|Item Weight||8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.5 x 3 x 2.5 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||031-VRMX1-1LZ|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||N/A|
Leviton VRMX1-1LZ 1000W Vizia RF Z-Wave Universal Scene Capable Dimmer, White/Ivory/Light Almond, Works with Amazon Alexa
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Works with Amazon Alexa to support dimming through voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately)
- Universal Z-Wave dimmer for LED (450W), CFL (450W), incandescent (1000W) and halogen bulbs with upgraded 4.5.4 library
- Features include: scene capable, user pre-set 'on level', user pre-set minimum brightness before turning off, energy save mode, 49 different fade rates, transient surge suppression built-in
- Local and remote dimming from Leviton Vizia RF+ or other ZWave controllers; Can be used in 3-way, multi-way circuit by using matching VP00R remote switch or virtual 3-way with VRCZ1-1LZ
- See LED bulb compatibility in the technical specifications below (comparison chart PDF)
- Requires neutral wire for installation
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
The Z-Wave Universal Dimmer features the latest generation of Leviton’s dimming technology for the Vizia RF+ family of Z-Wave energy management and lighting control products. Designed for the future, it supports dimmable LED and CFL technologies, and includes support for legacy incandescent, halogen, Mark 10, and magnetic lighting loads. The mesh networking capabilities make it easy to retrofit in existing residential spaces.
What Makes Vizia RF “Advanced”?
In addition to universal lighting support, the VRMX1 provides support for state-of-the-art Z-Wave commands including security, network wide inclusion, and beaming. The highly advanced Vizia RF+ device provides two-way feedback, is scene capable, includes 49 different fade rates and features user pre-sets for powering on and minimum brightness. Also features transient surge suppression built-in. Can be used in 3-way, multi-way circuit by using matching VP00R remote switch or virtual 3-way with VRCZ1-1LZ. The UL required air gap switch disconnects power from load locally. It is concealed during normal operation and is accessible without moving the wallplate.
Featuring Leviton’s Decora brand design, the VRMX1 blends into any home or apartment. The switches showcase innovative styling with a horizontal LED locator and brightness indicator bar. Additionally, two robust snap-in color change kit options are included for ultimate in flexibility and future proof design.
What Are the Ratings?
The VRMX1 is rated for dimmable CFL and LED loads up to 450W; incandescent and halogen loads up to 1000W; magnetic low voltage loads up to 1000VA; fluorescent ballast loads up to 1000VA.
Integration with Home Automation Systems
The Leviton VRMX1 is universally supported by most home automation and security systems with Z-Wave energy management technology, including Leviton’s popular Omni automation systems. It is also optimized for use with Z-Wave door locks.
- Universally supported by most security systems with Z-Wave capabilities
- State-of-the-art Z-Wave commands including security, network wide inclusion, and beaming
- Easy to retrofit in existing residential applications
- Supports dimmable LED and CFL technologies, and includes support for legacy incandescent, halogen, Mark 10, and magnetic lighting loads
- Perfect for use with VRPD3 and VRPA1 Universal Plug-In Modules
The Vizia RF + 1,000-Watt Low-Voltage Z-Wave LED/CFL Dimmer from Leviton features the latest generation of Leviton's dimming technology for the VIzia RF + family of Z-Wave energy management and lighting control products. It is designed for the future and supports dimmable LED and CFL technologies. It includes support for legacy incandescent, halogen, Mark 10 and magnetic lighting loads. The mesh networking capabilities make it easy to retrofit in existing residential spaces.
Top customer reviews
One feature that not all dimmers have is the two way status update. I believe this feature to be critical as it sends its status to the automation hub rather than needing to be polled. The main difference is that you can see its status (on/off/dim level) faster. When I look at the status of the devices in my house I expect them to be current at all times otherwise it diminishes the value and usefulness, also, some automations may benefit from immediate status availability (i.e. if the light does not turn on fast enough based on a condition you set, it might come on when it is no longer needed).
As most dimmers this unit supports incandescents, CFLs, and LEDs however I do not see any reason to use anything but LEDs. LED bulbs do cost more, but the light is better, they supposedly last years, and use a fraction of the power.
With regards to another reviewer's comment about the 14W minimum, I'd like to add that that minimum applies to incandescent lights only. The instructions say: Incandescent: 300W max, 14W min. - LED/CFL: 100W. Make sure that the LED or CFL bulbs you use are actually compatible with dimmers. It is written on the bulb's packaging and bulb's neck.
A simple but useful feature is that this dimmer will remember its status during a power outage so if the light was on when the power went out, the lights will be on when the power comes back.
A common application I have for these dimmers is to automatically turn on a supplemental floor/table lamp when I turn on the main light in the room, especially if you have a ceiling fan that is typically limited in how much light it can output.
Another application is simply to have Amazon’s Alexa turn it on/off, dim up/down the lights (automation hub required!)!
- This switch is scene capable which means it can be included in a ZWave scene. This is an important tidbit as not all Zwave switches are scene capable. To my surprise, the GE/JASCO switches are not scene capable. I would never have thought a Zwave switch would be anything but yet sure enough the GE/JASCO switch I tested did not show up in my scene management on my Homeseer controller and further research on the internet confirmed it.
- This switch has a multitude of available color change kits. Many other lines do not. Good news for me as my cabin has a dark cedar interior so I needed brown.
- Zero issues getting any of my switches recognized on my network and all of the switches were very quick and responsive to scene commands sent from my primary controller as well as wall mounted scene controllers.
- The "matching remotes" that go with this switch are awesome in that you can adjust dim levels from the remote just the same as the dimmer. Very nice.
- This switch uses stranded copper leads instead of screw terminals or push in connections. These leads require wire nuts to connect and ultimately leads to more crowded electrical boxes as now you have extra wire and a bunch of wire nuts packed in the box compared to a switch that uses screw terminals. As these switches are already considerably deeper than a standard switch and a bit deeper than a standard dimmer, this is not helpful. A lot of people are going to have trouble fitting these into their boxes. My boxes have an extra 1/4" to 1/2" as they are set back and have an extension and even then it was a tight fit in a few of them. If your boxes are already crowded, you are going to have a bad time. This item and this item alone warrant -1 star. If they changed these to screw terminals, I'd give them a full 5 stars. Others may feel differently and prefer flying leads.
- A touch cheap feeling but not terrible. I think this is a requirement of the design that allows you to change colors so easily. No points taken off.
- The manual dimming function is accomplished by a difficult to press tiny strip that dims on one side and brightens on the other. If you like to mess with dimming levels manually on a regular basis, you will consider this a FLAW. If you like to pick a setting and then stick with it and want a switch that isn't easy to "bump" out of your favorite setting by accident, then you will consider this a FEATURE.
Most recent customer reviews
None of this things dimensions are 0.5". I bought these unit specifically because they said they were a half inch in one of the dimensions and I...Read more