Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Li(F)E
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 27, 2010
This album is an absolute MASTERPIECE.

IF... You are willing to give it a shot and don't have any preconceived notions on how a Sage album "Should" be, then you will LOVE it!!

I believe it is far beyond it's time, which is why some people will not understand it. But As a brilliant and innovate artist, who is constantly evolving such as Sage, I expect nothing less than this from him.

PS. I didn't exactly like A Healthy Distrust either, when I first heard it and it was only after several listens that I finally fell in love with the album.
on September 3, 2014
Very high quality vinyl. The sleeve is s gate-fold sleeve and has some very cool notes inside. The vinyl itself is very heavy duty, not the heaviest I've had, but up there. I am incredibly happy with the quality of this album.
on January 23, 2014
I have been curious about Sage since his "Makeshift Patriot" track appeared on FatRecords "Rock Against Bush" CD. A very talented lyricist and rapper/singer, this CD is a welcome addition to my anti-mainstream collection.
on July 8, 2010
It is not what I was expecting at all. Sage Francis is one of my favorite rappers, I own all of his other CDs and they are on heavy rotaation off and on in my house. But this album let me down. It was not what I was expecting, which could have been a very good thing. This album is very different than his other albums, and I prefer the old Sage. The live band, although a interesting idea... does not hold water for me. It drowns out the most important part of Sages' work, the lyrics. Sage Francis started on the slam poetry scene, which is focused almost entirely on the poem and the passion within the poets voice. This album, I do not hear that passion. Some songs are ok, but no songs to me even compare to his other releases. I hope he returns closer to his roots. I do give him props for trying something different, every artist has to do it. Now, hopefully, when his next album comes out I will be sated.
on May 11, 2013
I love this man. I play it until it gets HOT! In fact I had to buy two of his albums twice because I played them to pieces. Personal Journals and A Healthy Distrust; straight up magic in a bottle baby. Do it. Once you hear it I promise you won't be able to stop at one. You will want them all. StrangeFamous
on August 9, 2010
If you are a fan looking for another "hip-hop" album from Sage this is not it. If you are a fan of Sage with an open mind and a love for music in general this is a great album. At first listen being in the mind state of looking for hip-hop beats, I did not like the album. But several listens later lyrics and songs stayed with me. Sage again sparks thought and reflection. The man is a poet/lyrical genius. There is no change or disappointment to that here. Songs like "three sheets to the wind" and "the best of times" are the standouts on this album. I applaud the chance he took on this album and for continuing to express himself outside of the norm of "hip-hop" artist.
on May 21, 2010
Sage has the ability to really push the lyrical envelope. He does not fall short for this album at all. Some of the songs in here are equal to or greater than some of his thickest lyrics to date. The approach to the musical side of the album is very different from all of his prior approaches. This different angle is refreshing and he succeeds at what he was trying to do. The slow jams that the band produce do nothing more than emphasize sages lyrics despite what some think.

I love this album, I really dig all of his albums, and for him to take such a new angle to this one and pulls it off just shows that there is nothing to fear with whatever his direction he takes with his future albums.

As a side note I would be interested in a remix album, where he uses more of a trip hop/downtempo/jazz approach to back his lyrics. Not that this album leaves me wanting more, but I would like to have somehting to "bump" to while im cruzing.
on September 25, 2012
I got into Sage Francis when Mac Lethal did a remix of Slow Down Gandhi. Since then I've had a majority of his releases and have a hard time finding any that I genuinely dislike. That being said, this album sounds almost like a different artist if you compare it to his earlier CDs.

Regardless, it's my favorite CD. Not just of Sage Francis, either. It's got a solid Sage feel but the kind of a Atmosphere and Mac Lethal flavor thrown in. just listen to it.
on May 20, 2010
Personally I don't agree with the other reviews. The addition to the live band is different musically but it fits well. It doesn't have the same feel as personal journals but change is good in music. This cd shows that sage Franis is growing as an artist and wont stick to the same thing which almost always gets old when bands 2nd and 3rd cds sound just like the previous releases.
on October 15, 2010
I just want to say this is an awesome album. Normally I don't listen to hip-hop influenced albums, much less that style of music itself, but I gotta say I'll make an exception with this album. I'm not familiar with his previous music, but from what I've read from other posts this is an experimental album for him. He apparantly doesn't use an actual band like he does on this album, but I'm glad that he does because it sounds amazing. I wish more hip-hop artists would branch out like him and use more instrumental music into their songs.