Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on November 30, 2017
This was a gift for my daughter, who liked it. She saw a few episodes on TV, and enjoyed it, so guessed she'd like the full series on DVD. It is unique, and weaves stories of fictional kids into stories about famous Americans, so that the ending result is history told in such a way that kids are interested in what happened, how things came to be. It was affordable, and the DVD good quality.
on November 2, 2016
This is such a great historically rich tv show for kids (or adults). The set came with 40 episodes and I love every single one!
on January 11, 2018
I home school my kids. The oldest in 4th, then 3rd and 1st. We all love the series. My question is "Where do I find the link or redeemtion code to access the in depth study guides for all 40 episodes plus additional activity pages?" I have the Important U.S. Documents printout. Help?
on December 26, 2014
I didn't actually watch this series as a kid, but having bought this since entering college I've actually found that this is an incredibly compelling, well-written series that can be appreciated by anyone with an interest in American history. Even though this dvd collection consists just of one case with 4 dvds stacked up inside, for such a low price ($5 at my latest look) it is more than worth the money.

This series has well-written characters and doesn't gloss over the events of history (in particular the wrong-ness of slavery) as other shows or books might when talking about the time period around the American Revolution. I can imagine that this would be a great series for teachers or parents to show their children, but also for older high schoolers who want an interesting refresh on the events of the American Revolution (perhaps in a US History or AP US History course).

Do yourself a favor and buy this series and I don't think you'll regret it.
on August 17, 2014
My kids love history. We traveled to Boston, Philadelphia and Washington D.C., among other places. So Liberty's Kids was one show they could watch over and over. To this day - they are now 22 and 19 - they can sing the theme. They enjoy that the story is told from the point of view of kids who were in the middle of the action. I had to order two copies so each of them could have their own copy with them at school. The show is timeless, like Schoolhouse Rock.
on August 15, 2013
Our children discovered the Liberty's Kids series on Saturday morning cartoons, so I was so excited to see the whole series on DVD. They are 7 and 9 and love history so this is right on target. There is action,suspense and decision making that the characters have to deal with that make children think while they're learning about facts. It brings the Revolution into their world.My husband and I have seen a few episodes and would love to watch the whole thing in order someday!
The show has created questions about the Revolution and American History in general.They are now comparing it to the Civil War (which they are learning about because this was interesting to them). It was the DVD of choice as we drove across the country this summer on our trip. They seem to understand better loyalty,faith and respect of not only our country but I think of people who have to make tough decisions. The low price of this set is more than worth the conversations and questions that have arisen from this series! Only wish they had more like it for other American History.
on March 31, 2016
Coordinated beautifully with my Sonlight D homeschool curriculum. My children loved the show and I loved how they made connections to our history readings and field trips. The information is accurate, something I expected with Walter Kronkite. Even so we talked about how the events depicted in the shows compared to our readings since the Kids journaling the story are not historical figures. The shows were a great way to layer their learning.
on June 8, 2015
Has to be one of the best series of historical cartoons on the US Revolutionary war and events leading to it. My 3, 6, and 7 year old loved it. Even my husband and I enjoyed it and learned some things. We watched these together to prepare for a family trip to Washington DC, and was so glad we did. It helped them to understand the significance of our country's sacrifices. I wish all children in school would watch this series- it teaches history, sacrifice, good morals, courage and leadership - but in a fun way!
on June 26, 2017
LOVE! They are great, short cartoons narrating the events of the American Revolution. I use these videos constantly as a resource during my America. Revolution unit. Highly Recommended!
on September 18, 2013
If you're a history buff or into the American Revolutionary era this is a great informative series for children. I remember the original run on my local PBS channel. Granted I'm not the target demographic but I was instantly hooked upon watching the first episode. The show took you by the hand and tried to give you a semblance of what life was like during the Revolutionary War. Most of the perspective was through the eyes of the children featured in the series.

This is a great educational tool for children for learning about the formative years of the country. It's a good PG show that any parent can feel comfortable in knowing that this is something their children can watch without worry. For the price offered here on Amazon and the run time, almost 900 minutes, this is a bargain.

I was amazed to learn how many different actors did voice work for the series. Truly a standout in the field of network cartoons. I had wished it had run longer, but being originally aired on PBS I am grateful that it ran for the brief time that it did air. I consider myself lucky I had come across it during it's initial run. Since it has been re-released, this is the second production run on DVD, I had to pick up a copy.

For educational purposes it's great for the intended target audience. For adults, it depends on whether you are into American history or the Revolutionary War. This is an excellent learning tool in a format that can hold most children's attention. I would think this would be a great tool in the classroom as well.

I love my copy and I proudly have it on display with my collection of DVDs. No regrets.