Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lexol 1112 Auto Interior Leather Deep Cleaner, 1 Liter
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Size: 1 Liter|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 13, 2008
The Lexol pH cleaner worked extremely well to clean automotive leather upholstery and surfaces. Just follow the instructions on the bottle and it does a fantastic job. Always use the pH cleaner before you apply the Lexol conditioner since you don't want to apply new oils over existing dirt. The pH cleaner comes out as a clear liquid that is more viscous than water. I recommend using a terry cloth sponge to create more lather than just using a cotton cloth or terry cloth. I have tried several over the counter leather cleaner/conditioners and Lexol beats them all.

Pros: Cleans leather without drying it. Very easy to use.

Cons: The product is a bit expensive and hard to find compared to the over-the-counter products, but it should be the only product to buy and Amazon carries it!

Overall: If you own any leather accessories or cars with leather interiors, Lexol pH cleaner and Lexol conditioner should be on your list.
66 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2011
Lexol leather cleaner is useful if you regularly clean your seats. For heavily soiled leather, I would skip this and get something stronger because the cleaning power is REALLY mild even with agitation. The primary benefit of the Lexol Leather Cleaner is that it does a good job of making the leather supple and smooth, better than most of the competition. For the price it is a really good value. but don't expect any miracles if your leather has moderate stains.
on October 31, 2011
I wore new jeans on my very light leather seats in my car, and the dye rubbed off onto my seats. NOTHING else would clean it off. Nothing else except Lexol! I used the cleaner spray followed by Lexol conditioner and my seats look like new again. All the denim dye came right off. Thanks!
on June 21, 2011
My aging parents have a leather couch I grew up sitting on. Care for it was sporadic and scarce. It has accumulated many oil, food, and miscellaneous discolorations on the contact areas (headrest, armrest, and seats), as well as some very fine dry cracks in the leather due to lack of conditioning for at least the past 5 years. I've used Mcguire's car leather care products in the past with good success in my vehicle, so I figure it should be good for the couch too. So I spent an afternoon cleaning the leather and conditioning it. However it only removed about 50% of the stains and no noticeable difference in the cracks, even after weekly conditioner applications for a month. That's when I bought this Lexol cleaner to give it a try since it has such high reviews. Holy bleep! I was able to buff out ALL of the oils, marks, and stains with just one application and a lot of elbow grease. I was really impressed. So of course, I followed up by using Lexol's conditioner. After about 5 applications spaced over a month. All the fine cracks were "healed" and the couch looks new (except until you sit on it and just sink from having been sat on for so many years). Overall, I'm really impressed with Lexol and it will be my go to products for all my leather needs.
on August 29, 2009
Lexol makes great products. I originally bought this to use along with the conditioner for the seats in my car based on the recommendation of the previous owner who had used it religiously. The car is 7 years old, and the interior is flawless. Definitely get the conditioner to use after the cleaner as it helps to prevent drying and cracking which can happen to leather, especially in a car where the temperatures fluctuate so much. This product works so great, we also use it on our couch at home and also leather jackets. I've also recommended it to my family and friends and everyone loves it.
on August 21, 2013
I used some of this around the inside door handle of a lexus RX330. It withered (wrinkled) the leather and I guess somehow compromised the padding under that leather. I would like to hear from anyone else whom this may have happened to.

20/20 hind site. It says on the bottle, "Not recommended for suede or delicate leather." I did not realize that my side panels were "delicate leather". When all else fails, read the directions.
review image review image
1010 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2008
I had tried several "leather" cleaning products on my livingroom sofa, none of them worked very well. I remembered having used Lexol on my saddles and figured I'd give it a try. The Lexol worked great and I followed it up with the Lexol conditioner which also worked very well.
on June 9, 2009
This product works well. With a dog, we desperately need a good leather cleaner. There is only one spot we weren't able to get out. Dog saliva seems to be very difficult to get out! Other than that, it has worked very well, and following through with the conditioner keeps the leather nice and soft!
on December 22, 2012
Easy to apply, easy to use. Moisten the surface to be cleaned lightly with a bit of water spray, then pour some Lexol cleaner on your hands. Don't worry, it's safe (as are most leather cleaning products. Remember, leather is basically skin). Rub it in everywhere, then use a soft brush to agitate the surface. Use a wet cloth to wipe the Lexol off. Bam! Clean as can be. You might be surprised how dirty your chair can get when you see the colour of the Lexol foam after scrubbing. Make sure you apply leather conditioner/oil after cleaning to maintain the leather itself. This product is only the cleaner side of things.
on January 16, 2016
I've used several brands of leather cleaners and conditioners over the years. Lexol has produced top tier results, but the biggest advantage that Lexol has is it's the easiest to work with. It's a lot easier and quicker to clean and condition leather with Lexol over all the other brands that I have used. One example of this is the Lexol doesn't leave a residue or require staying applied for an unreasonable amount of time to achieve good results. I use Lexol with excellent results on all types of leathers: automobiles, furniture, shoes, belts, jackets, and so on.

Here are a few tips for using leather cleaners and conditioners. 2-in-1 cleaner/conditioners don't work as well as a separate cleaner and conditioner does. No matter how clean the leather looks, use the cleaner before you use the conditioner. The leather may look clean, but if you start applying the conditioner first, you will see the dirt get picked up in the conditioner. By nature all cleaners will pull moisture out of the leather. This is why it is important to follow up with conditioner soon after cleaning. Because of this, you will want to work in manageable sections at a time. For example: if you are going to clean and conditioner the leather in your car, don't clean all the leather and then condition it. Clean one seat then condition it before moving on to the next seat. Let the conditioner stay on for a while before wiping away excess. The longer the conditioner stays on, the more moisture the leather will absorb. Using applicators, instead of towels, to apply the cleaner and conditioner will reduce the amount used.