Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 780 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 821 reviews
I bought dimmable LED lights for my dining room chandelier. My old dimmer couldn't shut them off for some strange reason. They would dim, but never shut off completely. I put this one in and love that it has a separate rocker switch to break power to the bulbs. The slide dimmer is smooth and works very well. Just make sure your power box where your current light switch is mounted has a neutral wire accessible in it. Some homes have remote switches that carry current from a junction box at the light fixture down to the switch. You can easily determine this by pulling out the switch and looking in the box. If there are two wires attached to the switch (one hot, the other switched), and nothing else is in the box, you do not have a neutral. Fortunately, my switch was between the power source and the light fixture and the neutral and hot wires pass thru the box.
on May 19, 2016
This product has two good things going for it: First, it's a very sturdy plastic, and second, when I installed it with several LED's, there was no flickers. There's a nice switch at the bottom to completely shut the bulbs off, and when you turn the lights on or off using the switch, there's a pleasant fade in or out effect, almost like a capacitor is charging or discharging. It's been an effective product (I bought three) and it's worth the price.
on March 18, 2017
We have 8 of these in our house, all with LED bulbs and are very happy with their performance. All of our bedrooms have 4 can lights in the ceiling tray and these dim ten perfectly.
on March 7, 2016
Very happy with this dimmer, using it to control three dimmable LED's over my dining area. The install was simple, looks great and none of that buzzing noise some dimmers produce. Can also be wired for a three way installation if needed. A-Ok in my book
review image
on February 4, 2017
I installed two of these dimmers: one to control LED recessed lights and one to control incandescent pendants. The slider mechanism operates very smoothly; dimming range is more than adequate. Ever better, there is no hum when the lights are dimmed. There is a small switch (not visible when the dimmer is installed) to select the type of lighting being controlled: LED, CFL, or incandescent. The physical size of the unit behind the plate is thinner than that of a conventional incandescent dimmer, so there was no problem with fitting wires into the switchbox. Overall, an excellent dimmer.
on August 30, 2014
I installed this dimmer in a bathroom, to dim LED lights, and for the first few weeks I was real glad I bought it. I varied the load between a maximum of 72 watts and 16 watts. Prior to installing it I had no idea my spouse would like super-dim bathroom lighting. After installing it, I was surprised to find that she preferred to turn the light down to its lowest setting.

However after a few weeks, the dimmer stopped dimming all the way, and now does not dim nearly as much as it did before. I speculate that this might be because the bathroom gets super steamy, because one family member takes very long baths, though we do have a 70cfm exhaust fan installed. So maybe it will work well in most bathrooms. So I'm going to try out a Lutron MACL-153M in hopes that it will last.

/-------------------

PROS:

I'm a novice with electrical wiring. This item is easy to install if you study the wiring diagram in the installation instructions, and understand that the incoming hot wire from the mains current is black and the outgoing hot wire to the light fixture is red.

CONS:

== one thing I do not like about this product is the lowest dim setting is not low enough. Or maybe the dim setting is low as is technically possible, given the electronics of LED bulbs.

== another thing I do not like, that seems to apply to all the modern dimming devices, is that all are sliders, and none use a knob that one twists. I think the twist knobs afforded great control.
on August 12, 2017
Purchased along with "Sunco Lighting 6 PACK - LED Candelabra Bulbs." Works great together. Quick to install. The lowest setting on the dimmer doesn't go completely dark but that's just fine; is low enough to just barely illuminate the room. When sliding it has a smooth feel and the lights dim gradually, seems to have easing and faring built into the circuit so it's never jolting even if you quickly shove the slider to the opposite end of the range. Overall, the best dimmer I've owned so far.
on April 20, 2017
These work well, they're a little wider than normal switches, so be mindful if you want to put multiple in the same box.

While not really a problem with the dimmer, make sure you buy LEDs (or other bulbs) that are meant to run off a dimmer. I found some of my older LEDs which aren't certified for dimmers work as long as there's no power fluctuations from the grid... the newer ones specifically purchased to use with these work perfectly through the entire dimmer range.
on May 21, 2017
Really great switch, works perfectly with LEDs. Dimming is done gradually, even from the off position, which allows your eyes to adjust to the light changes. This is especially nice when you walk into a dark room an turn the light on to full power.

The only issue I've run into is that the design of the slide doesn't match any of the fan controllers Leviton makes, so I'll probably be replacing it with a model that will be visually similar to the fan controller.
on October 5, 2015
Switch installed with under cabinet lighting in one home and over head LED lighting in another. I have most of my home automated but needed a dimmer for LED lighting with a better control. This switch does the trick. Easy install, works great. (Switch is in the center of the photo.)
review image