Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,402 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,488 reviews
on July 4, 2017
As a middle school teacher, I am able to hand pick episodes that correspond to a lesson we have learned. I have been able to find corresponding worksheets that go with the video. I frequently pause during the episode so that we can discuss how things they have previously learned connect to the video and to answer questions on the worksheet. My students enjoy these videos.
on November 2, 2016
This is such a great historically rich tv show for kids (or adults). The set came with 40 episodes and I love every single one!
on August 28, 2016
I ordered this as a teaching supplement. I just opened it, and am missing the 2nd disc. These are the titles that are not there WASHINGTON TAKES COMMAND
COMMON SENSE
AMERICAN CRISIS
ACROSS THE DELAWARE
AN AMERICAN IN PARIS
SYBIL LUDINGTON

I would be happy to provide a 5 star rating if I am able to get the 2nd disc or get the set replaced. Thank you!
on October 6, 2016
I know you can watch these on you tube but wanted these to be handy for anywhere. It's true they are all in one stack on the spindle, but it doesn't bother us. A 7 yr old doesn't seem to care either. I'm happy if he puts them back in the package. I didn't know if he would go for this, as I was having trouble getting him interested in his history. Was I amazed to see him glued to it, to the point where he wanted to sit there and watch every single episode. I had to pull him away. He came away talking all about what he'd seen. Plus, when each episode starts, he jumps up and does his ninja, (or something) dance and sings. Well worth the cost to actually see him show some interest, and making it much easier to discuss the topics and do other projects and journals.
on August 20, 2016
My one complaint is that it comes in one of the cases that squish multiple DVDs into the same holder. I understands that it's cheap, but it's too easy for the discs to get scratched that way. Another downside- no CC.
review image review image
on August 9, 2011
These videos are entertaining and well-researched. This set incudes 15 hours, 40 episodes, and some extras, like the "Mystery Guest Game" and Ben Franklin's Words of Wisdom.

The videos make the personalities involved seem more present-day, and the video children (James the journalist, Sarah the Brit helping Americans, and Henri the little French boy) have modern attitudes and expressions.

There is not too much gritty reality in the battle scenes. We like them, but I don't use these as a substitute for actual biographies. I do let my kids watch them (even down to the kindergartener) -- I'm pretty strict about TV, but these make the cut.
on March 2, 2017
This series is quite good. My son loves watching it and doesn't even realize he's learning some history.
on March 29, 2017
I purchased the 4 disc set. My daughter is 5 (almost 6) and she LOVES this series. She is all about American history right now and this show is perfect! I love how it gets her thinking and asking questions about people, places, events, etc. Highly recommend Liberty Kids for anyone with kids at home who are budding history buffs or just to expose them to history.
on October 22, 2013
I read the reviews on this DVD set before I bought it, and I was a little worried. But I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the discs are stacked on top of one another, but they fit snugly in place, and I didn't have any trouble with them slipping around in the case. The case and discs are in good condition and it arrived in good time. The show itself is great for kids. I bought this for the purpose of supplementing history lessons in homeschooling, and I think it's going to work great! It not only teaches history, but it also gives a lot of good lessons about equality for every race and gender. And with shipping, I only spent $10, so it was a great deal. There are 40 episodes, 10 to a disc, and there's some great voice talent on it. So I'm very pleased. I would definitely recommend this item. Now, if you want all the extras like the Now and Then segments and the booklet, etc., there's another version of this product that costs a lot more ($75), but this one is just the DVDs. It depends on what you're looking for and what you're willing to spend. If I had the money, I would probably buy the more expensive one to get all of the extras, but this is a great option for me, since it allowed me to buy the episodes without having to pay more for the extra features.
on March 15, 2017
PERFECT FOR HOMESCHOOL HISTORY CLASS. No subtitles so make sure you have your remote control handy and TV at top volume
if you have a noisy toddler in the room. WHAT GREAT VALUE! You get so many lessons for so little.