Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Liberty Tabletop Lincoln 45-piece 18/10 Flatware Set Service for 8, Includes Serving Pieces
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on May 25, 2012
This flatware set is made in the good old USA. Great quality and excellent customer service from a small company located in Sherrill NY.

Buy American, before its too late...
on February 8, 2014
My wife and I spent a lot of time looking at flatware before deciding on Liberty Tabletop and the Lincoln pattern. Very nicely weighted, great lustre. Liberty sent us samples (these were seconds from their manufacturing facility - but still beautiful) that we ran through the dishwasher over a month's time period to 'test them out'. They still look exactly as shipped and still as nice. (If it's useful - we have well water, a water softener and use finish powerballs in the dishwasher.)

It's probably personal and subjective, but this flatware has a shape and balance that feels very natural. Even when we had only the samples from Liberty we tended to use the Liberty forks over our previous (worn, but, high quality) flatware - we just liked the way they felt.

We also like the fact that these are made in the U.S. Do a search on Liberty Tabletop to get the background on how this company has worked to maintain a U.S. presence in the flatware market. We had previously purchased our dinnerware from one of the few remaining U.S. china / dinnerware manufacturers and we're now on board with supporting U.S. quality products wherever we can.

Because we also had samples of the 'Lexington' and 'Cedarcrest' patterns, we feel confident that our high rating would apply to those patterns, as well.

It would be nice if they offered a few other accessory pieces (a gravy ladle, for example), but that's a minor issue. They do have iced tea spoons and steak knives that I didn't see on Amazon that can be ordered directly from Liberty (Sherrill Manufacturing).

Obviously, this is relatively expensive flatware. But we had our previous set for almost 30 years. Flatware is a long term investment - calculate the cost on a per meal basis over 30 years and get the good stuff.

Update March 2016: It's now been two years and the flatware still looks like new.
on July 18, 2013
Just received the "Lincoln" pattern flatware. Nice weight and feel to it. It's good to see such high quality products still being produced in America. Glad I made the purchase and didn't go with some cheaper product. It looks like it's going to last for some time.
on October 2, 2015
Wonderful tableware made in USA. My father worked for a restaurant supply company years ago and he purchased some Oneida flatware in the early 1970's through work that our family has been using for the last 46 years and it has held up very well - never a rust spot - although lots of scratches from decades from use. So recently I wanted to get new flatware and looked for USA made items finding that only Liberty Tabletop was the did so - which appealed to me. I'm guessing my decades old flatware was possibly made at this same factory.

I spent a lot of time reviewing patterns and styles at their website - narrowing it down to the LUX and HERITAGE line of flatware. The LUX line had some nice patters and slightly heavier weights, which averaged about 0.13 ounces heavier, but the price premium I couldn't justify personally. I decided to go with the HERITAGE line and settled on the LINCOLN style I decided to use the LUX premium difference and use that extra money to purchase additional pieces from the HERITAGE line of flatware - basically being able to buy about 10+15 extra pieces.

I purchased the 45 pieces set, along with the 20 piece set to have a total of 12 place settings with one set of steak knives and 7 extra serving spoons. The order was processed quickly and shipped the next morning - arriving two days later. The order was filled correctly and it appears all pieces are in perfect condition so far.

I love that that website for Liberty Tabletop clearly stated the length and weights of each piece of flatware - something I found terrible hard to find on other flatware products from other vendors. Many people have commented on the weight of these products - saying they feel light - perhaps they do - but I'm only comparing them against my old flatware - none the less - they are very strong and hard to bend! The weight of these is find in my opinion I'm not sure what people are expecting or how heavy they want their tableware!!

Before placing my order I actually purchased a fork form the SHEFFIELD, PRESTIGE, PEARL, CEDARCREST styles to review in person - they arrived about a week before placing my final order - at that point I had decided on the LINCOLN style - which to me looked classy but also casual. I've uploaded some images of my items and I will provide an update to this review about 6 months from now after they have been used for many months and have a better idea of how they hold up.

One of my photos I've posted shows several different styles - SHEFFIELD, PEARL, PINEHURST, LINCOLN and PRESTIGE.

I'm thrilled these are made in the USA from steel from the USA! These are lovely, quality items that I'm sure I will be using for the next several decades!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on November 24, 2014
I Rated Liberty Tabletop in the Lincoln pattern as "I Like It" but would like to bump it up to "I LIKE IT", I'm impressed with the quality, all the utensils have a nice solid weight, this particular design is slim in the palm, the pattern is not ornate but is well defined,
though I consider the price high I made the purchase due to the fact that it's the only flatware still made in the U.S.A, a Google search comfirms this,

Lastly I really like shopping on Amazon.com, I ordered this item late Friday and had it on Monday, the estimated delivery was a week later, I wanted it by Thanksgiving, so that was going to be a day late, I placed the order with a wishful thinking and " what the heck", in the end it worked out, so Thanks Amazon!
on February 25, 2015
I really want to like them. It is an American company, with a great story. Perhaps I didn't spend enough time researching the items ahead of time. Perhaps a different design would be better. Let me start with the positives. The product looks nice, and seems to be holding up well, as we have had these for about 6 weeks. We have not had any issues in the dishwasher. Now for the negatives. These are very light weight. They are not bending, but they feel cheap. The forks and spoons are very small. The knife is not sharp, and will not cut anything. For the price I paid, I am disappointed in the product.
on April 10, 2015
My old set of Oneida was 18/10 purchased about 10 years ago. The pieces, particularly the knives, were getting rust spots to the point where I was picking and choosing which did not look too, too bad when I had company over (this, despite the fact that I was giving many of the pieces a scrubbing to remove the blemishes).

I researched the whole "Made in America" thing and decided to try Liberty. I ordered the Lincoln samples (great idea to sell samples!!!) and stole another reviewer's suggestion to use the pieces day to day, dishwash them with the other pieces you have, etc. and see how things look in a couple weeks. I liked them enough to order them.

I've had the Lincoln pattern now for about 3 weeks and I do like them. I'm using the dishwasher but being more careful to make sure that items that are not from the set (other sharp knives for instance) are not in the same receptacle as the Liberty pieces. The pattern is nice and does not gather fingerprints. They are not flimsy but not as heavy as I would like. I don't have any issues with the knives not being sharp enough (someone else noted this in their review) but I do think they too will begin to show blemishes in time (within a year). The size of the small spoons is nice but the larger spoons seem a bit small to me. Both forks are fine from a size perspective. I've not had issues with their balance.

Over all, 4 stars because I do believe that the knives are still going to show rush blemishes. I only hope that with the warranty on them, I can get knives replaced when they get so blemished that I'm back to being picky when company comes over.
on February 11, 2014
Excellent weight, not flimsy at all Beautiful handsome design. Love using them, shine says bright, dishwasher safe, too. Very good product.
on May 4, 2016
I have had this set for four years and it is holding up very well. The pieces have a .nice mirror-like finish and the knives are not rusting as one reviewer feared even though I let mine dry in the dishwasher or on the counter. I used to have a set of America-made Oneida stainless flatware. The pieces were sturdy but I think that the Liberty items are heavier and will be more durable.

These are worth buying. The Amazon price is quite reasonable. There is also the benefit of supporting US manufacturing.
on January 11, 2016
Wonderful product; very well made and looks beautiful. Very happy with and love that it's made in the USA!