Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 386 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 399 reviews
on February 8, 2016
First off, this arrived a few days early, which was wonderful. I plan to use it for my gym clothes so I don't stink up my regular backpack. So far, I'm very impressed! I don't know what other reviewers are expecting at this price, but this purchase fulfills all my expectations. It is a drawstring bag, please look at the size description before you buy! And keep in mind that while it is technically 17 inches across the top, you pull the drawstring close when you use it. I would not recommend using this as an everyday backpack if you have to lug around several heavy or large textbooks, I can't imagine it would last that long. Since I'm using it mostly for clothes, this isn't really an issue for me. It recently carried 3 athletic outfits (a t-shirt, sports bra and joggers), my wallet, my phone and my water bottle, as well as a pair of shower flip flops, and that filled it to the brim. This is more capacity than I anticipate needing on a regular basis, so it works perfectly for me.

I will say there was one nice surprise, which has me putting 5 stars instead of 4 for the quality of the product. There is an outside zipper pocket. I put my phone and wallet in this pocket for easy access, and I plan to use it for my phone, wallet, and headphones in the future, though it could probably hold more. This pocket is mentioned in a few reviews, now that I'm looking for the information, but not in the product listing, and its not shown in the pictures for the product. Hence, surprise.
on May 21, 2016
I have what some might call a collection of string bags, or what others might call homeless person hoarding least functional backpacks ever. Either way this bag was added to that library. Right off the bat I wanted a bright, bold string bag that I could use when train traveling or walking. Ironically enough this bag is almost more functional than I ever had intended when buying it. The material is so-so, its somewhat hard but whatever on that note. The bigger feature is that this bag is freaking huge. I wish I had this string bag in college instead of ignorantly wearing double string bags to hold all of my books. You can fit the entire world in this, and I have.

I am assuming if you are actually looking at reviews for a bright string bag that you need it for a very functional purpose and you happen to want an obnoxiously brightly flamboyant like I had been seeking when I bought it. It does all of that. If you're interested, just buy it. They're well priced and should last for a while.
on May 20, 2017
Love this as a bag for dance supplies for dance class. I have even taken it to salsa nights to hold my dance shoes, jacket, make-up bag, etc. Large enough for everything and easy to carry on shoulder or used as a backpack. I also take it traveling around the world since it folds up small, is lightweight, but fits a lot of stuff when you need a day pack or overnight pack when you cannot take your entire carry-on to a certain location. My friend even used it on a hike to carry her water, when she forgot her backpack. Will buy again in case this one gets lost or starts looking worn. So far it's holding up very well.
on July 14, 2016
The sturdiness of this bag surprised me. The fabric is thick and so are the ropes/drawstrings. I used it as a beach bag for a week, and it is "sandproof"--that is, I always threw it on the sand beside my chair and sand did not get inside and sand didn't cling to the outside of it either. First time I got home and didn't have to clean and wash my beach bag. I carried 2 beach towels, water, a paperback book, a camera, and a cell phone all at once. With this on my back (which felt lightweight), my hands were free to carry the beach chair on my shoulder.
on September 3, 2015
This is a nice durable bag - I could actually fit quite a lot of stuff in here, more than I was thinking! Great for a carry on on a plane. Strings didn't ever cut int my arms. Obviously, there are no storage compartments so things get a little messy if you have wires or other things like that in there but that's not specific to this kind of bag.
on March 12, 2017
I bought one of these 4 months ago and it is falling apart. However, given its versatility, the very reasonable price, and the fact that I use it everyday, I just ordered another one. I had gone through 2 of the slightly smaller models and they each lasted more than a year, so I was hoping this one would last about the same length of time. Still a good value.

Update: The last one I ordered only lasted about a month. Going back to the smaller, sturdier one:
Liberty Bags LB8881 Small Nylon Drawstring Backpack BLACK
on May 2, 2012
First, the good--

1) The bag was quite spacious. I've seen other drawstring bags with much smaller holds, and this one definitely has more than enough space for carrying towels, gym clothes, sports equipment, or--in a pinch--books or even a packaged lunch.
2) The fabric used is somewhat resistant to water. (Most likely by design.) I'm not saying it's absolutely waterproof, though; don't go dipping it into a bathtub and expect the items inside to stay dry.
3) It comes in many, MANY colors. At the time of writing this review, there were 14 different colors, and I wisely chose not to have the blindingly noticeable colors like bright pink or yellow. Navy blue is more than sufficient for me.
4) The price was very reasonable for its purpose. I bought this bag for just under ten dollars (including shipping!) and received it in less than five days. If you have particularly high standards for a drawstring bag, then I warn you--take the time to research other options. You will mostly get what you paid for.

Now, the bad--

1) My biggest concern is that the bag was very poorly built. Although it cost less than $10, I noticed tears in the fabric from carrying even 10 lb. loads. I didn't notice those until my roommate pointed them out to me, and foolishly thought the fabric would hold a 25 lb. load later on. Buyer beware: although the item is labeled as a "backpack", do NOT think it acts in substitute of a conventional backpack. The straps are about a half-inch wide, and will leave imprints in your shoulders with heavy loads. In extreme cases, the fabric WILL tear and you will be left with a hole in the bottom as I was.
2) The fabric is very thin and flimsy. And there isn't a lot of it. While it can hold a large number of items, I'd imagine that the paper-thin fabric would be very transparent in bright areas or if the bag is a bright color. In addition, with such a thin fabric, it's VERY easy to accidentally crush something since the shape of the bag does not hold under pressure.
3) The straps are non-adjustable. I have a relatively small torso (32"), so it was very difficult dealing with a bag which had straps made for a 38-42" chest. Often times, the bag will slip and fall from your shoulders because the arm holes are just too damn large.
4) No pockets. Not a one. It makes it hard to sort smaller items from the big, bulkier ones, but as I've repeated multiple times already, you get what you paid for.

Final Verdict--

While this bag is incredibly cheap as well as cheaply made, I am buying another one to replace my old bag just because of the price. Do be warned that it is recommended that you buy a different bag for heavier loads (at least 10 lbs.), but this particular bag is flexible and thin so it works as a way to further sort your stuff inside of a larger, sturdier space such as a cargo box or backpack.

3 / 5 stars
on September 25, 2016
I bought this bag for my 13 year old son to use for his soccer stuff. I was very pleased with purchase. Bag is well made and the strings are not the cheap nylon ones that are on a lot of other bags. Bag was supposed to be just for his soccer stuff, but is large enough to hold his clothes, cleats (men's size 12), shin guards and his big zip up binder he uses for school. He uses it every day instead of his book bag. I was so pleased that I ordered him a few more so he'll have different colors and so that he doesn't have cleats/shoes in bag with his school books. Highly recommend.
on November 2, 2016
I thought these would be a little bit bigger, but they are of good quality. I think they are a little overpriced for the size though. They do come in a variety of fun colors, and can be used to store or transport a variety of things. We have a ball put for our kids, and I get so annoyed when they aren't playing in the pit but there are balls everywhere! When the ball put isn't in use, I have my kids put the balls in these bags for easy storage. It is super easy for the smaller kids to hold and open/close. And you can hang it up if you'd like as well.
on August 31, 2016
The perfect gym bag. I use it on short hikes or trips to the park, too. It is lightweight, holds plenty, comfortable on the back, and when it is empty it scrunched down small enough to fit in my pocket. This was exactly what I was looking for.