Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on October 30, 2013
Lezyne makes quality gear. I'm accumulating pumps, lights and tools. The design aesthetic & seeming durability are top drawer. I'm comparing this to my Lezyne Superdrive that's about a year old and others (Light & motion helmet Vis360, Planet Ride something). I commute ride year round in Southern Alberta on pathways, roads, trails. It gets cold (-30C a few times year) & dark, snow, ice, hail, inattentive drivers / pedestrians / pets. Huge temperature fluctuations causes endless melt freeze cycles = black ice. Thankfully no wildlife. Being able to see and be seen are a lifesaver. The cold can impact battery life.

Last year I ran a helmet mounted Light & Motion Vis360? (forward facing dimmable light, sight facing ambient, rear facing red), Super Drive on handle bar, secondary rear facing red blinker on back pack. Superdrive performed flawlessly. Which brings me to this year's config:

The power drive XL with accessory comes with a spare battery, helmet mount and bike mount. No am now running the Super driver on the helmet mount with a red blinker also on the helmet, the Power Driver on the handle bar, and a secondary red blinker on seat post.
To See is the helmet light, directional, in either high, med or low. I typically run the red rears, and handlebar whites (in this case the Powerdrive) on blink for Be Seen. If helmet light dies, handle bar can become primary. So far the Powerdrive has been flawless and the spare batter in nifty compartment good contingency.

On/ Off switch a bit balky given weather proofing is a fair trade. Love the helmet mount (can tip / angle at intersections). Good battery life. Solidity imparts confidence on cold, dark, journey onset. Wish they'd stuck with micro USB recharging port instead of nano. No complaints. For safety & confidence, recommend completely.
on March 12, 2015
Having a spare battery with me is a must, I do some longer rides, keep lights on blinking during the daytime to help me be more visible and then on solid at night to help me see. I have typically stuck with the cheaper lights that use AA batteries, so I could carry a spare set, with NmHi batteries I typically get three to four weeks of daytime rides before having to swap. Having the spare battery in this makes it possible for me to head out and ride not worrying if I run out of daylight that my battery will dye before I make it home. However I do only get 2 to 3 rides instead of 3 to 4 weeks. I still haven't ridden at night time with it yet though its far brighter than my old light so I am sure I will see much better. I have never used its USB port to charge it, I already had a battery charger that is capable of charging these batteries so I just bring the dead one in after charge it up and take it back out to to my seat bag on the next ride.
It could be better, would be nice if when turning off it would restart in the mode you had it in last instead of having to cycle through modes again. but its well made and you can carry a spare battery.
on May 21, 2015
This is a fantastic idea: a compact, powerful front light with a REMOVABLE and REPLACEABLE
rechargeable battery (18650). The execution of the idea is not as fantastic: the end cap is extremely
hard to get on and off, for example. You could spend 20 minutes trying to get a battery back in.
The least they could have done was machine the threads right. Still, for all that, I would buy this
again, because there's really nothing else like it. You can also charge the battery without removing it
if you want, but I like being able to switch batteries out.
on March 15, 2017
I bought this as a spare light and charged immediately out of the package and it doesn't work. Not sure if I just got a bad copy but beware. Return in progress.
on March 1, 2014
Nice light high quality!
No complaints about this light at all! Really bright for its size
Buy one you'll be happy
on November 7, 2013
Easy to install, good battery life and plenty bright enough. Friend bought one and likes it too. Would recommend to anyone
on November 27, 2014
Light works great, no problems!
on November 14, 2014
I love my light!
on July 31, 2013
great light, the holding accessories are very poorly manufactured, the very first time i used it, i ended up riding with the thing on my mouth!! (it was during a night race)
also the on and off button fell off, and i could not turn the dang thing off. yes i did crash on my bike, but it was not that hard. very disappointed!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.