and screwed a lightbulb into it. Voila, cheap temporary overhead lighting for 4 dollars.
on February 20, 2014
When I ordered this lampholder, my concern was with its sturdiness, because some reviewers mentioned it was both cheap in price and quality.

My concerns turned out to be unfounded when I received it. The plastic was hard and sturdy, and this seem to be a simple well made product. I added a number more into my cart.

I just used the lampholder to test a new LED bulb I bought. Screwed in the bulb, and plugged the lampholder into a Coleman 3 socket strip. When I was going to pull out the lampholder, I received an electric shock. In fact my hand is still tingling from pain as I am typing this.

There is a potentially LETHAL flaw in the design of the lampholder. The depth of the shell is about 1/8" shallower than the length of a medium base connector, leaving the live connector exposed even when it is fully screwed into the lampholder.

See the photo I have uploaded.

This flaw is not present, for instance, in the Light Bulb Socket with Switch & Umbrella Mount for CFL photography and video - mounts to a light stand

Added 2014-12

One fix if you have already bought it will be to cover the exposed surface of the bulb base with electrical tape, if you are so inclined to. Same idea as how UK BS 1363 electrical plugs are specified to have about half of the length of the live and neutral prongs insulated to be finger safe. Still, there is some risk if changing to another bulb and you forget to be careful.
77 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2013
Leviton 61-I 15 Amp, 660 Watt, 125 Volt, Outlet-to-Lampholder Adapter, Ivory

Good with color changing LEDs

Magic Lighting LED Light Bulb and Remote with 16 Different Colors and 5 Modes
on January 22, 2014
This a good old-school Leviton product. It works as always. I needed this to run a lamp located where no fixture was located and the outlet was near the ceiling. Using a Cree LED bulb and it works.
on February 5, 2014
I have nothing negative to express about this product. I used 37 of them to better fit my soffit light fixtures so that I can use a shorter LED bulb. They have held up well for about four years outdoor; albeit, protect by the soffit and can fixtures.
on June 7, 2013
We knew what we needed, but weren't sure it even existed. When we found this Leviton adapter, we knew our problem was solved. Now we have bright light near the floor, where our low-vision kitty needs it at night.

We were prepared for a much higher price, so we were delighted to find this one, at an unbelievably low price.

The outlet adapter was delivered on time, and in perfect ready-to-use condition by Deerso.
on June 29, 2015
They work... Built my own battery pack and inside is a power inverter with a 120volt plug on the top. Used one of these to convert it to a light bulb and now we can light up the whole camp site! Used for 2 nights at 3 hours each night. Sturdy design, did not get warm, used a 55 watt light bulb. One prong is larger than the other so......