|Item Weight||5.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.8 x 2.3 x 4.5 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||X7592-W|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||Electrical|
|Special Features||Tamper Resistant|
|Warranty Description||2 year limited.|
Leviton X7592-W 15 Amp, Slim Guide Light GFCI, SmartLockPro, Monochromatic, Back and Side Wired, Self-Grounding Clip, Tamper Resistant, White
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sensor provides automatic ON/OFF based on ambient lighting
- Is energy-efficient, uses approx. 1W of electricity - No bulbs to replace
- Saves space by eliminating the need to use an outlet for a plug-in night light
- Reduced depth of SmartlockPro Slim GFCI makes it easier to install in any electrical box, even shallow ones
- Automatically tests the GFCI every time the RESET button is pushed in. The GFCI will not reset if the GFCI circuit is not functioning properly
There is a newer model of this item:
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The SmartlockPro Slim GFCI/Guide Light is a great way to add an extra element of safety when it’s dark without losing outlet space in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, hallways and hospitality guest suites. Instead of plugging in a nightlight which takes up an outlet space, this device offers dual LED guide lights that turn On and Off automatically based on light levels and uses only 1W of electricity. The Slim GFCI/Guide Light is tamper-resistant to meet current National Electrical Code requirements for child safety, includes a line-load reversal indicator to aid in diagnosing wiring errors during installation, and provides our patented reset lockout feature that will not allow a GFCI to be reset if it is not properly powered and able to provide protection. Designed to be the most compact GFCI on the market, the device’s reduced depth makes it easier to install in an electrical box.
Typical GFCI (under left image), SmartlockPro GFCI (under right image).
Slim, Sleek Build for Easy Installation
The SmartlockPro Guide Light GFCI boasts a reduced depth that makes it easier to install in any electrical box, even a shallow one. Compared to other GFCIs, its slim size provides up to 25 percent more space in the wallbox, and it mounts flush to the wall with minimal protrusion for a sleek, finished look.
Simple Wiring Options
Both back and side wire capable, the SmartlockPro Guide Light GFCI’s terminals allow for easy wiring options. Back wire clamps provide visual indication of proper wire seating, eliminating guesswork.
Tamper-Resistant Design Helps Protect Against Electrical Injuries
Because it's tamper resistant, the SmartlockPro Guide Light GFCI is ideal for use in new or renovated single and multi-family housing, schools, libraries and childcare facilities. It features an interior shutter mechanism that blocks access to the contacts unless a two-prong plug is inserted. This helps to ensure that hairpins, keys, and other items will be locked out to help protect children from electrical injuries.
Built to Last with Advanced Technology
Designed to provide years of reliable performance, the SmartlockPro Guide Light GFCI withstands high torque and resists wire pullout. Its patented reset lockout feature automatically tests the GFCI every time the 'Reset' button is pushed in. The GFCI will not reset if its circuit is not functioning properly. Additionally, its trip threshold meets or exceeds UL requirements for tripping time, and its electronics design provides strong resistance to electrical surges and over-voltages.
Compatibility and Warranty Information
The SmartlockPro Guidelight GFCI is compatible with all Decora devices and wallplates. It is backed by a manufacturer's two-year limited warranty.
- Reduced depth makes for easier installation in any electrical box.
- Sensor provides automatic On/Off based on ambient lighting.
- Is energy-efficient, uses approx. 1W of electricity - No bulbs to replace.
- Custom designed lenses with edge-mounted LEDs improve light dispersion.
- Tamper-resistant mechanism is designed to help protect children from electrical hazards.
Leviton X7592-W 15 Amp, Slim Guide Light GFCI, SmartLockPro, Monochromatic, Back and Side Wired, Self-Grounding Clip, Tamper Resistant, White The SmartlockPro Slim GFCI/Guide Light is a great way to add an extra element of safety when itâ€™s dark without losing outlet space in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, hallways and hospitality guest suites. Instead of plugging in a nightlight which takes up an outlet space, this device offers dual LED guide lights that turn On and Off automatically based on light levels and uses only 1W of electricity. The Slim GFCI/Guide Light is tamper-resistant to meet current National Electrical Code requirements for child safety, includes a line-load reversal indicator to aid in diagnosing wiring errors during installation, and provides our patented reset lockout feature that will not allow a GFCI to be reset if it is not properly powered and able to provide protection. Designed to be the most compact GFCI on the market, the deviceâ€™s reduced depth ma
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Before Buying, I read the reviews, and based my decision on them. The other reviews were dead on. Here are my thoughts:
1. It is a nice white light, which is just bright enough to keep you from needing to turn on the light in the bathroom at night.
2. The light sensor works great. The lights (there are 2) on the outlet dim as it senses other lights. All in all, very fancy.
3. Keep in mind that many outlets have a hot line in (line) and the wiring to the next outlet down the chain (load). Reversing these connections with cause issues. Make sure you are comfortable with handling house wiring before you purchase this. If you are not, consider a licensed electrician. You will pay handsomely to have someone else install this.
4. I am not sure, but I'd swear the "slim" line from Leviton is a wider outlet. I have a mix of normal and "slim" GFCI outlets, and they just seems fatter, which makes stuffing them into narrower boxes challenging. In fact, I think getting the outlet to look straight, level and flush is the biggest time-suck when installing these.
5. LASTLY, the "all is well" light on Levitons GFCIs are generally green. Not on this outlet, it is white. In fact, it matches the white "night lights" in the GFCI perfectly. Not a problem for me, but it would not match many of the other Leviton brand GFCIs if they happened to be within eye-shot of eachother.
I bought these because of reasons below:
1. I can have an extra socket to use. With traditional night lights, they are usually bulky and need to be plugged into one of the outlets. If you use a hair dryer and an electrical toothbrush every day like me, you'd end up having to plug and re-plug all the time, wearing out the outlet contacts.
2. These are not bulky. It's very subtle, fits well, and integrated. The LED light is bright enough to provide quite a glow at night so you can see where the bathroom is in the middle of the night. Some may say it's too bright, but I think it's just right. But brightness is subjective.
3. Has GFCI all built-in with the light. Not sure about other states, but in CA all new homes are required to have GFCI protection for all outlets in the bathroom. Having this built-in just gives an extra level of protection from ground faults and unwanted arcing.
If you care for the same reasons I have stated, I highly recommend trying it out. Installation is very easy and their instructions and wiring diagrams are clear for most typical standard outlet installation in the US.
i have gone through 6 night lights before finding this and i wish i would found this along time ago as i woulda saved so much money!!
This is one of the few items that fit the above criteria and it works well.
There are 2 guide lights on this item, and they are plenty bright. I would have to agree with others that there is significant light bleed in that you can see light coming from the prong holes, which makes this item seem kinda cheap.
It would also be nice if there were a way to control the brightness of the guide lights. I've purchased a model from Legrand-Pass & Seymour: https://www.amazon.com/Legrand-Pass-Seymour-NTL885TRWCC6-Nightlight-Outlets/dp/B00IOXCXOQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473139893&sr=8-1&keywords=receptacle+night+light
The Legrand receptacle is pretty sweet! It has no light bleed and has a button for you to control the intensity of the light (4 settings plus off). I would strongly recommend that product instead.
The two LEDs are bright enough to illuminate the bathroom vanity top I can see the sink and faucet handles. I would describe the light emitted as more of a glow. It has a pleasant bluish hue that is not hard on the eyes. The LEDs will go out when enough light is detected (sunlight of the lights being turned on), and come on again when the room is dark.
I wish I had found these years ago. I also wish Leviton would make a non-GFCI version of this receptacle (with two outlets).