Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on January 12, 2015
This is Lewis at a moment that I would not describe as professional comic. Although he is that. He really gets into his feelings and there are at times minutes that go by without a laugh. But everyone is listening. And then he will hit the audience with something that will make them laugh. But it's more the message. And Lewis appears to be feeling a lot of things here in Detroit. He talks about his generation and its inability to deliver the goods. Social Security is failing. Solar power has not come to pass in the US like it has in places like Germany. He talks about his parents who are clearly one of the most important things in his life. This is more like a talk than a polished comedy session and for those who love Lewis Black it is very satisfying. In my humble opinion Lewis and Bill Burr are the two greatest comedians in America today. They are both very angry and, at the same time, extremely skilled at making people laugh. They allow us to feel that life is both tragedy and comedy at the same time. That is an ability that is extremely uncommon. And most precious.
on December 27, 2011
One of the funniest things was Lewis holding up his phone and talking about all it;s features.....Outrageously funny because since then I have heard that Walmart can count every toothbrush that gets sold in any Walmart in the world, but MF Global 'lost' 1.2 BILLION and Corzine and JP Morgan have no clue where it went.....

I think we need to put Lewis with his bi partisan bite in Washington somehow....These clowns that we have keep screwing it up ROYALLY,,,notice I said ROYALLY because they do not loose one penny, they expect the GRUNTS to bail them out after they have mugged, raped, and screwed them......Lewis is Mark Twain Reincarnated....
on October 27, 2013
I ordered this based on the Carnegie performance I own on CD as well as what I've heard on SiriusXM. While most of the reviews seem positive, I've seen a few that weren't, and I ordered this yesterday, so we'll see. Generally I find him to be entertaining, not to mention spot on. He's an equal opportunist, calling BS when he sees it, regardless of political affiliation. And I feel it comes as high praise that George Carlin states Black as one of the funniest comedians in the last interview he gave before his death. Lew is angry, but for the right reasons.
on June 6, 2014
If you are a fan of Lewis Black's style of angry, "I told you so" brand of humor this is a good place to start. Lewis has a blunt, but readily Identifiable brand of "humor" that either turns you on to life's little twists and turns or turns you off. There is no middle ground. Recommended to the few "snowflakes" out there who want a further insight into the "Black World". IMO a very funny guy who grabs the warts of life and puts them center stage.
on March 22, 2017
Great.
on August 25, 2015
Black's humor depends on pretending to be furious; luckily he has plenty of reasons to indulge as he attacks Republicans and other right wingers, the religious right, left and center, and stupidity and hypocrisy wherever they appear. I like him, as you can probably guess. His cursing has point.
on December 6, 2013
I loved "Rules of Enragement", but the material from this concert wasn't quite as funny. He seems to emphasize ranting more and not so much the basic comedic elements like timing that worked so well in the past. Still entertaining, though.
on May 24, 2015
It was funnier eight years ago. Amazon should display the production date on its video collection. This should have been free on Prime.
on October 17, 2015
Lewis Black goes off on social issues and political commentary on current events. If anyone had a reason to be mad, Lewis always has a way to express it. Absolutely love this special.
on August 13, 2013
All I can say is I love this guy. His timing facial expressions and content make his brand of comedy not only funny down right hilarious as he seems in a slightly off beat metaphorical manner to want to beat stupid people situations and politics up with a bag of nickels. At the same time staying intellectual on some abstract level.