Industrial Deals Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on June 11, 2015
WE LOVE Liberty's Kids at my house! The 1 star review is for this particular item/seller/manufacturer.

Our original L.K. DVDs were getting worn out, so I came here to replace them. I could not believe the whole set was only $5 and Prime! It has since gone up in price a bit... but anyway. I didn't bother reading the low reviews because it never occurred to me these would be any different than the original manufacturer's.

Our previously purchased L.K. DVDs were much better quality. These are a cheap knock-off.

My son likes to choose which episodes to watch, and this set makes that much more difficult. It continues to play from wherever you start it.

I would recommend Liberty's Kids to anyone! But buy it from the original manufacturer.
on April 30, 2017
I love , love, love this collection of factual accounts of the founding of our country! My Grade 4/5 students beg for more of these episodes when one is done. I have my students use the study guides ( link included ) while watching, and they are really attentive and actively listening to get the answers. Before showing each episode, I have them take turns reading( out loud) the questions or fill-in statements on each study guide before viewing.They frequently ask me to pause the episode so they can fill in correct responses. It is so fun to watch them "watch " these fantastic and accurate episodes. They asked me if they could do research on the historic figures that they "met" in these episodes. This is so refreshing because I was going to have them do that , anyway! I love it!
22 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 5, 2016
This is one of the best DVD box sets for those who are into learning American History about The American Revolution. The Characters are so awesome and so is the animation quality. I highly recommend the 6-Disc Set from Shout rather than the 4-Disc Set from Mill Creek. The 6-Disc Set has all 40 episodes that is crystal clear and Bonus Features from PBS Kids and the booklet is fun to read. While the 4-Disc Set from Mill Creek has a TV-Y7 on top left and Education logo on the bottom right at the beginning of each episode. So when you are ready to learn about The American Revolution and the 13 Colonies, Buy Liberty's Kids 6-Disc Set from Shout. Do not buy the 4-Disc Set from Mill Creek because it is not worth it. I recommend this Animated series!
on October 24, 2017
I bought this copy because it had a "digital download" but its not REALLY a download, its a website you can go to watch it at digitally. I guess that counts... but I wanted something that could travel with us without me having to sign in each time or have internet connection. We do not even own a dvd player, its a bit of a hassle.

The shows themselves aren't bad, I've only watched a few but the kids like them.
I am not fond of the teaching children only by using textbooks and worksheets. I think learning should be fun, interesting, and captivating. I try to add games, movies, and activities into learning that get my children's attention and makes them crave knowledge. I purchased this DVD to introduce them to some of the great moments of history.

This is an animated DVD that includes many stories including the Boston Tea Party, The First Fourth of July, The Constitution,and many more. It tells the story in a way that draws children in. The children are learning without even knowing it. It helps them ask questions and want to learn more. We then research on the computer or laptop more about what we were just watching and do projects related to that event.

The kids can watch and re watch this and always enjoys it every time. They see it as a cartoon, not as an educational resource.
on April 14, 2016
This is a great cartoon of the American revolution. Would it be worth the $40 that it was going for no is it worth the $8 it is now yes. Well many of the other reviewers say that it is great for home schooling this isn't just good for teaching about basic concepts and events of the American Revolution it also allows you to establish a timeline of the events as often many times kid will just think it was in the past i don't need to know when it went on. As for the actual quality/picture you can tell this is an older show as it doesn't scale up to hdtvs 1080p if you can get over the looks of the image give it a buy. If you want to know more about how America was founded give it a buy if you want kids to have an established sense of why they should care about history give it a buy.
on December 12, 2014
I loved this series as a kid and was so excited when I found this DVD set.

There are a couple of small details that are annoying enough for me to not give this 5 stars:
1. The 4 DVDs are not separated out into sections. There's one little place for the disks and they stack on top of each other, so you can't access any of them at any given point, but instead have to remove the first three to get to the fourth, and so on. A lot of unnecessary handling of the disks.
2. There is only one DVD menu option on each disk that says "Play All". There's not an "Episodes Menu". You cannot skip around to different episodes within each disk without playing and fast forwarding. With 10 episodes per disk, that's a bit inconvenient.

These are minor details in the long run, but they are still slightly annoying. Other than that, this is a great product and I would highly recommend it.
on September 8, 2016
Liberty's Kids is a fun and animated educational adventure for kids. Travel back in time to witness and discover our history. This is a great show to help your kids learn about the American Revolution. My 7 year old son loves this series and it is so engaging. He shows his interest love for history. I highly recommend this Liberty's Kids series because it's fun animated and brings history alive for children. I also enjoy watching this series with my son and I'm also learning as an adult. This Liberty Kids series presents accurate historical events and is a great teaching tool.
on June 11, 2014
Every elementary school teacher of American History should own a copy of this. The cartoon series does an excellent job of covering all the stories in the American Revolution. My 5th grade students love the series.

The cartoon follows the adventures of three children during the American Revolution. There is a boy Colonial patriot teenager, a girl British loyalist teenager, and a young French immigrant pre-teen. They all stay with Benjamin Franklin and work for his newspaper. The teenagers are reporters for him that report on the war from their respective viewpoints. Each episode is a different event in the American Revolution, be it a battle or an important speech. The episodes are all titled in such a way that you can easily find the one that matches with whatever you are covering in your curriculum. The historical figures are voiced by many famous actors and actresses.

For as cheap as this DVD collection sells for, there is no excuse not to buy it!
on October 6, 2016
I know you can watch these on you tube but wanted these to be handy for anywhere. It's true they are all in one stack on the spindle, but it doesn't bother us. A 7 yr old doesn't seem to care either. I'm happy if he puts them back in the package. I didn't know if he would go for this, as I was having trouble getting him interested in his history. Was I amazed to see him glued to it, to the point where he wanted to sit there and watch every single episode. I had to pull him away. He came away talking all about what he'd seen. Plus, when each episode starts, he jumps up and does his ninja, (or something) dance and sings. Well worth the cost to actually see him show some interest, and making it much easier to discuss the topics and do other projects and journals.