BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on November 2, 2016
This is such a great historically rich tv show for kids (or adults). The set came with 40 episodes and I love every single one!
on August 28, 2016
I ordered this as a teaching supplement. I just opened it, and am missing the 2nd disc. These are the titles that are not there WASHINGTON TAKES COMMAND
COMMON SENSE
AMERICAN CRISIS
ACROSS THE DELAWARE
AN AMERICAN IN PARIS
SYBIL LUDINGTON

I would be happy to provide a 5 star rating if I am able to get the 2nd disc or get the set replaced. Thank you!
on October 6, 2016
I know you can watch these on you tube but wanted these to be handy for anywhere. It's true they are all in one stack on the spindle, but it doesn't bother us. A 7 yr old doesn't seem to care either. I'm happy if he puts them back in the package. I didn't know if he would go for this, as I was having trouble getting him interested in his history. Was I amazed to see him glued to it, to the point where he wanted to sit there and watch every single episode. I had to pull him away. He came away talking all about what he'd seen. Plus, when each episode starts, he jumps up and does his ninja, (or something) dance and sings. Well worth the cost to actually see him show some interest, and making it much easier to discuss the topics and do other projects and journals.
on August 20, 2016
My one complaint is that it comes in one of the cases that squish multiple DVDs into the same holder. I understands that it's cheap, but it's too easy for the discs to get scratched that way. Another downside- no CC.
review image review image
on August 9, 2011
These videos are entertaining and well-researched. This set incudes 15 hours, 40 episodes, and some extras, like the "Mystery Guest Game" and Ben Franklin's Words of Wisdom.

The videos make the personalities involved seem more present-day, and the video children (James the journalist, Sarah the Brit helping Americans, and Henri the little French boy) have modern attitudes and expressions.

There is not too much gritty reality in the battle scenes. We like them, but I don't use these as a substitute for actual biographies. I do let my kids watch them (even down to the kindergartener) -- I'm pretty strict about TV, but these make the cut.
on March 2, 2017
This series is quite good. My son loves watching it and doesn't even realize he's learning some history.
on March 29, 2017
I purchased the 4 disc set. My daughter is 5 (almost 6) and she LOVES this series. She is all about American history right now and this show is perfect! I love how it gets her thinking and asking questions about people, places, events, etc. Highly recommend Liberty Kids for anyone with kids at home who are budding history buffs or just to expose them to history.
on October 22, 2013
I read the reviews on this DVD set before I bought it, and I was a little worried. But I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the discs are stacked on top of one another, but they fit snugly in place, and I didn't have any trouble with them slipping around in the case. The case and discs are in good condition and it arrived in good time. The show itself is great for kids. I bought this for the purpose of supplementing history lessons in homeschooling, and I think it's going to work great! It not only teaches history, but it also gives a lot of good lessons about equality for every race and gender. And with shipping, I only spent $10, so it was a great deal. There are 40 episodes, 10 to a disc, and there's some great voice talent on it. So I'm very pleased. I would definitely recommend this item. Now, if you want all the extras like the Now and Then segments and the booklet, etc., there's another version of this product that costs a lot more ($75), but this one is just the DVDs. It depends on what you're looking for and what you're willing to spend. If I had the money, I would probably buy the more expensive one to get all of the extras, but this is a great option for me, since it allowed me to buy the episodes without having to pay more for the extra features.
on March 15, 2017
PERFECT FOR HOMESCHOOL HISTORY CLASS. No subtitles so make sure you have your remote control handy and TV at top volume
if you have a noisy toddler in the room. WHAT GREAT VALUE! You get so many lessons for so little.
on January 4, 2015
The world's greatest animated serious on the United States Revolution. We have been long time fans of liberty kids and their mission to educate children about the history of this country. In the environment we currently live they remind children of the founding principals when our school houses are trying to demolish them and call them out dated. When my son opened the package at 9 years old, his eyes grew two sizes and he screamed "LIBERTY KIDS." He now owned his very own copy of the greatest animated series about our nations history. It's non-common core. It has forty episodes, one for every week of the school year. It brings up important facts about our nation's history in an entertaining manner with a really catchy theme song. It's great if you home school, but it's also great fun just to watch. If you look on the web there are workbook pages for every single episode. What a shame that every child can't watch liberty kids, but with it on Amazon your can now. My own son sat through 20 episodes before we finally had to pull him away. It's that entertaining and it's educational!