Libbey Spice Jar with Lid, 4.5-Ounce, Clear, Set of 12
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Set of twelve 4.5 ounce glass jars for storing kitchen or pantry items
- Clear glass makes it easy to view contents at a glance
- Tight-sealing glass lids with plastic fitments help keep items fresh
- Contemporary design; dishwasher-safe
- Made in USA
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Libbey Spice Jar with Lid, 4.5-Ounce, Clear, Set of 12
Libbey 27-Ounce Vibe Storage Jars, Set of 6 B000MQYZ2G
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Stock Your Home||ICatch||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||11.06 x 13.88 x 4.06 in||5.82 x 14.19 x 9.5 in||4.5 x 15.5 x 10.5 in||11.07 x 11.07 x 6.25 in|
|Item Weight||—||6.2 lbs||—||6.2 lbs|
Beautifully designed and exceptionally versatile, this set of twelve 4.5-ounce glass storage/spice jars works great in a kitchen or pantry for storing spices or non-food items. The individual jars also work well for gift giving around the holidays--simply fill with hot cocoa mix, caramel corn, or non-food items and add a bow or place in a gift basket. The clear glass makes it easy to determine inside contents at a glance, while the tight-sealing glass lids with plastic fitments help keep items fresh. For added convenience, the jars clean up easily by hand or in the dishwasher. Made in the USA, each jar measures 2 3/4 inches tall by 3 inches in diameter.
Top Customer Reviews
I then filled these little jars with the spices I actually use, placing stickers on the bottoms indicating which spice was which. Alas! 24 bottles weren't enough! Luckily, Amazon came to the rescue with an additional 24. Cheaper than Crate & Barrel, free shipping, and no tax! End result? A spice cupboard that's a delight to look into. Added bonus: that skinny little cupboard is now so organized that I can prep my various slumgullions and culinary disasters more quickly than ever.
1. There are no perforated inner lids allowing you to daintily sprinkle spices. Personally, I don't care, but it may be a deal breaker for some of you;
2. As noted in other reviews, the bottles don't hold an entire "supermarket" bottle of spice. Again, I don't care because I won't use up an entire bottle of most spices before they need to be tossed anyway. For those spices I use a lot, I bought six of the 12-1/2 oz. Libbey bottles; and,
3. The price stickers on the bottom are the devil to get off.
I am very happy with the purchase. And, final comment, they're MADE IN AMERICA.
I labeled the tops of these with clear spice labels (Spice Bottle Labels (set of 84) - Clear (0.5"h x 2"w)) and was able to fit 48 bottles in my drawer. Yes, that's a LOT of spices, but I'm an avid home cook trying to replace sodium with herbs and spices so a wide selection is essential.
For several years, I have been seeking a solution for organizing my spices that:
o Is uniform (for functional and aesthetic reasons)
o Fits in a drawer, rather than a cabinet or rack
o Travels well (I often cook with my own spices when visiting family)
o Is inert (e.g. glass, stainless; no plastic)
o Looks nice
I am happy to say that the Libbey Vibe spice jars meet all of the criteria above, and have been an excellent addition to my kitchen over the past few weeks.
Some additional features that I particularly like about these jars:
+ I can see through the glass lids when looking down on the spice drawer
+ The lids fit very tightly, for freshness and while traveling
+ The wide mouths accommodate standard measuring spoons
+ The wide base is very stable; I haven't tipped one yet
+ There are matching, larger jars (12, 27, 42, and 64 oz) for other dry goods storage
Also, either the jars are very strong, Amazon does a great packing job, or both. When one of my orders arrived, the outer box was so visibly crushed that the UPS driver actually asked if I wanted to open the box before he left. I said yes, assuming that I would find a box full of glass dust. Surprisingly, every jar and lid was intact. Kudos to Libbey and Amazon.
These jars are not perfect, however. They have one major flaw, and a few minor ones. Most importantly:
- The jars are too small to hold a full, "standard" bottle of spices
By "standard" I mean the types of bottles that you find in a typical U.S. grocery store, such as for McCormick or Morton and Basset spices. For powders, I can whack the bottom of the Libbey jar about 20 times to compress the contents, then typically force the rest of a store-bought jar into it by carefully pouring and squashing with the lid. This is a REAL pain, and makes a real mess.
I have added a bunch of 12 oz Libbey Vibe jars to my collection (which also fit into a drawer) to handle bulk spices. Still, I should be able to buy a popular spice in the grocery store and just dump the contents into the Libbey jar without so much fuss. If the Libbey spice jars weer 33% larger, I'd give them 5 stars instead of 4.
Two more minor complaints:
- As indicated by others, the plastic seals are a cheap addition to an otherwise quality product. I would pay extra for real silicone seals
- The sticker on the bottom of each jar is paper, and the glue is very sticky; consequently, every single one that I tried to remove tore - and I had 52 chances to perfect my technique. This is a one-time hassle, but still, it took me about 2 hours to peel, soak, and clean the jars when they first arrived.
Overall, after much searching, I can say that these are probably the best spice jars to be had, at least for my needs. With a few improvements, they'd be outstanding, but I can grudgingly live with their shortcomings. I would recommend these jars to others seeking a functional and stylish solution for organizing their spices (and the larger jars for other dry goods).