|Item Weight||6.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.1 x 1.4 x 4.1 inches|
|Item model number||DH1KD-1BZ|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Plug Profile||Wall Mount|
|Included Components||Device, Color Change Kit|
Leviton DH1KD-1BZ 1000W Decora Smart Dimmer, Works with Apple HomeKit
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- HOMEKIT: Control from anywhere and create schedules when paired with an Apple TV, Home Pod, or iPad and the Apple Home app.
- DECORA SMART HOME APP: Leviton Decora Smart Home app provides custom settings and local control over connected lights – dim/brighten your lights individually or turn off entire room at once.
- VOICE CONTROL: Use Siri to turn lights on/off or dim with just your voice, “Siri, Dim Foyer Chandelier to 33%”.
- RATINGS: Requires Neutral Wire; Dimmable LED and CFL loads up to 450W and incandescent loads up to 1000W
- MULTI-LOCATION: Facilitates multi-location (3-way) dimming with up to 4 remote units (DD00R).
- LEVITON: Making your home smarter and safer since 1906. Designed, engineered, and supported in USA with a 5-Year Limited .
Frequently bought together
Featured items you may like
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Is a neutral wire required with Leviton Decora Smart HW6HD/DH1KD/DH15S In-Wall Devices?
Yes, a neutral wire is required for use with Leviton Decora Smart.
Does 3-way/multi-location capability exist with the Leviton Decora Smart DH6HD/DH1KD/DH15S In-Wall Devices?
Yes, utilize DD00R wired remotes when paired with a DH6HD or DH1KD. Use a DD0SR wired remote when paired with a DH15S.
Does this require an Apple HomePod or Apple TV for remote access and scheduling?
Yes. Local control requires nothing additional, but remote control and schedules need a compatible hub including Apple TV or HomePod.
Is installation simple?
Yes, simply replace your existing dimmer or switch and ensure you have a neutral wire (to power the communication radio and keep time).
Compare with similar items
Leviton DD00R-DLZ Decora Digital Matching Dimmer Remote, 120VAC, 60Hz,White, Ivory, Light Almond
Lutron Caseta Smart Start Kit, Dimmer Switch with Smart Bridge and Wall Mount Pico Adapter, Works with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and the Google Assistant | P-BDG-PKG1W-A | White
Leviton DZ6HD-1BZ Decora Smart 600W Dimmer with Z-Wave Technology, White/Light Almond, Repeater/Range Extender
Kasa Smart Dimmer Switch by TP-Link, Single Pole, Needs Neutral Wire,WiFi Light Switch for LED Lights, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant,UL Certified, 1-Pack(HS220)
Leviton DDKIT-E Decora Digital/Decora Smart Dimmer Color Change Kit, Black
|Sold By||Amazon.com||1000 Bulbs||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||2.10 x 1.40 x 4.10 inches||2.12 x 1.43 x 4.13 inches||9.38 x 6.00 x 5.63 inches||2.10 x 1.40 x 4.10 inches||5.00 x 3.40 x 1.80 inches||1.10 x 1.20 x 2.00 inches|
Apple HomeKit technology provides an easy, secure way to control lights and more from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Free “Leviton Decora Smart Home” app provides advanced lighting control settings including fade rate, minimum/maximum brightness, LED response activity, bulb type selection and more. Full range dimming (bright to dark) with adjustable fade rates and customizable settings via the app. Engineered to work with sensitive, low-wattage bulbs, ensuring “off means off”. It uses the latest generation of Leviton’s dimming technology for smart lighting control for a single LED bulb in a hallway or a strand of holiday lights, ensuring LEDs do not glow when off. Rated for dimmable CFL and LED loads up to 450W; incandescent and fluorescent up to 1000W. 120V, 60Hz, neutral required. DH1KD is for use with HomeKit installations and utilizes the Apple TV for scheduling and remote access capabilities. If creating a comprehensive smart home via hub like Samsung SmartThings, Leviton recommends the DZ1KD. If you do not wish to use a hub but still desire voice controls and select third-party device integration, Leviton recommends the DW1KD. Screwless wallplate shown, but not included. Optional screwless wallplates available in several colors and sizes.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Adjusting score to 3/5 to reflect changes in the market and Leviton's perplexing decision to keep their product lines separated as either HomeKit or Google/Alexa/Nest. I can see no reason to limit the HomeKit version of the product from also supporting Google/Alexa/Nest while competitors build more universal smart switches. Initially I felt the switch was a good value, but now it's clear to me that being limited to either set of eco-systems represents a complete dead-end to the product line. Do you really want to change all your light switches if you decide to change phones or smart speakers? All that being said, if you're 100% committed to either eco-system then yeah it's an ok price and despite some other limitations it's pretty ok.
I've had a few (3 or 4) instances where the switch showed up in HomeKit as unavailable. Each time I was able to address the issue by power-cycling the device (gently pull the bottom of the side dimmer control and it will pop-out about 1/3 of an inch, wait 30 seconds, then push it back in). Overall I still feel ok with the purchase and am comfortable leaving the score at 4/5 as it's not a perfect product but it's generally ok. I stand by my statement that I probably won't purchase additional units however due to the limitation of only support the HomeKit platform when other smart speakers are becoming more popular.
Raising score to 4/5. The bug related to custom preset levels has been addressed. I've removed that item from the con's list below. Overall this continues to be a pretty decent smart dimmer for the price. I'm not sure I'll continue purchasing more Leviton dimmers however as competitors prices have come down and offer more support for Alexa, HomeKit, Google, and IFTTT all in one package. If Leviton could support all of these services in one product I'd feel comfortable giving it a 5/5 rating despite some other minor improvements I'd like to see made to the product.
At a mid-tier price point of ~$55 this is probably one of the better smart dimmers on the market today and comes with a pretty good 5-year warranty. If you can spend ~$99 per dimmer there are better options in the market with more universal connectivity (Alexa, HomeKit, Google and generic WiFi all in the same model) and a better fit/finish. Overall it’s a decent initial offering from Leviton. With some firmware/software changes (see below) it could instantly become more compelling and make up for the fit/finish issues.
* 5 year warranty (probably the best you’ll find at the moment for a smart switch).
* Works with HomeKit.
* No hub required.
* Can dim larger loads (up to 1000W incandescent with the right model).
* 3-way switch compatible (with the correct matching switch).
* Comes packaged with White & Light Almond faces, and other colors are available.
* Can set a custom preset level.
* Can set fade speeds
* Can create schedules.
* Buzzes (not terrible but it’s audible. Could just be the LED lights I have, your results may vary).
* Pairing process was difficult for the HomeKit version and didn’t work for me without using the Leviton Decora Smart app.
* If you choose the HomeKit or Alexa versions of these switches you’re locked into one platform or the other, and they use separate apps for each type further increasing complexity - making it difficult to control your lights all in one place.
Software/Firmware Feature Requests:
(These should all theoretically be possible today without hardware changes)
* Double tap top portion of switch to go to 100% letting you still use a pre-set level, but also bringing the lights up to full if desired. Currently you have to press and hold the side dimmer to bring it up to full if you use a pre-set. It’s a small thing but pretty annoying the feature isn’t there today.
* Wake-up timer to slowly dim lights on in the morning over a period of time.
* For the HomeKit version the setup process should be possible only using HomeKit & not requiring Leviton app.
* Enable HomeKit support for the Alexa version of the dimmer now that Apple no longer requires a hardware authentication chip for HomeKit.
* Consolidate control of smart switches into one universal app. For users with both the Alexa model and the HomeKit model it’s pretty crummy to have to use multiple Leviton apps to control lighting.
* For the Alexa version of the switch - the Leviton App on iOS will log you out making you log back in randomly which is less than ideal.
Hardware Requests for Version 2:
* Simplify the current 4 platform versions (Alexa/Google, HomeKit, Z-Wave, Bluetooth) of the smart dimmers/switches to 1 universal version. Having 4 platform versions of the switch is unnecessarily complex.
* Fit and finish is not great: The side dimmer rocker feels great, but the main paddle has so much slop it just feels cheap. The paddle does not sit flush with the faceplate and protrudes 1/8”. Having “Leviton” and “decora smart” visible on the paddle face further reduces the quality esthetic. Does anyone really want branding on their home products? It’s baffling as to why this decision was made.
^ I would be willing to pay for a better engineered face with tighter tolerances and all branding removed.
* Reduce buzzing.
* Make switch more shallow so it can fit in smaller spaces if possible.
* Energy monitoring would be cool!
The biggest issue is getting LED bulbs that do not buzz. My whole house has decent Philips LED flood lights but this dimmer makes them buzz nonstop, at any brightness except fully off. You can’t hear it over the TV but if you are sitting under the light reading you will hear it, even with 10ft ceilings, probably much worse in a shorter place. Make sure you go to the Leviton website and find LED bulbs they verified to work with this switch - it’s an absolute must. For this reason alone I dock a star, because I needed to buy half a dozen new bulbs and sadly none of the were able to fully match my existing bulbs leading to a slight difference on this circuit.
Also note there is a bulb type setting in the app but switching doesn’t do much. Also the switch itself buzzes when on, even with approved LED bulbs. I can’t seem to fix this, but luckily it isn’t noticeable unless your ear is within a foot or so of the switch.
I recommend going with a different supplier. Leviton is horrible.