Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lewis N. Clark Comfort Eye Mask, Blue, One Size
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on October 13, 2013
I suffer from migraines. It is really hard to find a product that will both block out light 100 percent and not apply pressure to the eyes. This product does not have to be tightly wrapped around your head in order to stay in place. The item also has extra padding along the lower eyeline and across the bridge of nose that ensures light does not creep up through the nose holes. I am in love with this product.... Animal lovers beware, though, because it is a fur magnet... I use a roller tape brush on mine.

Update 1/6/14... I have uploaded a picture to my profile to show what side that goes against eyes looks like. I still love this product and will buy more in future, whether for myself or as gifts.
review image review image
on January 22, 2012
I used a Dream Essentials eye mask for years (different ones), but always had an issue with it coming off during my sleep. My face is rather small, I'm a 5'2 inch woman weighing about 125 to give some reference. While I love the Dream Essentials mask for it's great coverage, I had it pulled to tightest it would go, and after some wear and washings, it simply stretched out and was too big. I bought this Lewis N. Clark thinking I'd give it a try. It's much cheaper than the Dream Essentials, and I'm really glad I tried it. It's got a small, plastic clip in the back to tighten. When I saw this, I was a little nervous as to how well it will hold up, hopefully for a while! I can pull the strap tight enough and the clip is slim and unnoticeable when laying on my back. It lets in ZERO light, just what you need in a sleep mask. I also like that there's no elastic on the sides like the Dream Essentials to get stretched out. It's very soft and comfortable. I'll post later if I notice any stretching out/negative wear. Save yourself some $$ and get this one!

****I've been using the mask for a few months now. I still like the way it fits and the coverage it offers. BUT, I have to say, IT STAINS EVERYTHING! The outside of the mask is navy blue, while the inside (the part that covers your eyes) is black. The blue side has stained my pillow case, my sheets, and bed comforter! I'm not sure why or what kind of die they use, but I now have one sheet set that I'll use because I don't want to ruin anymore sheets and pillow cases. This has made me very disappointed in the product. For that, I'd take away 2 stars. It does what it's intended to do, but who wants to ruin their bed linens? Oh, and I have washed it a couple of times thinking this would help, no such luck.
on March 16, 2012
There was a six-month period that, for whatever reason, the dye in these masks was not set properly and would rub off (and STAIN) anything it touched. If you look at the earliest history of this product, it had rave reviews... and then all of a sudden it just sort of fell off a cliff. I, for one, ordered this mask back in March of 2012 (doing this review in September of 2012, despite the date-stamp on the actual review, because I originally left bad feedback and am now updating it) and had it stain my sheets, so I returned it and bought something else (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026C797C) and it just doesn't measure up to the Lewis N. Clark eye mask in any way, shape, or form!
on April 30, 2013
Although this eye mask is soft, has a good strap, and really blocks out the light, it leaves TERRIBLE ink stains. I purchased two of these, one for myself and one for my husband. Despite several wash and dry cycles to cleanse the masks of any residual ink, both masks leave very dark purple/blue stains and have ruined an expensive set of sheets and pillows. Oddly, the color does not transfer on to our faces, just the cloth sheets. It's regrettable because the masks really are comfy. I'm frankly pretty upset about the sheets (Amazon: head's up!!). I replaced them with Dream Zone Earth Therapeutic Dream Masks which I have used for some years but have weak straps - I'd rather replace the masks when the straps fail than have to replace my sheets again.
on August 18, 2011
Positives: mask is very soft and is made of a comfortably smooth cloth material.
Overall the mask feels like a soft, conforming pillow for your eyes. Quite soothing.

Cons: Light at the bottom gets in, although it's not too much. Static electricity will mess your hair up when putting the mask on.
It is a bit warm to wear in summer.

Lastly, of 3 masks I've tried, this is probably the best.
on January 5, 2013
First, I am a business traveler and was looking for a cover for my eyes to use on the plane for a long time. The problem is I have a giant nose and most eye masks have. I bought the blue one and I love how confortable it is, no preasure on the eyes, and blocks out everything for me!

Pros:
low price
comfortable
soft
no eye pressure
will work with big heads / noses

Cons:
thicker than the cheap thin eye masks
people might hear me snoring on the plane when I pass out on my 5am flight
on April 29, 2012
Got this for my wife as the reviews were good and she loves to sleep with a mask on.
Anyhow, she keeps the mask under her pillow so she knows where it is.
Well, the dye from the mask bled all over our sheets and pillow case.
We washed it a few times after that to see if that would help
get rid of the dye and ended up ruining another set of sheets. What a waste.
I would give it 0 stars if I could.
on November 28, 2011
I'm a picky sleeper. No point in denying it. One of my mandatory conditions to have any chance at sleeping is pitch black. All lights off won't generally suffice, even little tiny lights will irritate me. So, a sleep mask is something I have come to depend upon.

The issue with me is I have to have sound to sleep, but sound machines won't work, it has to be talking, like a book on tape, or a television show. So, almost every night I fall asleep with the tv on, which I place on a timer, and that will lull me to sleep. But, because the television is on, I have to have a sleep mask that is extra good at blacking out the lights from the tv screen.

I read the reviews for this face mask and it looked like just the thing, it looked like it would be successful at blocking out all the light. And you know what, it is! It does really really amazing at this! Plus, the strap is easily adjustable to fit your head, something very uncommon on most other face masks I have found! I love this feature!

However, that being said I have two problems with this mask, but which aren't bad enough to warrant returning the item or seeking another face mask.

(1) I am super sensitive when it comes to having things behind my ears. Sunglasses, headbands, etc., will all irritate that area easily. Unfortunately for me while I love that this strap is adjustable, it can irritate that super sensitive spot. If you are super sensitive in that spot too, be warned. If you are not, I doubt this will be an issue and otherwise the strap is comfortable.

(2) I bought the navy blue version as it was a bit cheaper than the black one. Unfortunately, I wake up in the morning and find blue marks all over my pillow case. Even having washed the face mask, I still find the dye is transferring. I never have the dye on my skin though, or anywhere else, which makes me think that perhaps it is a weird reaction between the face mask and my silk pillow case. Perhaps it won't stain non-silk pillow cases. Since I only use this pillow case for sleeping and it never shows when the bed is made, I don't get really upset about the stains. But, they haven't washed out even with repeated washings of the pillow case. So, if you have a pillow case that you don't mind risking, the mask is fine, but if you aren't willing to risk stains, be warned about this dye transfer.

UPDATE on 12/8/2011 - I wrote this review initially a week or two ago. Since then I have found blue marks on my sheets as well (my sheets are sort of an ivory or an off-white which contains a bit of yellow to it). When I wash my sheets the blue sort of (mostly, but not completely) comes out. They aren't bleachable sheets, so I may have to find a new face mask, as I really don't want navy blue marks on my sheets...

All-in-all I am moderately pleased. I can't complain too much because of the price.
on July 19, 2011
Highly recommended for light-sensitive sleepers, but if you're really picky about any speck of light entering, these are NOT for you.

They have a comfortable strap that doesn't pinch the hairline or the back of your ears, and the plush material rest comfortably above the eyes.

Would recommend to everybody except to the most nit-picky light sleepers.
on September 3, 2011
I travel a lot, have used at least a dozen variants of these things. The Lewis N. Clark Comfort Eye Mask is without a doubt the best and no other mask can rival it. I also use it every night at home and would highly, highly recommend it for comfort, durability, light blocking ability, and price. I'd give it 10 stars if I could!

John Rice