Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,401 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,483 reviews
on April 14, 2016
This is a great cartoon of the American revolution. Would it be worth the $40 that it was going for no is it worth the $8 it is now yes. Well many of the other reviewers say that it is great for home schooling this isn't just good for teaching about basic concepts and events of the American Revolution it also allows you to establish a timeline of the events as often many times kid will just think it was in the past i don't need to know when it went on. As for the actual quality/picture you can tell this is an older show as it doesn't scale up to hdtvs 1080p if you can get over the looks of the image give it a buy. If you want to know more about how America was founded give it a buy if you want kids to have an established sense of why they should care about history give it a buy.
on June 2, 2014
I am a teacher and I love the Liberty's Kids series. The students gain a ton of U.S. history in the episodes. I highly recommend them for grades 3 to 6. I just purchased the series for a niece who had just graduated from college with a degree in Elementary Education and hope she can use them in her classes. I had watched them before I traveled to Boston a year ago and was amazed myself how much I knowledge I had gained from the Liberty's Kids. My class loves to sing the theme song and it is so cute to hear them shout out their favorite line of the song. "Red, White and Blue, never give up, you represent America!" It is a good dose of patriotism for the students and a chance to see how America democracy came about and what is so special about out country. :)
on July 4, 2017
As a middle school teacher, I am able to hand pick episodes that correspond to a lesson we have learned. I have been able to find corresponding worksheets that go with the video. I frequently pause during the episode so that we can discuss how things they have previously learned connect to the video and to answer questions on the worksheet. My students enjoy these videos.
on November 2, 2016
This is such a great historically rich tv show for kids (or adults). The set came with 40 episodes and I love every single one!
on September 8, 2016
Liberty's Kids is a fun and animated educational adventure for kids. Travel back in time to witness and discover our history. This is a great show to help your kids learn about the American Revolution. My 7 year old son loves this series and it is so engaging. He shows his interest love for history. I highly recommend this Liberty's Kids series because it's fun animated and brings history alive for children. I also enjoy watching this series with my son and I'm also learning as an adult. This Liberty Kids series presents accurate historical events and is a great teaching tool.
on August 28, 2016
I ordered this as a teaching supplement. I just opened it, and am missing the 2nd disc. These are the titles that are not there WASHINGTON TAKES COMMAND
COMMON SENSE
AMERICAN CRISIS
ACROSS THE DELAWARE
AN AMERICAN IN PARIS
SYBIL LUDINGTON

I would be happy to provide a 5 star rating if I am able to get the 2nd disc or get the set replaced. Thank you!
on October 6, 2016
I know you can watch these on you tube but wanted these to be handy for anywhere. It's true they are all in one stack on the spindle, but it doesn't bother us. A 7 yr old doesn't seem to care either. I'm happy if he puts them back in the package. I didn't know if he would go for this, as I was having trouble getting him interested in his history. Was I amazed to see him glued to it, to the point where he wanted to sit there and watch every single episode. I had to pull him away. He came away talking all about what he'd seen. Plus, when each episode starts, he jumps up and does his ninja, (or something) dance and sings. Well worth the cost to actually see him show some interest, and making it much easier to discuss the topics and do other projects and journals.
on August 20, 2016
My one complaint is that it comes in one of the cases that squish multiple DVDs into the same holder. I understands that it's cheap, but it's too easy for the discs to get scratched that way. Another downside- no CC.
review image review image
on August 9, 2011
These videos are entertaining and well-researched. This set incudes 15 hours, 40 episodes, and some extras, like the "Mystery Guest Game" and Ben Franklin's Words of Wisdom.

The videos make the personalities involved seem more present-day, and the video children (James the journalist, Sarah the Brit helping Americans, and Henri the little French boy) have modern attitudes and expressions.

There is not too much gritty reality in the battle scenes. We like them, but I don't use these as a substitute for actual biographies. I do let my kids watch them (even down to the kindergartener) -- I'm pretty strict about TV, but these make the cut.
on March 2, 2017
This series is quite good. My son loves watching it and doesn't even realize he's learning some history.