BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 24, 2010
The Lexar 4gb SDHC class 6 memory card is a pretty good SDHC memory card. It is not the fastest nor the cheapest, but it is pretty fast (faster than some class 10 cards) and not too expensive. At the time I am writing this, the Lexar SDHC card is priced well but not the best value, though prices can always change.

One reviewer noted a compatibility issue. I, however, have had no compatibility problems whatsoever. This card works in my Canon SD1300, my Canon Rebel T1i, and a few other things. It should be noted that this is an SDHC card NOT an SD card. Some older electronic equipment can only use SD cards. Figure out what your device can use before you buy an SDHC card.

I compared the following four SD memory cards:

1) Kingston 2 GB SD Flash Memory Card 2-Pack SD/2GB-2P
2) Lexar SDHC 4 GB Class 6 Flash Memory Card 100x Jewel Case Envelope Bulk LSD4GBBE100
3) Transcend 8GB Class 10 SDHC Card (TS8GSDHC10)
4) Sandisk 8GB Extreme SDHC Card-Class 10 (SDSDX3-008G-A31)

I compared the photo shooting speeds and the speeds to copy pictures onto a computer for the four different SD cards. I inserted the SD card into my Canon T1i dSRL, formatted the SD card, and shot in RAW+jpeg (which in this case was two files, 19.5mb and 4.7mb respectively). I timed how long it took to shoot 20 pictures, and then I timed how long it took to move those 40 files onto my computer. The T1i buffer filled up after 4.5 shots, so the remaining shots all depended on the write speed of the memory card. I didn't see too much difference in the time it took to copy the files to my computer, but there was a noticeable difference in the shooting speeds. The SanDisk class 10 SDHC card was clearly the fastest, but it was also the most expensive.

Shooting Speed
1) SanDisk 8gb class 10 SDHC (24 sec)
2) Kingston 2gb SD (38 sec)
3) Lexar 4gb class 6 SDHC (39 sec)
4) Transcend 8gb class 10 SDHC (45 sec)

Copy to Computer Speed
1) SanDisk 8gb class 10 SDHC (34 sec)
2) Kingston 2gb SD (34 sec)
3) Lexar 4gb class 6 SDHC (38 sec)
4) Transcend 8gb class 10 SDHC (40 sec)

Besides the speed differences, I have not noticed any other difference between these four memory cards. They are all compatible with everything I have (except for a few things that do not take SDHC cards). I have never lost anything on an SD card, and none of my cards have ever broken or failed. However, I do take very good care of them, and I always format the cards after copying pictures onto my computer. Depending on your needs, you may not need 8gb, or you may not need very fast write speeds. If speed matters to you, go with SanDisk...it is the fastest. Otherwise, consider a cheaper alternative.
on July 18, 2011
I have known about Lexar from its brother brand, Crucial; and, this memory didn't disappointed me at all. I'd recommend this memory for regular consumer cameras and/or electronics.

I tested this memory by maxing out its capacity then transfer files to computer. The speed is consistently at 24.8MB/sec, which is not bad for a Platinum II ver. from Lexar. I'd not make any comment regarding the price because it was free pairing with my Canon SD1300 that Amazon.com was selling back then.

Its compatibility is great as well, and it works with whatever I plugged it into.
on October 2, 2011
This Lexar 4GB SDHC is excellent. The access time is much faster compared to Sandisk cards. Also if u leave photos in the memory card for long time, the quality remains the same, previously I used sandisk memory, its performance is poor in reliability. I prefer Lexar though it is bit expensive over some cheap memory like sandisk which really sucks. I have been using lexar microsd and SDHC, it beats all its compitetors in quality, access time and reliability. I strongly recommend this!
on July 24, 2016
Not great quality.
on February 12, 2015
I really don't remember what I bought this for..It seems to me I bought it for my camera!!??!! Seems to be working GREAT!!!
on January 17, 2011
The third time I used this card an error message said that the card would not record any further pictures. I removed the card and reinstalled it and the same message appeared. Therefore, I could not recommend this purchase to anyone else.
on December 11, 2012
Not much to say about a memory card.
$ is the deciding factor.
make it cheap and they will buy it. .
on October 15, 2011
I have had some bad experiences with some off brand memory (my memory not included!). The Lexar works great. I will continue to buy Lexar products.
on January 15, 2011
I haven't timed it with a stopwatch, but this card does not seem quite up to it's Class 6 rating. Otherwise, no issues. The price was exceptional.
on January 1, 2011
It is not hard to recommend this. I have purchased several other Lexar products and have never been disappointed. Good quality!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.