Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 30, 2017
This was a gift for my daughter, who liked it. She saw a few episodes on TV, and enjoyed it, so guessed she'd like the full series on DVD. It is unique, and weaves stories of fictional kids into stories about famous Americans, so that the ending result is history told in such a way that kids are interested in what happened, how things came to be. It was affordable, and the DVD good quality.
on November 2, 2016
This is such a great historically rich tv show for kids (or adults). The set came with 40 episodes and I love every single one!
on October 6, 2016
I know you can watch these on you tube but wanted these to be handy for anywhere. It's true they are all in one stack on the spindle, but it doesn't bother us. A 7 yr old doesn't seem to care either. I'm happy if he puts them back in the package. I didn't know if he would go for this, as I was having trouble getting him interested in his history. Was I amazed to see him glued to it, to the point where he wanted to sit there and watch every single episode. I had to pull him away. He came away talking all about what he'd seen. Plus, when each episode starts, he jumps up and does his ninja, (or something) dance and sings. Well worth the cost to actually see him show some interest, and making it much easier to discuss the topics and do other projects and journals.
on August 20, 2016
My one complaint is that it comes in one of the cases that squish multiple DVDs into the same holder. I understands that it's cheap, but it's too easy for the discs to get scratched that way. Another downside- no CC.
review image review image
on March 2, 2017
This series is quite good. My son loves watching it and doesn't even realize he's learning some history.
on March 29, 2017
I purchased the 4 disc set. My daughter is 5 (almost 6) and she LOVES this series. She is all about American history right now and this show is perfect! I love how it gets her thinking and asking questions about people, places, events, etc. Highly recommend Liberty Kids for anyone with kids at home who are budding history buffs or just to expose them to history.
on July 8, 2014
This is amazing. We love it. In the first episodes you see the different political perspectives clashing but then the series helps you to better understand all the sides involved--- English, French, American, German...it's really well made. The main characters often witness a famous person's reactionary statement-- or they themselves make a judgement too quickly---but, as the show progresses, it helps the characters and the audience break those instances down and everyone gains perspective in the end. It is simply great. Ready for your preschooler-->8th grader to happily quote Thomas Paine, Patrick Henry or Phillis Wheatley ? This is a must have.
on July 6, 2015
My grandson received as a gift, and then my granddaughter wanted one (she's 18) as this show was one of her favorites as a child. I watched it with her and her sister multiple times as a child and it is extremely entertaining and informative. My granddaughter is a scholar on America history, I think, in many ways attributable to this show. A must have for every child -- correct America history!
on October 17, 2014
This is an AMAZING series! It is historically accurate and easy to follow. It is fact-packed, and presents both the American and British points of view on the issues of the day. This is VERY HELPFUL for my daughter in her 8th grade history class. It brings the information in her textbook alive and sets it in a context that makes it easy for her to understand and remember. Until she started watching this series, she thought history was about "a bunch of boring dead people." When she read her textbook, she remembered very little of what she would need for the test, even after reading it numerous times. After watching the pertinent chapters of this series (each show is about 20 minutes), she was able to take and pass her test without rereading the text at all! All the major issues were covered by the series, including some that were not even mentioned in her textbook. Now she watches the episodes before she reads, and what she reads slots right into the story. She no longer has to read each chapter several times to prepare for her tests! I highly recommend this series as an adjunct to teaching American history.
on March 4, 2014
I homeschool my granddaughter, and bought these DVDs to supplement her American history lessons. They have been quite a hit!! The problem is she wants to watch all of them right away, and not wait to use them in conjunction with her lessons. She watched six of them yesterday afternoon, and is now ahead of her lessons.

The quality of the videos is really good. They used people you will recognize to play the roles: Walter Cronkite as Benjamin Franklin, Sylvester Stallone, Michael Douglas, Annette Bening, Dustin Hoffman, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Whoopie Goldberg, Billy Crystal, Ben Stiller, and Liam Neeson.

The action is fast-paced and geared toward older kids and tweens. The background story involves a girl from England, 2 young boys, and a former slave, all of whom work in the printing office of Benjamin Franklin. They manage to become personally involved in all the major events leading up to and including the Revolutionary War (you can do anything with animation!). There is a lot of explanation of events in the dialogue between the characters. It truly does result in the student learning a lot about the background of the war.

After each episode, we discuss the history behind what we have just watched....the people involved, geographic locations, what led up to the event, and what further events could occur as a result.

For the little bit of money I spent on this series, I certainly got my money's worth with 40 half hour episodes. We haven't watched all 40 episodes yet, but at the rate we're going, it won't take long!!