Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lewis N. Clark TSA-Approved Easy-to-Set Combination Luggage Lock With Steel Cable
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now

on January 25, 2011
This product is great if you are going to hostel. Most hostels have lockable lockers but often you need your own lock. Sometimes the holes to secure the locker are smaller than will fit a typical pad lock or they are arranged in a way that a rigid lock cannot fit. This lock has fit every locker I have used in the past two years!
VINE VOICEon July 28, 2012
I was leery of the flex cable since I've only used the old-style locks before. Well, there's no comparison, the flex cable is really the way to go. It's so easy for things to get bent and twisted when your luggage goes through the airport, so something that can flex and bend without being snapped is nice. I also like how easy it is to pop the cable in and out, it's really a quality lock that works very smoothly. Because of the flexible cable, it also works better than the old-style lock as a zipper pull if you just want to keep it on your luggage all the time, which is what I am now doing. I've flown with these locks multiple times all around the world and the airports have had no issues with them.
on August 4, 2013
No issues with the lock itself, it functions as described and it very easy to change the combination which was huge for me. I have 3 of these all set with the same code. With so many mixed reviews out there on travel locks it was hard to make a selection. I think the problem is that there is not one lock that works for all situations. For the majority of my bags these work perfectly and the flexible cable is great. I've even been able to use one lock to secure 2 zippers that were next to each other. However, on some of my bags the cable is too large to fit thru the holes on the zipper. I've got another bag that locks on the side and I feel like the loop is so large that is is likely to catch something/snag while in transit.

My advice is to buy these + a different type of lock and use the one that is best for that particular bag.
on May 23, 2012
Yes there are a million ways that someone can get into your bag during your travels, and even the TSA prefers that you not put any locks on a bag at all these days.
Personally I'm the sort that feels something is better than nothing. Having used two of these locks on a trip abroad last year, I can say that they held up well against conveyor belts, trolleys and the occasional gorilla.
I've had no trouble with either lock and will be keeping them for my next trip.
on September 15, 2008
At this low price (50% less than Tumi) these locks (which are virtually identical to Tumi cable locks) are better than the Tumi locks they give you with a Tumi bag purchase. The cable has the added ability to swivel/rotate so it doesn't get all bound up like one where the cable is firmly fixed on one end....This greatly improves the life of the locking cable...Of course they are TSA certified, so no worries when traveling in the USA
on August 6, 2012
Used six of these on 6 pieces of luggage of different brands. They served the purpose of security for my luggage as well as getting through airline security. On a trip I will not leave home without them on my luggage.
on April 1, 2009
I use this lock to lock the zippers on my bag up when I'm leaving it at work. The flexible lock thingie makes it easy to thread it through the holes on my computer bag. Highly recommend.
on September 26, 2011
We bought two of these lockS for a Russia, Finland and Norway trip and they worked flawlessly. We have since order two additional locks to use on our carry-on bags. Highly recommend these locks to all travelers.
on December 23, 2012
Compared to some older locks I have this one is so easy to use. The cable design (vs traditional rigid padlock) makes it easy to insert and the numbers on the lock are large enough for my older eyeballs to see.
on November 16, 2012
Used these for both travel to lock my suitcases, and while touring to secure my backpack against pickpockets. Allows quick and easy access to compartments without having to worry about dropping or losing a key, and very easy to reset combination. flexible wire lock means you can thread it through pretty much any kind of zipper or other loop, allowing you to secure just about anything.