Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 151 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 164 reviews
on May 8, 2011
Wonderful product! Just got back from a week in Italy and it came in handy. Each stash has 3 pockets - I used the big one for my passport, the middle for credit cards and the small for some Euros. I kept it under my shirt and then tucked into the waistband of my pants so it was not detectable at all under my clothes and if I needed to get it out I could discretely pull out of my waistband but probably would be better to keep a few Euros in an outside pocket. I would like to add that my husband also had one but teased me that I was too paranoid and asked me if I was going to sleep with it. He did put his passport under his shirt in the stash however insisted on keeping his wallet in his front left pocket and got it picked on a crowded subway. He is such a nice guy he also had his pin number in with his debit card so the criminals were able to get money out of our checking acct quickly and easily. They went to 3 different ATM's within 7 minutes and withdrew the daily maximum. They also got his credit cards and driver license but because he did still have his passport we were able to get on the plane the h*ll out of Italy. I know this isn't the place to say it but please be careful over there. We were there the weekend of the pope's beatification and everything was jammed packed!! It is easy to say "be alert and aware of your surroundings" but it is so much better to have your valuables under your clothes.
55 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2016
This is the apprehensive traveler's best friend.

I first used this on a solo backpacking trip in the US. Actually, that was the first - and last - time I used it, and I'll explain why later. It definitely is something very handy to have, especially when walking through dodgier areas where I felt I could potentially get mugged. I normally wear it under my shirt and it serves as an emergency stash, so I mainly use it to keep my passport as well as some spare cash / credit cards. For daily cash or card use, that still comes from a wallet. Since I wear it under a shirt, there's really no discreet way to get something out of it which then defeats its purpose.

The neck stash is very comfortable to wear, made with a soft backing so it feels smooth against skin. I didn't like the way it hung around my neck, so I normally carry it cross body style under a top, which also makes it a little more discreet since it sits in the curve of my waist. With a jacket or looser sweater, this thing literally disappears and is not noticeable. That said, how discreet it is ultimately depends on the amount of cash you carry. I also liked that it came with many compartments, so you can easily compartmentalize cash, cards, passport, jewelry, etc.

However, I only used it once because I found that the way to protecting my stuff boils down to common sense. As I became a more confident traveler, I realised that keeping a watchful eye over my belongings AND surroundings was triumph to this. Plus if you're traveling to somewhere hot where you're more likely to be in a tank top, this absolutely would do no good other than to showcase where your valuables were. The velcro-closure also makes using it so much less discreet. Nowadays I just carry a little bag from Eastpak which is always on and infront of me, and that has worked since.
on June 18, 2014
First, the description as of the day of this writing is wrong. In the list of features it clearly says •Zipper closure, but there is no zipper whatsoever, there is only Velcro. Second, the way the strap adjusts is by using a bulky (and ugly in my opinion) clip mechanism that lets the excess strap hang on the side. It is not the usual loop arrangement that doubles part of the strap length, it just has a clip that shortens the strap in a similar way that you would tie a knot to shorten the strap and have the excess hanging on the side. Very inconvenient; very uncomfortable if you are going to use this under a shirt; and if not used under a shirt the hanging loop and clip are ugly!

Also, given that there are other similar items out there that have a neater strap adjustment, they are also RFID inhibiting whereas this is not. So in comparison this one is not at all impressive.
on June 6, 2011
I upgraded from my old hidden pouch and mostly am pleased with this. I like the 3 separate compartments, so I can keep my passport separate from credit cards and money. I also like the mesh separation between the largest and middle sized pockets so I can quickly see what is in both at the same time. I'm guessing that the other reason for mesh is for airflow. The strap seems to be sewn well and will adjust to a length that you could tuck this into the top of your pants, which would make it a little more convenient to reach into it as if it was a pocket. I do wish that the plastic part that is used to adjust the strap bigger or smaller was less bulky. There is no way it won't show under summer clothes. My only other complaint is that the pocket closure is velcro so it is really noisy when you are trying to "quietly" take out money or credit cards. I'd rather not call attention to the fact that I have a hidden pouch. I wish it had a top zipper instead. I'm thinking of taking off the velcro and putting a button or snap closure on it instead.
on November 10, 2015
When I travel out of the country, I like to keep my passport, credit cards, and cash in this pouch. A US passport fits nicely in the back pocket, and I keep my credit cards in the middle pocket and the cash in the front pocket. The strap adjusts by moving the plastic thing you see in the picture, so to shorten it you have a loop of string going down your back. It's not uncomfortable, but it's not very attractive. I usually wear the pouch under my shirt and leave it long enough that I can tuck it into the front of my pants. I used to wear a money belt tucked down into my pants and it was always such an ordeal to get it tucked back in after accessing it. This pouch makes it easy.
on September 4, 2011
I used this neck stash for a trip to Turkey and Kyrgyzstan. When I had my belongings in this, I felt very secure. It had pockets that helped with organization and despite it being pretty hot there, I didn't really feel uncomfortable with this around my neck. In fact, I wore it on the entire airplane ride because I traveled over with a substantial amount of cash, so I didn't want to just leave it in my carry on when I left my seat or was asleep.

Some reviewers said that you couldn't tell they had anything under their shirt, but for me, you could tell especially if I was carrying my passport with my money. It ruined the look of some of my outfits because it pooched out in the front. I was able to stuff it down the front of my pants, but that was not always comfortable. I am only 5'3" so maybe taller people feel differently about it. It was also a little hard to get to when I was pulling money out for vendors.

I like the security, but next time I feel like I need something like this, I will also get a money belt. I think having both will give me the versatility I want for different outfits and situations.

As a plus, this looks okay as a little purse worn across the body too, so I will probably bring it to amusement parks and places like that.
on September 6, 2012
I purchased this neck wallet for a trip to NYC in October. On Labor Day, I took it on a trial run to the Pittsburgh Zoo. It was an extremely hot day and I was concerned that the wallet would be the worse for wear after the day was over. Not So! The light weight material dried quickly and showed no sign of the water and sweat it was subjected to. Also, it held my money, credit cards, zoo membership card and diabetic testing supplies with ease.

This is an excellent product.
on August 28, 2014
I bought this as my wife did not like the idea of a waist belt that I bought ( Eagle Creek Travel Gear Undercover Money Belt (Khaki)). But unfortunately, this does not compare to the Eagle Creek one I listed earlier. This is light and good, but does not conceal your money/docs as well as the waist pouch does it. it is not bad, but not as good as the other. I tried it once, and within minutes, went back to my waist belt. I will probably give this to my kids to use during their day trips.
on May 14, 2015
It was so difficult to decide online what the right item was for where I'm going. I'll be in a very dense pickpocket-heavy part of India (I've been-I know it is) and this is absolutely right. One of the reviews loathed this item because they said it was so tiny-'like a change purse' which is exactly what I hoped for. If it's for under the shirt in a hot zone like Uttar Pradesh the lighter the color, the more breathable the fabric and the weight (1.8 ounces) the better. Anything bigger than a passport-nope. I'm just delighted.
on October 13, 2013
I got a pair of these for my wife and I for a trip to Rome and the a Mediterranean cruise. It was just what we needed. It was light weight and once we were wearing them, we really didn't notice them. It was much easier to access than my father's waist pouch, but just as secure. The separate pouches were good for organizing our money and cards. I was worried about the durability of the strap, but both of ours were solid and it was more comfortable than a cord would be.

They will soak up sweat if right against your skin, and the contents can get damp. I started using little zip locks inside of it if I didn't have an undershirt on.

I hope that they will change the design to a zipper or a couple of snaps for better security and reduced noise. I never had mine open unintentionally, but would feel better with a more secure closure. A couple times the loud opening of the velcro was kind of embarrassing.

Overall, we were very happy with a practical and inexpensive stash that we will certainly use again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.